It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a difference between calling someone a troll an calling someone a racist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You want to alert bc there is a racist online? Or just bc someone used the word racist?

If you are doing that latter then that would be annoying and pointless.

Just like reporting someone for calling someone else mean.

Racist is not a bad word, however the "n" word and saying you want to Lynch a "N" IS bad...report that behavior please.

(no one really does that on ATS and Im sure the mods would be on top of it if they did, however, that language IS still used today unfortunately)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: LSU0408

Far from ignorant? I beg to differ, but im sure you shine like a bright star to your like-minded friends.

Instead of calling me ignorant (surprised you haven't been popped for that yet since this makes twice you've said it now), how about telling why they're not a racist organization, by today's standards.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Calling someone a racist or bigot is NOT an insult, its pointing out behavior thru posts.

Its just like calling someone mean or judgmental...its a non-derogatory term to describe behavior and personalities.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

BLM activists are NOT racists. It seems you do not understand the meaning of why this movement was formed.

BLM are some of the most over the top proud racists venting all over the internet.

I'm really surprised to see people that actually disagree with that. It speaks volumes.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I don't need to waste my time with someone who is very thick-skulled. Also, ignorant is not a derogatory word, its a way to describe someone who does not know much about a certain subject.

To say you are ignorant on many subjects would be mean tho, that is not what I am saying.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: onequestion

I agree which is more my point.

Calling someone a racist is an insult on someone's character and not an attack on the information provided.

Calling somebody a troll and calling somebody a racist, are not a different thing on ATS.

The T&C would look at those two things as the same, an insult. So it doesn't matter whether you called them a liar, a bigot, a racist a troll, a spy etc.

An insult, is an insult, is an insult.

~Tenth

Not all insults are uncalled for. For example Jesus called Satan a liar:

(John 8:44) You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.

Of course Satan's lies have lead to the death of every single person who has ever lived.

But is it wrong to call out a murderer for what they are?

What if what someone, like Satan, is a Slanderer, who is lying purposefully to harm other people? Is it wrong to call them out like Jesus did?

Actually is it not beneficial?

I agree that name calling is wrong. But if someone is being vicious and manipulative and purposefully lying, it is not wrong to call them out on it.

To leave the posts of the manipulators, while erasing those of the innocent who call them out does not result in anything beneficial.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

So it doesn't matter whether you called them a liar, a bigot, a racist a troll, a spy etc.

Just individuals? What about labeling a group or movement "racist"?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Calling someone a racist or bigot is NOT an insult, its pointing out behavior thru posts.

Its just like calling someone mean or judgmental...its a non-derogatory term to describe behavior and personalities.

insult - a disrespectful or scornfully abusive remark or action.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

lol

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Is it just me are have the "stars" been removed from this page

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Case in point... You can't tell me why they're not a racist organization.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I believe If you post in the white forums there are not stars

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

no, its not that I "can't", its that I don't want to waste my time doing it

link   
a reply to: onequestion

For fun, let's list who we feel are trolls and see how long the thread lasts before mods take it down.

No, don't.

To ATS staff, it is the same. I got sanctioned once for calling a troll a troll.

link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I didn't know this site even allowed trolls. Most don't.

And that ^ could be seen as a light version of trolling.
See how that is "good" and makes one think?
Not all trolling is negative or hateful. It can be used to provide a refreshing alternative perspective by "tricking" the reader into using their brain.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity
Me stupit thanks, BTW is it insulting to call myself stupit

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

No , you can be as self-acclaimed stupit as you want

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So it doesn't matter whether you called them a liar, a bigot, a racist a troll, a spy etc.

Just individuals? What about labeling a group or movement "racist"?

Nice try. That's not a direct insult to another poster. I get the feeling you wouldn't complain if I said the KKK was racist as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

No , you can be as self-acclaimed stupit as you want

Thanks just wanted to be sure

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

im not a mod tho

new topics

top topics