It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This What Mid-Life Crisis Feels Like?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Whatever you do, do not join the military. This is the wrong century for that.
Pack a backpack of your necessities and move to Brooklyn.
Be a roommate with 5 other people ($500 a month) and get a job and start living.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I think youve got 10-15 years before it hits. KIds, jobs, school, boyfriends, girlfriends...around 45 and approaching 50. You got a lot of time yet.

Shoulda coulda woulda as you approach 50...certainly not 30. Start carreer change, working out more, color the grey, taking up tennis, trying the dating game in hopes of getting married if you havent...you question...and wish you know then what you do now...and did soemthing about it when you couldve.

All this is mid-life crisis...I shouldve, couldve or wouldve...if I only started when I was say...30 years old??

edit on 12-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Whatever you do, do not join the military. This is the wrong century for that.
Pack a backpack of your necessities and move to Brooklyn.
Be a roommate with 5 other people ($500 a month) and get a job and start living.

I was going to say the exact same thing!

You should move to NYC!

Don't join the military where you might have to shoot men, women, and children in the face all day.

You're a single man in his prime, NYC is perfect for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

OH MY GOSH ARE YOU NUTS??? SERIOUSLY ARE YOU NUTS????

Your solution is to join the millitary? You can't be serious. Please don't do it. Save yourself a ton of time and agrivation. If you think what's you've gone through is bad now then join the amry and see what it's like there. You're enslaving yourself. You're choosing to be the lowliest slave. One that could be mamed bad or killed. Even if not they'll brainwash you and you won't be able to have any critial thinking anymore.

Why not do this, school is a complete waste. If you've gone that's good enough. YOu don't need the degree. All you need is to be able to say I attended X school which is what you place on your resume. YOu don't have to say I got X diploma. Just leave that out. Or lie and say you did.

Trust me in the real world NO ONE CARES IF YOU GOT THAT DEGREE OR NOT. No employer cares at all. One option you have is to travel the country in a van. Another, backpack ground Europe, Asia, or Australia. Another is to be a crew mate on a sailboat. Another is couch surfing. All of those would allow you to see the world for cheap.

Listen, you've already been brainwashed into believing this "degree" is gonna matter in the real world. It won't. I wipe my azz with degree's. They're a total and complete joke. They're the biggest scam ever created. Because in the real world no employer cares! What's good though is that you got the college experience. So that's a positive. And now on your resume you could say "I attended X school bla bla bla". So that's good enough. Trust me at the interview or after 99% of employers will NEVER ASK FOR YOUR DEGREE!!!!

I'd drop out and leave it. Cut your losses. Look for a way to make money online. Meanwhile go do some traveling while you still can. Before you get locked down into a situation where you can't leave like a marriage or having a child, or getting a good paying job. They're all traps that will lock you into where you are now. You'll never be able to leave at that point.

so drop everything and just go!!! If you don't like it you can always come back to your town or city. But whatever you do please do not join the millitary. That would be just deciding that you're gonna throw your life away. What a waste that would be. Plus if you get your legs blown off don't say I didn't warn you okay.

Another angle might be to do what you' studied in college but do it as a freelancer. Then you absolutely do not need the degree. You just have to have a basic understanding of the profession or career. Then you can do the work for clients yourself, do it online, and work from anywhere in the world. That way you can travel, make money, and start to live life!

he is not lying. He's telling the truth. You're NOTHING!!!!

edit on 13-7-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I would say to start with dont think about the government too much as the people in government will change .By the time you are 50, todays government will not matter.Most people serving in government are only there for themselves and not to help the people they serve.Make a rough plan of how you want you life to be and stick to the basics of that plan.Keep things simple so not to fill your head up with all the sh1t that goes on in the world.Use your free time wisely and learn to relax so you can clear you mind now and then. Find a new hobby that you can stick with and you could do anywhere you live.What ever job you do try to have a point in the day where you switch off from that work.If you join any military force ,do a job that you could do when you finish the service time you signed up for and go back to be a civilian , maybe a medic or something .Find some -one who will be good for you as if you would marry that person and have quality time together,we are only here once so make the most of your time on this earth while you can! What-ever you do good luck and keep your head up all the time ,be proud of yourself in all that you do and be a good person,one day you will be thanked for it.Take care friend.
edit on 13-7-2016 by morgankesh62 because: missing word

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: morgankesh62

Thanks,

I'm considering something along the lines of logistics. I can see the appeal of being infantry, but probably not as useful in the private sector.

I'll keep it simple, with general goals in mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join