It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders to endorse Clinton in N.H.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Democrat Candidate Bernie Sanders is (has as of 11:30am EST) officially endorsing Hillary Clinton for President.

Bernie is in New Hampshire at a Clinton Rally and he has in fact endorsed her.

He says Hillary is the best Candidate.

So now we have Bernie supporting the proven lies too ?

Slap in the face for Bernie supporters.

Watching him talk now sounds like he's not what he was a few months ago.

Watch live: Sanders to endorse Clinton in N.H.

Hillary Clinton's campaign is making it official: Former Democratic rival Bernie Sanders will join her at a New Hampshire event on Tuesday where he plans to endorse her. USA TODAY will have live video of the 11:00 a.m. ET event, which you can watch below.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
SELL OUT!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Seen this coming a mile away. Never trusted Bernie.

All that is left is for bernie supporters to support trump or a 3rd party, In both cases makes trump win.
edit on 12-7-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This makes me sad.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What a shame but I get why he did it...it's all about party allegiances...Hillary eviscerated Obama at times when she was running against him but then had to changer her tune to support him.

It's just a shame that we are played like chess pieces...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
SELL OUT!

And even that is an understatement.

Voters are gonna be angry.

Real angry.

He's setting up a new platform for Hillary.

But she will not do anything if elected.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Welcome to 'The Establishment', Bernie!
You've served Crooked Hillary well. You're dismissed now.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

What a shame but I get why he did it...it's all about party allegiances...Hillary eviscerated Obama at times when she was running against him but then had to changer her tune to support him.

It's just a shame that we are played like chess pieces...

This more resembles checkers.

Chess is too complicated.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrat Candidate Bernie Sanders is (has as of 11:30am EST) officially endorsing Hillary Clinton for President.

Bernie is in New Hampshire at a Clinton Rally and he has in fact endorsed her.

He says Hillary is the best Candidate.

So now we have Bernie supporting the proven lies too ?

Watching him talk now sounds like he's not what he was a few months ago.

Watch live: Sanders to endorse Clinton in N.H.

Hillary Clinton's campaign is making it official: Former Democratic rival Bernie Sanders will join her at a New Hampshire event on Tuesday where he plans to endorse her. USA TODAY will have live video of the 11:00 a.m. ET event, which you can watch below.

Bernie is a Democrat, Hillary is the Democratic candidate. Why wouldn't he support her...?

edit on 12-7-2016 by lostbook because: word edit

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

SELL OUT!

Posted this in the other thread:

To people calling Bernie a sellout, you don't know what you are talking about. Bernie has successfully gotten many of his platform ideas implemented into Hillary's campaign. It's smart for him to endorse her now.

Bernie Sanders’s Philosophical Victory

But Sanders, despite his reputation as a left-wing purist (at least by American standards), is also a canny politician, and he never said that his recommendation would come cheap. To the fury of many Clinton supporters, he has been holding off on offering his endorsement for more than a month now, since the primary season effectively ended, on June 7th. These delaying tactics appear to have worked.

In order to win over Sanders and his supporters, the Clinton campaign has made policy concessions in a number of areas, including education, the minimum wage, and the death penalty. It would be going too far to say that the runner-up in the primaries is dictating policy; on trade, fracking, and some other issues, the Clinton campaign appears to have stood firm and rejected demands by Sanders and his supporters. But the deal that Sanders and Clinton have struck will shift the Democratic Party further away from the centrist, New Democrat philosophy that Bill Clinton campaigned on in 1992, and closer to the social democratic, or “New Deal liberal,” approach that Sanders has long promoted.

The most visible sign of this shift came last week, when Clinton said that she would make tuition free at state colleges and universities for any student whose family isn’t in the top fifteen per cent of the income distribution. Although some details of the Clinton proposal differed from the vision that Sanders laid out during the Democratic primaries, the thrust was the same. In the words of the headline that ran above a critical editorial in Monday’s Wall Street Journal, “Free College, Dude!”

Bernie knows EXACTLY what he is doing here and it is still consistent with his message and values. Though I wouldn't expect anyone from the right to understand that.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I saw it on my Twitter feed a few minutes ago. I'm not feeling well. Bernie said Hillary must become President.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Not at all. This is EXACTLY what he said he would do if he didn't get the nomination, so it's neither a surprise nor a slap anywhere to hear that he kept his word, once again, therefore is VERY trustworthy. Besides, as Krazy said, Bernie is responsible for getting a lot of his ideas into the DNC platform!

Voters are gonna be angry.

Real angry.

That's wishful thinking on your part! LOL! He's doing the same as I am... If Bernie can't win, then the next priority is to make sure that Trump doesn't!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
That's wishful thinking on your part! LOL! He's doing the same as I am... If Bernie can't win, then the next priority is to make sure that Trump doesn't!

QFT!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Watching it on CNN. Bernie makes Hillary better-stronger. Hillary would be foolish not to make him her VP. I honestly don't think she can do it without him.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Bernie knows EXACTLY what he is doing here and it is still consistent with his message and values. Though I wouldn't expect anyone from the right to understand that.

This independent doesn't understand it either. And I am certain a few Bernie supporters don't either.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So many people playing devils advocate right now.

Sanders platform was based on a movement against big banks, big money and political corruption. Now he endorses the very candidate that is the embodiment of big banks, big money and political corruption.

One step forward two steps back. So much for the "revolution".

edit on 12-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The wolf finally sheds its sheep skin and reveals himself.

I'm sure well see tons of "He's going to get his policies implemented through Hillary" and other backpedaling/spinning of this story, but for me, this is further proof that Bernie's interests never truly were with the middle/lower class. He is and always has been concerned with Bernie Sanders and Sanders alone.

The idea that Hillary has any interest in Sanders or his policies outside of the youth he can bring to her vote is delusional. It's sad to see some generally very level-headed people eating this up too. Anything to keep the Bern alive in your hearts I guess.

He's doing what he has to do now to survive after his "big play" for president was squashed illegitimately by the very people he's now going to bow down in front of.

Truly a sad day for Sanders supporters.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
This independent doesn't understand it either. And I am certain a few Bernie supporters don't either.

What don't you understand? From the very first time he was asked, he promised to support whoever won the Democratic nomination if he didn't win... Where's the confusion?

I'm sure there are a few Bernie supporters who don't understand it, but if they've been listening to him ALL ALONG, this shouldn't be a surprise.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I knew he was controlled opposition the whole time.

In most cases you are not allowed on TV if your not part of the corrupt criminal syndicate that runs the world.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

SELL OUT!

Posted this in the other thread:

To people calling Bernie a sellout, you don't know what you are talking about. Bernie has successfully gotten many of his platform ideas implemented into Hillary's campaign. It's smart for him to endorse her now.

Of course Hillary will say that she includes any of Bernie's platform ideas into her campaign, all in a bid to get his voters, who are younger, where she lacks badly in that demographic. We'll see, once she gets elected, how many she tries to implement without putting off her Wall Street backers. She won't want to offend the big boys in lieu of the common, economically disadvantaged everyday voter.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join