It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't Black People Protest 'Black-on-Black Violence'?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: TheBulk

Did you not read the OP's links? It IS getting better.

By what measure? Where are the statistics?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Boadicea

The problem isn't the lack of protesting black on black crime. The problem is groups like "Black Lives Matter" not protesting black on black crime when their very name means that black lives matter to them.

I don't see how that's your problem -- or anyone's problem. I am certainly not a fan of the GSE BLM, but they are under no obligation to do what you think. They can focus on whatever issues they feel appropriate -- whether because they are easiest to address, most important to address, the ones they are most equipped to address. Whatever. They don't have to take their marching orders from you or me or anyone.

link   

Read the OP. It's in there.

link   
Sad but BLM get more mileage by using the race card, dont take responsibility blame someone else.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

The problem isn't the lack of protesting black on black crime. The problem is groups like "Black Lives Matter" not protesting black on black crime when their very name means that black lives matter to them.

I disagree but here's why. I think, again it's our media showing us only what they want to show us. In this case they want to show us black lives matter protests for whatever reason. But you can't hold Black Lives Matter to the coals for not protest black on black crime, the very begginning of this movement was to protest how minorities where treated by the police. that's it.

It would be like getting upset because a baseball announcer doesn't talk about the football game. It's a whole different issue.

It's all about the name in my opinion. For example, there was never a reason to state that all lives matter before black lives matter came along and singled out one group to defend, and then don't defend them unless something happens by the hands of another race. All lives matter by default.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Why Don't Black People Protest 'Black-on-Black Violence'?

Because there are black racists too.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I am BTW against blm as an organization, not what they are trying to expose.

Well said -- thank you!

As recent email leaks have shown, the feds are working with the BLM at the top to create this havoc and chaos and further the divide between the people.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I disagree but here's why. I think, again it's our media showing us only what they want to show us. In this case they want to show us black lives matter protests for whatever reason. But you can't hold Black Lives Matter to the coals for not protest black on black crime, the very begginning of this movement was to protest how minorities where treated by the police. that's it.

It would be like getting upset because a baseball announcer doesn't talk about the football game. It's a whole different issue.

It's all about the name in my opinion. For example, there was never a reason to state that all lives matter before black lives matter came along and singled out one group to defend, and then don't defend them unless something happens by the hands of another race. All lives matter by default.

True but you miss the real sentiment of that movement. It should have been called "Black Lives Matter Too" Because the feeling in those communities, like Ferguson, was that the police didn't care as much about their black citizens as their other citizens.

We know all lives matter but they just wanted us to know that their lives mattered as much as your life and my life, that they were equally as important as us. BLM may have morphed into something else now but that's the sentiment you have to understand.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It's all about the name. That's all I'm saying. If black lives matter, act like it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think we have got to the point where NLM is now in power. No Lives Matter

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It's been posted as replies in every thread about black people protesting, there's been threads. Even outside of ATS this happens. It's called willful ignorance. There's certain types of people that don't want to know, refuse to know because it's their last bastion of being able to say something negative about black people without appearing as exactly what they are.

Nice job on all the info gathering.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Actually it shouldn't be a monumental feat to infer that there's an implied too. Again, it's just willful ignorance... a shield from which to be a nasty prick from behind.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

What a refreshing thread! I've read too many times here or on Facebook that black people should worry about black on black crime, which is worse than police brutality against black people. Well, the statistics show that:

90% of African American homicides are committed by other black people.
82% of Caucasian homicides are committed by other white people.
LINK
There's really no difference. However, in 2015 the rate of black young men killed by police was 5 times higher than black men. LINK

So yes, black people have the right to protest against police brutality based on skin colour.

Thank you for this thread!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

What a refreshing thread! I've read too many times here or on Facebook that black people should worry about black on black crime, which is worse than police brutality against black people. Well, the statistics show that:

90% of African American homicides are committed by other black people.
82% of Caucasian homicides are committed by other white people.
LINK
There's really no difference. However, in 2015 the rate of black young men killed by police was 5 times higher than black men. LINK

So yes, black people have the right to protest against police brutality based on skin colour.

Thank you for this thread!

What's your missing here is that black people are only 13% of the population wild whites are like 65%. That paints quite a different picture, those numbers should not be so close together.
edit on 13-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

It's all about the name. That's all I'm saying. If black lives matter, act like it.

I'm not going to defend BLM for this or any other reason -- though I support their purported mission. I have much bigger problems with them.

But I can't help but shudder at the implications when I apply your sentiments -- and other common sentiments regarding "Black Lives Matter" -- to the now-popular "Blue Lives Matter."

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

What's your missing here is that black people are only 13% of the population....

And yet black men are targeted 5 times more than white men.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
I think we have got to the point where NLM is now in power. No Lives Matter

We are sure damn close...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: TheBulk

What's your missing here is that black people are only 13% of the population....

And yet black men are targeted 5 times more than white men.

Black men are targeted? Where are you getting these statistics? Black people commit over 50% of the violent crime in this country and they're only 13% of the population. If you look at black and white violent crime together on its face they are pretty close, but that is a bad thing considering that black people are such a small percentage of the overall population. Do you understand this?

Besides that, white people are targeted and killed by the police more than black people and black people actually have a 20% better chance of not getting shot.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It's been posted as replies in every thread about black people protesting, there's been threads.

Well, I guess I'll have to join them now! Easy enough to post a link to this OP now that I've compiled all this together...

Nice job on all the info gathering.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yes, they are targeted a lot more. My links are on my original reply, first one from the FBI.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join