It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a difference between calling someone a troll an calling someone a racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I agree which is more my point.

Calling someone a racist is an insult on someone's character and not an attack on the information provided.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
In Europe at the moment TPTB call anyone who tells the truth a racist, it seems the word racist is been used to distroy the truth, you can disagree with all religions but the second you say something about Islam your are called a racist. The word has lost its meaning and is just been used to bash free speach with.

That is just the NWO and TPTB redefining words to eliminate conjecture.

They like idiots that play along and believe in their agenda.
They do not like those that "troll" around and expose their own hypocrisy.

edit on 12-7-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The short answer is "No". An ad hominem attack is an ad hom attack. Period. Calling names or any sort is not conducive to civil discourse and debate.

However - there is a world of difference between saying "that is ____" and "you are_____". Phrased the first way it is an expression of disagreement with an opinion or statement. Phrased the second way it's a direct attack upon the speaker.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

yes, it is a character judgment based the information gathered thru their posts.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: LSU0408

BLM activists are NOT racists. It seems you do not understand the meaning of why this movement was formed.

I'll have to disagree. Even intrptr said it above...

"Racists troll. They're probably jerks about a lot of things, you would avoid their type in real life. Their cup is full of resentment, easily spilled over as hate.

Angry people always seek to blame someone else for their hatred, victimizing them, in their mind justifiably."

Sounds exactly like BLM to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Well calling someone a shill is exactly the same thing.

An a personal attack aimed at someone not at their content which is why callin people troops and shills is against TnC

I would like to add calling someone a racist or xenophobia or Islamaphobia added to the TnC to prevent this from continuing.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

BLM is protesting police action, not their opinions.

link   

so your opinion is based on a panel that Fox News put together?

Hmmmm...ok, I understand now why you seems so ignorant on the issue.

Negative. I've been seeing this since Summer 2014. I saw exactly what I expected to see on Kelly's panel last night. I'm far from ignorant on the issue.

link   
a reply to: onequestion

sorry, I had to look up shill.

I never use that term, never really heard it used. Its sounds like when people accuse me of being paid to support certain agendas on the internet. Seems pointless to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Far from ignorant? I beg to differ, but im sure you shine like a bright star to your like-minded friends.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I didn't know this site even allowed trolls. Most don't.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Troll is a relative word, what one would call a troll, another poster might gather some important insight.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I will most definitely be alerting posts from now on where someone calls someone else a racist.
edit on 7/12/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

link   

Troll is a relative word, what one would call a troll, another poster might gather some important insight.

link   
a reply to: DJW001

Nope, they should be challenged.

Ha Ha!
They ARE challenged. (mentally)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

BLM activists are NOT racists. It seems you do not understand the meaning of why this movement was formed.

BLM are some of the most over the top proud racists venting all over the internet.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I agree which is more my point.

Calling someone a racist is an insult on someone's character and not an attack on the information provided.

Calling somebody a troll and calling somebody a racist, are not a different thing on ATS.

The T&C would look at those two things as the same, an insult. So it doesn't matter whether you called them a liar, a bigot, a racist a troll, a spy etc.

An insult, is an insult, is an insult.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
WTF people ( for give my French) The OP ask a very good and intresting question, some thing that could be talked about with showing respect, but no, some people just had to turn it into a cesspool.

link   
Got it thanks for the clarification

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

BLM is protesting police action, not their opinions.

When whites are killed by cops, I never see BLM protesting afterwards. So it can't be police action. I don't see BLM protesting in the inner city neighborhoods where blacks are taking black lives. So it can't be all black lives they're protesting either...

Black Lives Depend is a much better fit for this group because they ONLY protest after a black is roughed up or hurt by a white cop.

BLM is definitely protesting their opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join