It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Craze about Pokemon?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
I can only imagine what a city looks like right now lol.

That just reminded me of something I read today.

Pokemon Go players face backlash from sacred sites, authorities

Peg Patterson Park in the waterside suburb of Rhodes in Sydney has attracted a large number of players over the past couple of nights due to the fact that three Pokestops intersect at the location. A photo posted to the Pokemon Go Sydney Facebook page on Monday night showed a huge crowd of players who had descended upon the location.

According to one Facebook user, the crowd was even pelted with water bombs on Tuesday night by residents in apartments surrounding the park in what he labelled as “backlash” from locals.

Teehee.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This game is a PsyOp conditioning tool. "Catch them all... ", "Collect them all... " It's another information gathering app masked as an innovative kids game, made and marketed to seem completely harmless and "futuristic". I admit, when Ingress came out, I had it for like four days until I realized just how invasive that app was to my privacy.

People these days don't have an expectation of privacy so it means nothing to give it away. Myself, not happening.

To each their own.
edit on 13-7-2016 by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

What is the Craze about Pokemon?

Bee-cuuuz, people keep making threads about it?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Nuuu...

its everywhere...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
So about 2 weeks ago I notice a mob of kids hanging around a monument in a park I like to go to. I thought maybe there was a group visiting. But then the next day same thing, and the next. Then I am like 'what the hell?"

My beloved park is full of kids wandering around looking at their phones. I stop one kid and say why is everyone looking at their phones? And then he told me about the Pokemon game. Basically they turned the park into a special area where you can "get" stuff so everyone flocks there. Well it used to be a peaceful park..

I think the augmented reality thing is pretty cool but wth?!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom
Bizarre

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

It's hard to explain those that don't have the devotion to becoming the greatest poke master of all time.

I was just mocking the cartoons...that's all.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
At least it gets theses pudgy kids out of their house and walking around and exercising.

But they need some sort of regulation on what sort of places they can use for this game. Who saw this coming?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It ain't out in the uk yet as far as I know but already my son have kinda made me want to have a go as we trek a lot so we might find rare ones lola reply to: Akragon

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Memes are a wonderful form of control...

Will "Pokemon Go" be used to catch us all?

It was created by Niantic, Inc., which was founded by the Keyhole, Inc. founder John Locke. Keyhole Inc. was funded by Sony & Nvidia, along with a nice chunk of money coming from the CIA’s venture capital firm In-Q-Tel, with In-Q-Tel receiving the majority of funding from the National Geospatial Agency. The NGA was formerly known as NIMA, the National Imaging and Mapping Agency, until 2003. The NGA’s primary focus is mapping Geospatial Intelligence, or GEOINT. Geospatial Intelligence is intelligence about human activity on earth derived from the exploitation and analysis of imagery and geospatial information that describes, assesses, and visually depicts physical features and geographical referenced activities on the Earth.

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amWednesday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
First i thought that game should be a way to make kids go outside again.
But the "hip" millenials, or whoever plays something like this, do this:
5 lazy ways: How to play Pokémon Go without moving!

Play Pokemon GO without Leaving the House.

Made me laugh a bit.
Why do people use cheats and all that on games, to destroy the fun of the games?
Why do such people even play games, if they can´t play them as they are thought to play?

If i see some kids playing that stuff, they can show me what, how it is.
But i never ever would play any games with that kind of "graphics", that nintendo japanese manga whatever style, looking like 20 years back in time. And looking like made for little children.
Manga was interesting when it was something new, with Akira. But after watching three movies with that japanese comic style, it wasn´t interesting anymore. Because it´s nothing special, but kind of weired. Imho!!!

But if people have fun it, then it´s ok, why not, just not my thing, to hunt those "cute", "sweet", little PicachuPokemonwhatevers, for whatever reason.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's all fun and games until some kid ends up in a crack house to catch one.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Who picks the locations where the Pokemons are found?
edit on 13-7-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I can only assume businesses pay them...

That seems to be the main land marks... And im sure this isn't a free advertising campaign

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Went to a local park downtown today while i was out and about...

There was at least 3-5 people playing this Pokemon Go game

This is nuts... LOL

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I can only assume businesses pay them...

That seems to be the main land marks... And im sure this isn't a free advertising campaign

So, are all the Pokemons found at businesses? I thought some were found near rivers and parks.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No no... They're found everywhere...

The businesses seem to be Pokestops, and Gyms...

I will explain... bare with me im still figuring this game out

Pokestops are at parks, churches(ironic?), businesses... landmarks like memorials etc

When you get in the area you click on the land mark on your map, and then spin the picture that comes up... It gives you items... usually pokemon balls

Gyms, are for level 5+ trainers... haven't got there yet... but apparently thats where you can duel for possession of said gym... you can join teams to make it stronger... and i guess once you hold a gym, the Pokemon you used to gain possession defends it automatically.

I've found about 9 critters so far... one in my back yard... a couple down the street... I took a few walks at 2-3am last night... just cruisin around with a beer in one hand and the damn game in the other.

Hit a couple of these Pokestops, and the game tells you when something is close...

It shows up like a flutter of green leaves thats not easy to see on the map... then you go to at area and explore

edit on 13-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Its getting weird people...

Players are everywhere!!

people were talking about this game at the bar...

A bunch of people walked by clearly playing the game... and the people on the patio were shouting "You gotta catch em all!!"

I caught a pidgy in the can...

Walked back out to the Patio and said that exact thing... and everyone knew what i just said and laughed

Wtf is a pidgy? And whats it do?

LOL

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: darknewt

There is a way to play in the UK just google it.
Well I hated it....
Would be better If it was actual dinosaurs.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There could be a Pokemon sitting in front of me right now... but alas, I shall never know! For my Samsung S3 is deemed incompatible with this game, and though I've seriously heard stories of people buying new phones so they can play, I, am not one of them. (Actually, I wonder if this is what it's all about! It's all a ploy for people to buy new phones!!!)

Enjoy your Pokemons... ENJOY THEM!!!!!!!!! For I, must live in the past... the days of yore when one would play Pokemon on a handheld Nintendo and not via "augmented reality".

*wipes away a tear*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join