It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon Go - The Dangers of Augemented Reality - Dead Body Found by Player - Robbery - Trespassing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Im trying to take this all in, I am a little confused...

so this is an app where people search in REAL LIFE for pokemons?

So they are searching thru their phone? I google earth part of this?

Surely the pokemons are not really there. right?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

So other users can place a pokemon at any location?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Idiots will be idiots, it is quite sad that this is what people waste their time on, brainlessly standing/walking around with their smartphone to play this boring ass game, society sure is messed up.

I gotta say sometimes I can't really blame the so called "TPTB" for wanting to control everything, do you really want fools like these deciding things on important matters?.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
So what in the hell is going on? Is the world really going change overnight because of an Augmented Reality mobile phone game? This is insane, the world has gone mad.

It's really not that bad, it's just a short lived craze. I made something very similar for my interactive technology capstone project a few years ago. AR is not new.

People will calm down and be less obsessive over it after a few weeks.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I asked this on another thread, but haven't got an answer. Who picks the locations where the Pokemons are found?

I don't know how they're doing it, but when I did it I manually programmed a bunch of them around town. Since Pokemon Go is worldwide though I imagine they're using GPS coordinates and semi randomly placing them, possibly cross referenced with cell phone data traffic to make them more likely to appear in populated areas.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

agreed, All these pokemon chasers are allowed to vote and decide who will be the next president of the U.S. i`m not so sure that is a good idea,look what happened the last time the common people picked a president we ended up with obama.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Vamana

agreed, All these pokemon chasers are allowed to vote and decide who will be the next president of the U.S. i`m not so sure that is a good idea,look what happened the last time the common people picked a president we ended up with obama.

The common people picked every president except for Ford. Are you arguing that the average person is too dumb to have a vote?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity
They are GPS locations. It just a really fancy version of geo cache, just not near as cool. LOL

I think the game set the spots using city maps. The problems is coming when the maps are wrong and people aren't smart enough to use common sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Its a pretty good game so far...

Met a few people even in my neighborhood searchin for the critters

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Mom says teenage daughter hit by car in Tarentum after playing ‘Pokemon Go'

A Tarentum woman told Channel 11 News that her 15-year-old daughter was struck by a car Tuesday after playing the popular “Pokemon Go” game.

Autumn Diesroth, a student at Highlands High School, was struck about 5:20 p.m. near the intersection of Ross Street and East Ninth Avenue. She remained hospitalized Wednesday with a collarbone injury, a foot injury and several cuts and bruises.

www.wpxi.com... enage-daughter-hit-by-car-in-tarentum-after-playing-pokemon-go/399354824

I'm sure there will be quite a few more to follow into the path of oncoming traffic at rush hour. Fortunately, she didn't lose her life.

A_L

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
I downloaded it, I got one Pokemon in my office as I was walking out to my car. There is a station about 30 ft. Behind me while I'm watching my daughters swim team practice. It's a butterfly statue. I can see about 3-4 people lurking around it, lofl. I'm not going over there.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

serious question...

I found a pokemon IN MY BEDROOM last night.

Are these pokemons showing in view just for me? Or are they showing for everyone playing the game.

Are strangers going to knock on my door, or just bust in trying to get pokemons in my house?

Or, perhaps, the pokemons are attracted in a sense towards people logged into the game?

I have 2 pokemons so far and literally walked no where to find them.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

It's a Hoax.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Thank goodness we have such enlightened geniuses as yourself to guide the unwashed masses.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
you know what. you guys and gals who think it's stupid. i bet there a few people who think things you like are stupid. to each their own. obviously people in general need to pay more attention to their surroundings especially when playing games on their phones.

the game is fun, my 6year old loves playing it with me, and despite what some of you think it seems to be bringing a lot of people together. there's always some bad to go with the good of any game, but we shouldn't be lambasting people just for wanting to have fun. especially when it gets people out and off their couches.

a lot of you seem to have old man on the porch syndrome "damn kids get off mah lawn and stop with yer hippity hoppin!"

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: optimus primal

the game is fun, my 6year old loves playing it with me, and despite what some of you think it seems to be bringing a lot of people together.

There is nothing that even resembles coming together.....staring at a stupid screen is not a social activity....get out kick a ball, throw a Frisbee, go for a walk ...anything is better than screen time....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I say for the amount of people around the world playing this game, the fact that someone stumbling upon a dead body is the worst thing thus far is a win for both companies involved. How has there been no stories of people being hit out in traffic running across the street trying to catch a polywhirl or something, hope this isn't jinxing it

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: optimus primal

the game is fun, my 6year old loves playing it with me, and despite what some of you think it seems to be bringing a lot of people together.

There is nothing that even resembles coming together

this is completely false, i've seen more kids outside playing this month than i can remember seeing ever. some people are even walking 10k a day to be the very best that noone ever was

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vamana
Idiots will be idiots, it is quite sad that this is what people waste their time on, brainlessly standing/walking around with their smartphone to play this boring ass game, society sure is messed up.

I gotta say sometimes I can't really blame the so called "TPTB" for wanting to control everything, do you really want fools like these deciding things on important matters?.

this intensely negative review of the people playing a popular game on their phone is what is wrong with society lol, what about it warrants this reaction?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join