It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Craze about Pokemon?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I just have to know!

Apparently Pokemon came in the generation just after mine... I seem to remember everyone being all about Japanimation in the 90s

I know its a Cartoon, but is that where it started?

Theres been tons of games about the subject, and admittedly i have played the card game... its pretty good

Now theres this New game... Pokeman Go

Very neat game... it uses GPS, and augmented reality which still hasn't really come into what it could be

I hate it, but i can't seem to stop playing...

What i want to know is...

What is the point of Pokemon?

just to collect them all?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Oh dear Sir you are mistaken... its not all about collecting them all....that's for poke noobs....its about having to catch em all.

I will not give up training my pokemon into self awareness like they did jn the cartoon. I want my pokemon to choose whether they evolve of not just like the cartoo .Consensual evolution.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Sounds like kids having fun, kids of all ages
Seems like the old Russell yo yo craze, think its pretty good that people are into Jap anime
Dont get everyone who is running it down, guess they would prefer hula hoops to come back

I guess in time they will tell us oldys what its about, seems like fun though, well fun for them younguns

For me, i dont want to catch anything, nothing at all, unless it off a boat

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I guess in time they will tell us oldys what its about, seems like fun though, well fun for them younguns

Im 37 man lol

edit on 13-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

I will not give up training my pokemon into self awareness like they did jn the cartoon. I want my pokemon to choose whether they evolve of not just like the cartoo .Consensual evolution.

What the hell did you just say?

Can you put it in... Noob terms?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
My little brother showed up at my house today with the new Pokemon app.

We were talking about it and he noticed a Pokemon in the backyard... We went outside and caught the bastard.

And I giggled a happy little chuckle with how fun it was. It was such a nice, albeit tiny fulfilling high. A dangerous, potentially addicting high.

I'm going to jump the gun and start a Pokeholics anonymous chapter in my town. It will soon be needed...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It's Ingress for kids and 37 year old men

And a whole bunch of my gay friends on facebook, so it seems lol

I'll stick to Ingress. I like capturing portals more than pokemon. haha

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
My little brother showed up at my house today with the new Pokemon app.

We were talking about it and he noticed a Pokemon in the backyard... We went outside and caught the bastard.

And I giggled a happy little chuckle with how fun it was. It was such a nice, albeit tiny fulfilling high. A dangerous, potentially addicting high.

I'm going to jump the gun and start a Pokeholics anonymous chapter in my town. It will soon be needed...

its just a game bro...

its like geocashing...

BUT

I still don't get the "why" of the game...

Someone said it was about catching them all.... Isn't that what i said...

And Thus... what the southpark episode was all about as well?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'm going to start a new game.
Hunting Pokemon Go players with a bat.
Oh and If I saw a Picachoo I would club it like a baby seal, make a fine pair of gloves.
edit on 13-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

This might give you some insight... it's more about where you end up, than what you're doing, I guess. Same as Ingress. Though ingress is far older and more involved around the world...

www.npr.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Now that's some augmented reality right there

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You can do that?!?!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Sod it going to download it now see what the fuss is about.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

This might give you some insight... it's more about where you end up, than what you're doing, I guess. Same as Ingress. Though ingress is far older and more involved around the world...

www.npr.org...

What's "Ingress"?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Sod it going to download it now see what the fuss is about.

Ya that's how i got the damn thing...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Oh and If I saw a Picachoo I would club it like a baby seal, make a fine pair of gloves.

Well im no Pokemon expert...

But have you ever touched a live wire?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Ingress is an augmented-reality massively multiplayer online location-based game created by Niantic, originally part of Google.[4] The game was first released exclusively for Android devices on November 15, 2012,[2][5] and was made available for Apple's iOS on July 14, 2014.[3][6] The game has a complex science fiction back story with a continuous open narrative,[7][8] which however is not necessary for playing and enjoying the game. Ingress has also been considered to be a location-based exergame.[9]

Ingress Factions: Enlightened & Resistance

There are two main Ingress Factions: The Enlightened and The Resistance. Both of them have the same abilities in the game and they are fighting a war to save the Earth, both of them!

Enlightened:
The Enlightened faction wants to help Shapers to infiltrate Earth, and they believe that Shapers will help humankind evolve and that they will bring enlightenment to all people. The Enlightened are represented by the color green in the game.

Resistance:
The Resistance faction fights to save the Earth from Shapers. The Enlightened say that the Resistance fears change and a better world. But the Resistance believes that the Shaper invasion will be the end of humankind, and they want to stop it. The Resistance are represented by the color blue in the game.

It's fun.. I'd be in my city, capturing portals, and suddenly as I walk away hear it being attacked by the opposition... and be side eyeing everyone around me haha.. but as I played it alone, it becomes increasingly hard..

www.ingress.com...

edit on 13-7-2016 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

There are similarities to the geocache thing, but this app is wayyyy more appealing to many, many more people.

I had no idea why so many groups of kids and teenagers were meandering through my small neighborhood until my brother said "oh, they're definitely looking for Pokemon."

I can only imagine what a city looks like right now lol. Small gangs of kids everywhere you look, roaming the streets and searching for the prized mewtwo.

And yes I suppose the objective is to 'catch em' all'.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The "landmarks' that are coming up for battle's seems to be businesses for the most part...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Well it did help find a dead body.

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join