It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sanders "Revolution" Was Just Put To Sleep

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ask yourself this...

Who will the military, corporate, industrial complex support? A known warhawk or an an unknown commodity?
Who does the EC really listen to, the voters or big business?

There's your next president.

hanging chads anyone?
edit on 13-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
One thing friend. I am a liberal like yourself. How do you stomach the fact that Clinton helped author two proxy wars in Libya and Syria, a form of neo-imperialism, which has led to the deaths of at least 200,000 people. What about her wall st connections? Big money basically owns our gov. What about her support for domestic surveillance?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Ask yourself this...

Who will the military, corporate, industrial complex support?

They'll listen to the GOP. Trump would just be a figurehead. That's the role he's already playing. Just a representative picture of the party. The REAL strength in the GOP is going to come from the Party Leaders - Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Roy Blunt, John Cornyn, Jim Inhofe, John Thune, Tony Perkins, Mike Huckabee, etc. These are the people who will be running the country if Trump is elected. These are the people the military industrial complex and corporate America will be working with.

edit on 7/13/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I'm not saying that I enjoy everything that Hillary has done or does, but there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. All candidates have flaws and will be willing to vote for and support positions that you won't agree with. You just have to balance out the options to find the candidate that fits you the best. Of the remaining candidates in the race, trump is the farthest from this. Gary Johnson and Jill Stein are unelectable. So this just leaves Hillary. No I don't enjoy the things you alluded to and they do make me uncomfortable, but what other choice do I have?

When the choice is between two # sandwiches then its pretty reasonable to assume that you'll be eating # for lunch.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

They'll listen to the GOP. Trump would just be a figurehead.

I'm not so sure. In the past that was a given; now with the GOP in melt down...

I think Clinton will get the nod.

The dark forces worship ritual and consistency.
edit on 13-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I DO hope Bernie supporters will say oh well and vote for Hillary.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Krazysh0t

With close to 26,000 posts on ATS, and your voting for Clinton, hmmmm, do you fear Trump that much?

He's not fearful. He's smart.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hillary Loses Ground After Outspending Trump $57M to $4M

With a headline screaming "Clinton Losing On Honesty In Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania," the release for the results of a new Quinnipiac University 2016 presidential swing state poll conducted in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania is all bad news for Hillary Clinton. She has lost ground on almost every measure -- especially on honesty and moral standards and has lost her 8-point lead over Donald Trump in Florida, and the race is too-close-to-call in the three critical swing states of Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania

This terrible poll for Hillary comes after Team Hillary outspent Team Trump by a 15-to-1 margin, $57 million to $3.6 million in ads. Forty percent of the Hillary advertising money was spent in these three battleground states. Team Hillary should be in full panic mode. No candidate since 1960 has won presidency without carrying at least two of these three states.

source

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

While other sources say that half of Bernie supporters are voting for Trump, or that 40% of Bernie supporters aren't voting for Clinton. You can find whatever you want on the internet.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
It is frustrating that so many say that the only reason they are voting for Clinton or Trump is out of fear of the otherside becoming President! If everyone of these individuals voted for a third party, Americans would send a bigger message to the establishment than the fact that we are just sheeple! Sigh.

I'm voting for Trump because of the message he sends. I haven't heard any Trump supporters say they're just voting for him to vote against Clinton.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
3rd party protest vote..that's all you got at this point.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: thinline
Now they are really voting for Hillary, who has zero of the values that The Bern's supporters said were important.

Bernie won't be the president, but many of his ideas (which is what people who feel the Bern are interested in) will be in the Democratic Platform, so even though he's not there, some of his policies and ideas will be.

Berni e Sanders Wins Liberal Influence over the Democratic Platform

Bernie Sanders may have lost out on the Democratic nomination, but he won significant influence over the party’s official policy positions, getting a draft document that largely reflected his liberal views.
After a frequently combative negotiating session, all sides agreed the final product was the most liberal set of policies on record.

I never WANTED Hillary to win, but between her and the GOP, even aside from Trump, I'll vote for her.

Yea, because Hillary's never flip-flopped before

She changes her platform more than she changed her pantsuit. I don't understand how you very same people pointed this out about her not but a few months ago, and now somehow think she's changed because Bernie endorsed her???

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I've heard a LOT of people saying they don't really like Trump but they're voting for him simply because they hate Hillary so much. Several of them are on ATS.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

But, see, on page one you clearly stated that you're not voting on a position thaat you agree with, rather you're voting purely AGAINST a position.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I wonder how much he was paid by the racist Clinton.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors

But, see, on page one you clearly stated that you're not voting on a position thaat you agree with, rather you're voting purely AGAINST a position.

I am voting against Trump. I'm also voting for Sanders' positions that have been adopted into Hillary's campaign. Before it was just voting against Trump, but now that Hillary has adopted some of Sanders' campaign there are things I agree with her on.

In any case, it's complicated and people on ATS usually don't care about my nuances.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors
Yea, because Hillary's never flip-flopped before

Excuse me? Did I mention something about Hillary flip-flopping? Your comment seems out of context.

I don't understand how you very same people pointed this out about her not but a few months ago, and now somehow think she's changed because Bernie endorsed her???

I have NEVER claimed that Hillary has "changed". I don't think she has. My feelings about her are the same as they've been this entire election season. My point is that if the DNC platform has some of Bernie's agenda, there's a good chance SOME of it will be worked on during Hillary's presidency, if she wins.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: butcherguy
Just because Bernie sold out, that doesn't mean that everyone else has to sell out.

Can I ask... What do you mean he "sold out"? He LOST. That's not selling out. And he has said from the beginning that he would support her if he lost. He's just keeping his word, once again.

The right doesn't understand unity anymore. To them it's about fighting kicking and screaming about getting your exact way until no one listens to you anymore. And then you kick and scream some more.

Yeah totally.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Do you honestly think that the ONE time the Democrats put their foot down is comparable to all the times the Republicans whined about trying to get Obamacare repealed, investigated Benghazi again and again, attacked Obama's birth, closed the government, and much more? Because if you do then I have a bridge to sell you. The Republicans have been the party of the temper tantrums for the last 8 years, not the Democrats.
edit on 13-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join