It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don't Want Cops To Shoot You, Don't Resist Arrest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Great article from John Gibbs of the Federalist. I often feel the same when I hear about violence and shootings. I've never had a bad run in with an officer, because I was taught to be cool and agreeable.

"Can you believe we’ve gone from honorable causes like fighting for the right of black people to attend college to defending black criminals who foolishly mouth off against, run away from, and fight with the police; police who are putting their lives on the line to protect us from criminals?"

"The fact is, the police are not shooting black men like me. Why? Because I am not a criminal, and when the police stop me, I politely do what they say, and they leave me alone. I do not run away, fight back, or mouth off. It’s really pretty simple."

"...despite the prevailing atmosphere of hysteria, I’m not afraid of being killed by the police. Quite the contrary: sadly, the data shows I’m much more likely to be victimized by a fellow black man than by a white police officer."

If You Don't Want Cops To Shoot You, Don't Resist Arrest

-

edit on 12-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

How dare you use a common sense answer to a solve a common sense issue.

edit on 12-7-2016 by Picklesneeze because: public schooling

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I agree here. If a cop is gonna arrest you, just let it happen, perhaps have a friend (if one is nearby) take a few steps back and take a quick vid, and make a call. it will sort itself out and either you will have your day in court, set free, or consider it a learning experience to stop doing illegal crap...

either way, once a cop decides to arrest you, the only options is jail or dead, nothing will change that, so choose the temporary option. Be respectful even after the cuffs are on..dont need the cop suddenly stopping for a "cat" in the road and your face planting in the window.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Great point, reminds me of that video of the young homeless man that got beat to death on the side of the road. If only he would have not been sitting on the side of the road, or talking, or just existing in the first place he would have not put himself in such a situation to be beaten to death.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Have you never seen instances of excessive force used by the police?

How about those instances when the police officer is in "bloodlust mode" and just wants to use violent force regardless of whether or not the individual is complying with their orders? As they said in Spiderman.. "With great power, comes great responsibility"

Well they aren't always responsible with the power they wield.

I agree, if you are respectful, honest and cooperative, you should have nothing to worry about.

But the frequency of wrongful death cases for Police Departments is concerning to say the least.
edit on 12-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Like good, compliant subjects.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I can't wait for the criminal apologists to come out and-using a lot of nonsensical emotional excuses-to basically say that blacks are incapable of acting rationally.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Picklesneeze

Seems they beat you to the punch.
edit on 12-7-2016 by RobotBomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

a reply to: FamCore

We know there are exceptions to every rule boys... make sure to read the article and know which cases he's referencing before you dig to find some oddball situation to support the case for sympathizing with recidivists.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RobotBomb

Lol-looks like you are right.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: MisterSpock

a reply to: FamCore

We know there are exceptions to every rule boys... make sure to read the article and know which cases he's referencing before you dig to find some oddball situation to support the case for sympathizing with recidivists.

Didn't read the article, didn't have to. I'm sure in THIS instance the person probably warranted some level of force.

I'm just tired of the same old catch phrase crap being drug out and paraded around everytime we get some police shootings. There are some, that legitimately believe that ALL of these situations are brought on by the suspects and their lack of "cooperation".

It's important, in order to grasp the true issue at hand, to realize that out of nowhere, with no provocation, that you or a family member could be the victim of these situations.
edit on 12-7-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Yet amid all the hype, let us not lose sight of reality: No matter how much the media attempts to stir up racial strife, the fact is about 70 black people are killed by other black folks for every one killed by a white police officer. White police killings of black people are simply a non-issue compared to what black people do to each other, unfortunately.

So no, despite the prevailing atmosphere of hysteria, I’m not afraid of being killed by the police. Quite the contrary: sadly, the data shows I’m much more likely to be victimized by a fellow black man than by a white police officer. So may the police remain sharp, aggressive, and strike fear into criminals so the good people don’t become victims.

All the people in the BLM movement and the like, are about deflecting blame and justifying non-responsibility. They are the special snowflakes who can do no wrong, and are constantly victimized by society. At least in their own minds. Their defenders and apologists are the same.

Overgrown children. Emotional infants in adult bodies.

The guy is right; white cops killing black males is nothing compared to black males killing black males. Why the deflection? Is the visage when looking into the mirror that hideous?

It comes down to personal responsibility. No one is excused from that, no matter what the BLM morons or their idiotic liberal sympathizers claim.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You can't say that to kidlings, every time they'd see a policeman they 'd fun like feck in fear, then they'll get shot!

edit on 12-7-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well sure. This is pretty much what everyone should do. However, not everyone starts out on even footing.

The Science of Why Cops Shoot Young Black Men

Making a simple statement like this and wiping your hands and walking isn't going to address the realities, and the systemic problems that do exist.

Gun Activist Says He Warned PD Involved In Philando Castile Shooting About Shady Traffic Stops

A Black Police Chief on the Dallas Attacks

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Last I checked, police were breaking into peoples homes in the middle of the night and throwing grenades in cribs.

I don't know about you, but I don't sleep with my hands up

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I agree here. If a cop is gonna arrest you, just let it happen, perhaps have a friend (if one is nearby) take a few steps back and take a quick vid, and make a call. it will sort itself out and either you will have your day in court, set free, or consider it a learning experience to stop doing illegal crap...

either way, once a cop decides to arrest you, the only options is jail or dead, nothing will change that, so choose the temporary option. Be respectful even after the cuffs are on..dont need the cop suddenly stopping for a "cat" in the road and your face planting in the window.

So, just accept that then because that is how it is now days? Be arrested or die? Not draconian at all. How about mental illness or drug use(for example), that overtakes someone decision to resist arrest?

Especially don't call the police is someone is suicidal in your home if they are uncooperative because death by cop is certain.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Why cant US police be trained in descalation like UK police?

Only reason you should use lethal force is if the suspect is at risk of useing lethal force.
edit on 12-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I assume this is advice for US members?

I've always been calm arrested by UK police and the only weapon they had was a baton. They in turn accept the calmness and have always cuffed me with arms in front. Nobody is scared of police in my region.

Sounds #ing horrible in the US.

*Edit*
Be a mouthy aggressive prick to cops in the UK and the worst you can expect is a damn good tazering, or a baton to the legs to put you down and a few cops hold you down...no worries, still alive.

edit on 12.7.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Why cant US police be trained in descalation like UK police?

Only reason you should use lethal force is if the suspect is at risk of useing lethal force.

As of late it doesn't seem like they received any training, we should start with the basics first.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Sounds #ing horrible in the US.

It is that's why everyone is trying to come here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join