It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don't Want Cops To Shoot You, Don't Resist Arrest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: FlyingFox

This is a good example of society's debate skills trending heavily towards nothing more than a picture book.

A picture can tell a thousand words.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
What happened to the 50's when cops were polite in the us?

Are they being trained to be dicks, i think it's a possibility yes... duh

where's that post on ATS where Cops were trained to target Women Children and Pregnant women?

Why would they do that?

Why isn't anyone addressing this?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

where's that post on ATS where Cops were trained to target Women Children and Pregnant women?

I think you are referring to the "No Hesitation" program where they order targets of pregnant women and elderly, etc..

"...targets were chosen in order to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training... there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition."

Law Enforcement Requested Targets of Women and Elderly

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: awareness10

I think you are referring to the "No Hesitation" program where they order targets of pregnant women and elderly, etc..

"...targets were chosen in order to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training... there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition."

Law Enforcement Requested Targets of Women and Elderly

Yes and it's still wrong in my eyes. Something in this world is very very off. And it begins with those running our planet.

If these billionaires really wanted us to all get along and be healthy and free, they'd have done it. They haven't done sh't for anyone apart from making us all dependent on them.

Their day will come, that is most certain.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Submit to your masters, whenever they demand it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Yes that's what the sheep say, so i hear.

Good thing not all of us are 'sheep'.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: SaturnFX

Wow...be happy as chief peasant...that's all you are.
living peasant than a dead rebel...or a armchair hero as you are (given you aren't dead yet due to your super awesome anti-the man stance).

which are you then? soon to be dead or just full of gas? you aren't dead...so gonna go with keyboard warrior.

problem is, there may be some mentally ill kid reading your nonsense and will end up attacking a cop just trying to do his job, because your ideas on how to commit suicide by cop veiled as some heroic stance will be taken seriously.

no..fighting a cop is moronic and anyone suggesting to resist and fight police instead of getting arrested needs to...have a visit.

keep smashing them keys though..thats soo brave.

Ah, another member of ATS who invents ridiculous added value to my posted words.
Nowhere have I suggested or encouraged resisting US cops, for rather obvious reasons.
Keyboard warrior??? Really? You are just making silly things up, go on, directly quote the words I posted which even remotely comes close to earning me such a childish little label from you. You can't, because again you just made it up like a child would.

All my comments have been how non-scary UK cops are, even when they arrest us, and how glad I am that ours aren't like the roid rage thugs you seem to have a problem with in the states.
Yeah, I'm well pleased that we don't have that here, and if people are scared to argue or disagree with their cops then they really are just peasants under the control of scary authority.

...and when US members say we are subjects who are controlled in the UK I laugh, sometimes out loud...at least we are not scared of our police, being arrested in the UK is one of the least scary situations to be in.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

How dare you use a common sense answer to a solve a common sense issue.

so if an unarmed black ran was running away from a policeman, that policeman has the right to shoot him dead....got it....I didn't know that was "common sense", I thought that was murder.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I agree here. If a cop is gonna arrest you, just let it happen, perhaps have a friend (if one is nearby) take a few steps back and take a quick vid, and make a call. it will sort itself out and either you will have your day in court, set free, or consider it a learning experience to stop doing illegal crap...

either way, once a cop decides to arrest you, the only options is jail or dead, nothing will change that, so choose the temporary option. Be respectful even after the cuffs are on..dont need the cop suddenly stopping for a "cat" in the road and your face planting in the window.

what??...the only option is jail or dead....so if a white guy is caught by a cop smoking a joint, and the cop says you're under arrest, and the white guy starts running away....the cop has the right to shoot him dead??......what's wrong with you?
edit on 13-7-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: FlyingFox

This is a good example of society's debate skills trending heavily towards nothing more than a picture book.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

It got your attention.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Nowhere have I suggested or encouraged resisting US cops, for rather obvious reasons.

You are against the premise of this thread, a thread that is suggesting dont resist arrest here in the us.
you called me a, what was it, chief peasant for agreeing that its a bad idea to resist.

whatever mateyboy.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

I agree here. If a cop is gonna arrest you, just let it happen, perhaps have a friend (if one is nearby) take a few steps back and take a quick vid, and make a call. it will sort itself out and either you will have your day in court, set free, or consider it a learning experience to stop doing illegal crap...

either way, once a cop decides to arrest you, the only options is jail or dead, nothing will change that, so choose the temporary option. Be respectful even after the cuffs are on..dont need the cop suddenly stopping for a "cat" in the road and your face planting in the window.

what??...the only option is jail or dead....so if a white guy is caught by a cop smoking a joint, and the cop says you're under arrest, and the white guy starts running away....the cop has the right to shoot him dead??......what's wrong with you?

right? no. but does it happen? yes.
feel free to risk your life doing stupid crap though.
Run from the cop, you will either: get away, get caught with major crimes added to your joint, get a beatdown, and potentially get killed.

or..just chill, get an attorney, and deal with consequences.

whats wrong with me is a full understanding of the world I live in, and a desire not to exit said world too quickly by moronic actions.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

his "major" crime?.....child-support payments that he couldn't make....good thing the cop blew that hardened criminal away, he might have missed some more child-support payments if he lived.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You are against the premise of this thread, a thread that is suggesting don't resist arrest here in the us.
you called me a, what was it, chief peasant for agreeing that its a bad idea to resist.

