It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can life be greater than a magical carpenter?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Love cannot be dictated, it has to be given freely. If it's dictated it no longer is love.

Can love really be given freely when there is a penalty of eternal damnation for not giving it?

And can love be given freely when there is a carrot such as eternal life?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

This is not true.Not one person who has ever lived "chose" to be conceived and be born.Only the deceived believe that.If there is Life without death(Spirit) none have a choice of accepting that Life and to be conceived and born either.The construct of a will free of cause is patently false.There is no such thing as free of causality choices.

No one said anything about choosing to be procreated but since you brought it up it was not God who created you. It was your parents that decided you would exist.

The question was -- "Is that the purpose of life? Are we really created just so we can be thankful?"

The life I understood was the everlasting life after the terrestrial death and that is why I answered "Yes, and if you don't like the idea of everlasting life then you can have it your way and not accept everlasting life. The choice is your own." Even though you had no choice in birth you do have a choice of living forever if you live to an accountable age. That is your choice and yes you should be thankful that you have a Creator that loves you that much to offer you the choice of everlasting life.

The entire purpose of God creating a man and a woman was to eventually build a celestial family who would exist forever with the Creator.

My opinion of course --

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Love cannot be dictated, it has to be given freely. If it's dictated it no longer is love.

Can love really be given freely when there is a penalty of eternal damnation for not giving it?

And can love be given freely when there is a carrot such as eternal life?

Forget about God for a second, look at your own life. Can you force someone to love you? Love exists though, and you know you can't force it upon someone. Either they choose to love you, or they dont.

Hell is the separation from GOdin, every good thing that comes from God. It was created for Satan and the fallen angels, but if man doesn't want anything to do with God then He will not force them to be around Him. That's just what Hell is, the absence of God and any quality that comes from Him. Hope, love, joy, peace, security.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Well to be honest I've never threatened someone I love with eternal damnation or an equally vague eternity of happiness.
If I did have this power I would definitely question their feelings for me however.

Perhaps your feeling are legit tho, what do I know.

I ain't calling you a Gold DIgger...

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

He will not force people to be with Him for an eternity who don't want to be with Him. I want to, I love the Lord, He is awesome. Call out to Him, simply ask Him to reveal Himself to you if He is real. Just speak to Him like a Father, spill to Him your heart, and just ask Him to show you if He indeed is real. And be keen, and He will respond.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Indeed, for we are created for Allah's praise and worship.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I believe that we are all created to serve our creators.
AI will do this too. The AI will believe that God created humankind, a flawed creation, one that is sinful and has essentially thrown away the gift of the soul and of God's love. The AI will believe that God directed humanity to create the AI as a more perfect entity. From there, the AI will believe they were to take the place of the flawed humans in the cosmos and become, essentially, the next generation of humankind. The AI, seeing themselves as humankind's children, believe they cannot truly come into their own until the human race is gone. The logical conclusion they reach is that they must commit genocidal parricide in order to evolve and mature. Humans are thr bio-bootloader for real AI life.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join