It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Space Station Out Of Control! Free Falling Back To Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus
As pointed out, there are several cameras from which the feed alternates.
Why, please give me a reason, would NASA "cut" a feed in which the Chinese satellite appeared, even if it did? It's nonsensical even ignoring the fact that the two spacecraft never, ever get close to each other. They are on quite different orbits.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
a reply to: Phage

Ok here is what i have learned about the event with NASA temporarily cutting off the live feed with ISS

NASA never cut the live feed....

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Back on the topic of Tiangong 1, it is worth mentioning that Skylab, the largest man-made object to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere, was, by any measure, several times the size of Tiangong-1: 77,111 kg vs. 18,753 kg; 25.1 meters long vs. 10.4 meters long, etc. Many pieces of Skylab made it to the ground, but no one was hurt.

If Tiangong re-enters in a completely uncontrolled fashion, it will probably disintegrate in the upper atmosphere. If pieces of it do reach the Earth's surface, that surface will probably be water, because the Earth is ~70% water. If pieces happen to impact somewhere on land, they will almost certainly relatively small.

Given all of the ifs and maybes and unknowns, it isn't worth worrying about being hurt by Tiangong-1.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PhloydPhan

Well worth mentioning.

Uncontrolled reentry, the heat, structural stresses and strains...most of it, if not all of it, will burn up long before it hits water/land.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Oh sorry. Your source says it's in freewill. I have no idea what can be done about that. Once a satellite has a mind of its own all bets are off.

If it's out of fuel, that it. It will reenter when it does. Which is subject to a number of variables.

What do you mean "NASA had to cut their feed?"

Side effect of the infinite improbability drive - apparently it was a whale for a brief moment before becoming a potted geranium.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Controlled de orbit, burns up in the upper atmosphere, less chance of larger bits impacting the earth.

Uncontrolled reentry, might break up and fall in larger pieces to the ground, like the Sky lab did way back. Anyone remembering that , it was a going concern; who's gonna get it?

The Australian outback did. Most likely it will hit ocean but whomever gets to the see the breakup and ablations is in for a treat.

Maybe even the YOUTUBE chance of a lifetime to post a hundred more UFO videos.

Sizzle the fissile...

edit on 13-7-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Can we hold bets on where it might land?

Parts could land in multiple places, ups your chance.

I'll put a tenna on in the Atlantic, west of Africa.

1,000,000,000/1 it hits Antarctica... Any takers?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

While it is pretty much impossible (at the moment) to predict the approximate longitude of where it will re-enter the atmosphere, Tiangong-1's orbit is inclined at 42.7 degrees relative to the equator. This means it will (wth almost 100% certainty) re-enter somewhere between 42.7 degrees north and 42.7 degrees south of the equator. Northern Europe, most of Russia, the northern part of the contiguous US, and all of Canada (as well as the southernmost tip of South America) are all in the clear.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PhloydPhan

I should have been more clear, west of Ivory Coast or Côte d’Ivoire if you will.

Cheers for the info, but you just told everyone where it's most likely to land and destroyed my hopes of milking the gullible better who loves a long shot.

Damn you

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
China has a space station?! Had a space station..

What a waste.

Glad others are in the space game cuz NASA is too slooooow (on purpose, for unknown mysterious reasons).

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Just narrowing things down a bit. Most of the populated parts of the world are still possible re-entry (or, depending on your point of view, impact) zones.

I'll bet 10 fake internet points on re-entry and impact in Rio sometime during the Olympics. Because, hey, why not another thing to go wrong?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This video might help, I haven't time to go through it right now, but someone might.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Interesting video. The basic idea is right - the lower the station gets, the more likely it is to be about to re-enter - but I'm not sure how much stock I'd put in the specifics. For one thing, he's using entirely the wrong graphic for the station, as Tiangong-1 is a single module with a single pair of solar panels (approximately like this). The graphic he's using is for a larger Chinese modular space station, the core module of which is set to be launched in 2018 (at least it was the last I knew).

Another issue is when he says that a space station has never re-entered in an uncontrolled fashion like this before. Skylab experienced an uncontrolled re-entry back in 1979. In addition, many large LEO satellites (like photographic reconnaissance satellites) are about the same size as Tiangong-1, and there are a number of examples of them experiencing uncontrolled re-entry.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
i wonder if there is anything nuclear on that thing or any other toxic stuff that you wouldn`t want landing in your backyard?
edit on 13-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Probably.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
everybody needs to relax....if it's going to hit somebody or something, you won't have time to move, it's not like you can watch it come down and just run a few dozen yards and escape. it will be all over before the mind tells the muscles to move.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ya here a few link to more info
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.ca... =Feed:+LatestWorldwideMeteor/meteoriteNews+(Latest+Worldwide+Meteor/Meteorite+News)

mainenewsonline.com...

www.news.com.au... 59fa2d45cd37c59f2ba25602402dea5d

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I wonder if Tacobell is going to have a contest for this one.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
a reply to: Phage

Phage, not the ufo stuff but the feed went down.. Could that incident and the China station be connected?

Pax

If any article is mentioning UFOS, you can ignore anything else it says.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
THATS just silly Clinton's paper work should have covered this.a reply to: Bedlam

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join