Oh, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, I considered you chief peasant because you seem accepting of the fear of your master's potential actions if you ever disagree, while of course living a decent life compared to other peasants.

I say again, police in the UK just aren't scary, cruel nasty cops are rare, we can disagree with them and argue generally, I don't actually know anyone who is scared of police, I'd probably laugh if someone told me they were.
That is why you hold the peasant status...you fear your masters.

I'm glad I don't, and I hold no happiness that you do.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

his "major" crime?.....child-support payments that he couldn't make....good thing the cop blew that hardened criminal away, he might have missed some more child-support payments if he lived.

I am not weighing in on the crime in question. I am showing cops will most certainly shoot you in the back if you run.

dont run

deal with it in court. you run, you might be dealing with the cop that is a bit nuts and will shoot you.
do a search "cop shoots man in back"..watch all the wonderful results...many run, many cops shoot.

do I think its fair? irrelevant. I think its possibly preventable, thats all.

test it out. run from a cop next time they stop you..or take a swing at one. make a little graph on "good idea/bad idea" and check the box once it happens that most fits the experience. Publish your results (have someone publish it for you)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

That is why you hold the peasant status...you fear your masters.

I'm glad I don't, and I hold no happiness that you do.

I dont have masters, but I acknowledge when people are holding guns.

If you dont, you are a fool. the cop is doing a job. the "master" is the law, and if the law is on my side, it typically gets sorted out.
your irresponsible condesending small minded insults about "fear the masters"...whats the alternative? attack cops? break laws?

you disarmed yourself and the cops. you live on a island at the edge off the edge of a continent. dont even pretend the situation in the uk is relatable to the us.
aww gee, the uk is soo wonderful, nobody gets sunburns..dont know why you desert folks get sunburns, its fine..clouds everywhere.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I’ve tried many times to talk reason like the OP here.

I always tell the story about the old days when I would leave my house and in 5 minutes I would be rousted by the police.

This happened EVERY day for a long time and not once was I stupid enough to resist the rousting

JUST GO ALONG AND GET IT OVER WITH AND SAVE YOUR GODDAM LIFE.

What is with these people today? They think their tough

Even real gangsters and hoodlums NEVER resist the police when rousted.

They just stay cool and get it over with!

When have you read about a real gangster or hood getting shot by police in a rousting?

NEVER

edit on 13-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yeah, I enjoy a society where nobody is afraid of cops or being arrested.
If we are friendly they are friendly, then cuffs are put on arms front, and lightly so they don't hurt your wrists.
The roid-rage style cops in your world is rare here, so yep, it is nicer to live in a place where the majority of people don't fear the police.

When was the last police brutality thread you saw on ATS relating to the UK?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
When have you read about a real gangster or hood getting shot by police in a rousting?

NEVER

I think most of the "dont bow down" types haven't seen much. very sheltered and privileged lives. brits and country bumpkins that probably can count how many times they have been dealing with cops their entire life..no real understanding of how things are.

I have heard, seen, and experienced enough to understand clearly to not mess with the man with the badge and gun. let him do what he does, be respectful, if you are being cuffed, ask politely why, then just ask to talk to a lawyer or make a call. Thats it. There may be some exceptions here (super corrupt cops that literally want to kill you..not just doing their job or being a jerk, but actual murderers using the badge to shield themselves)..but those are so infrequent that they make international headlines for years when found out.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yeah, I enjoy a society where nobody is afraid of cops or being arrested.
If we are friendly they are friendly, then cuffs are put on arms front, and lightly so they don't hurt your wrists.
The roid-rage style cops in your world is rare here, so yep, it is nicer to live in a place where the majority of people don't fear the police.

When was the last police brutality thread you saw on ATS relating to the UK?

Ahh. I see the error.
This thread is discussing the US police force. you must have accidentally wandered in and discussed how sweet your country is.
Good for you. I guess it must be nice not to have a 3rd world foreign country in a huge drug cartel war literally attached to mass areas of your land with no real border control. Congrats or something. go start a thread on how nice the uk is (except for all the robberys of course)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join