It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will "those guys" forgive Micah like "BLM" forgave Dylan Roof?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

You're seeing things. He made his move during a BLM rally. Nobody has claimed that BLM was behind this.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: theySeeme

originally posted by: butcherguy

When did they do that?

Good question.
I see references to people forgiving Dylan Roof... but not the BLM organization.

Not sure if you realize that BLM is not a person? Are you asking for forgiveness on behalf of an organization/company that isn't human? The only thing you can get are persons that support the core principles of the movement.

Is 'BLM' in your title?

Do you have documentation that any of the people that offered forgiveness are BLM members?

Which is why I put BLM in quotes. I've seen several posts, even from you yourself categorizing a black person as "BLM". In fact, many of you phrased terms like "BLM kills dallas police", when the real truth is that the shooter actually did not support BLM or identify as a supporter.

Here in the church, all 9 victims were proud and open supporters of the movement, and so it's fair to say that BLM forgave the Dylann Roof, as that mercy spread throughout the entire organization. You did not see people calling for the murder of white people in churches after that incident, did you?

Let us not let bias and prejudice (that is so nasty it's in our courts and police departments) cloud the point of this topic.

What?!? The media was/is reporting this as a response to the Two recent shootings in MN and LA. Those kind of incidents are the crux of the BLM movement.

So now you are saying that BLM is responsible for what happened in Dallas?

but using the same biased logic

BLM is not responsible for the forgiveness of Dylan Roof?

edit on 12-7-2016 by theySeeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Doesn't your title say "...like BLM forgave Dylan Roof...?"

If you are going to quote me, be sure to use the quotes I used around BLM as well, as "BLM".

Doesn't your title say "...like "BLM" forgave Dylan Roof...?"

Perhaps now you'll answer me.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

You're seeing things. He made his move during a BLM rally. Nobody has claimed that BLM was behind this.

I'm seeing things? things like what, this?

i.imgur.com...

Gee, seems some of your posts were removed in that image for trolling and race baiting as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

When did they do that?

Good question.
I see references to people forgiving Dylan Roof... but not the BLM organization.

Not sure if you realize that BLM is not a person? Are you asking for forgiveness on behalf of an organization/company that isn't human? The only thing you can get are persons that support the core principles of the movement.

Is 'BLM' in your title?

Do you have documentation that any of the people that offered forgiveness are BLM members?

Which is why I put BLM in quotes. I've seen several posts, even from you yourself categorizing a black person as "BLM". In fact, many of you phrased terms like "BLM kills dallas police", when the real truth is that the shooter actually did not support BLM or identify as a supporter.

Here in the church, all 9 victims were proud and open supporters of the movement, and so it's fair to say that BLM forgave the Dylann Roof, as that mercy spread throughout the entire organization. You did not see people calling for the murder of white people in churches after that incident, did you?

Let us not let bias and prejudice (that is so nasty it's in our courts and police departments) cloud the point of this topic.

What?!? The media was/is reporting this as a response to the Two recent shootings in MN and LA. Those kind of incidents are the crux of the BLM movement.

I didn't say that. I said the MEDIA is reporting the spark that triggered his attack was those two shootings. Police shootings of Black Men is the main reason BLM exists, are you disputing that too? He was definitely influenced by those shootings and in general by the BLM movement. Are you denying that?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

When did they do that?

Good question.

Is 'BLM' in your title?

I didn't say that. I said the MEDIA is reporting the spark that triggered his attack was those two shootings. Police shootings of Black Men is the main reason BLM exists, are you disputing that too? He was definitely influenced by those shootings and in general by the BLM movement. Are you denying that?

He was influenced by the shootings, not by BLM. He wanted nothing to do with BLM and was never known to attend any BLM protest prior to this one. And even if he was influenced by BLM, is BLM guilty of anything? I don't get your point

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I've seen several posts, even from you yourself categorizing a black person as "BLM".

I am part black myself. Are you blaming me specifically for referring to black people as 'BLM' ?

In fact, many of you phrased terms like "BLM kills dallas police", when the real truth is that the shooter actually did not support BLM or identify as a supporter.

I wouldn't mind knowing who the 'you' that I highlighted refers to.

Here in the church, all 9 victims were proud and open supporters of the movement, and so it's fair to say that BLM forgave the Dylann Roof

No.
When the BLM organization releases a memo stating that they forgive Dylann Roof for his actions, then it will be fair to say that.

You did not see people calling for the murder of white people in churches after that incident, did you?

I have seen certain New Black panthers calling for the killing of whites (even white babies) in general afterwards.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I've seen several posts, even from you yourself categorizing a black person as "BLM".

I am part black myself. Are you blaming me specifically for referring to black people as 'BLM' ?

I don't recall saying anything about your race, just the posts.

In fact, many of you phrased terms like "BLM kills dallas police", when the real truth is that the shooter actually did not support BLM or identify as a supporter.

I wouldn't mind knowing who the 'you' that I highlighted refers to.

Gee, let me guess, I must mean "white people" when I say you people, right? Wrong, I'm refering to a specific group on ATS that uses this logic.

Here in the church, all 9 victims were proud and open supporters of the movement, and so it's fair to say that BLM forgave the Dylann Roof

No.
When the BLM organization releases a memo stating that they forgive Dylann Roof for his actions, then it will be fair to say that.
And when the BLM organization releases a memo stating it's ok to loot, riot, and kill police officers, it will be fair to say BLM supports that.

You did not see people calling for the murder of white people in churches after that incident, did you?

I have seen certain New Black panthers calling for the killing of whites (even white babies) in general afterwards.
The NBP member that called for the killing of whites and babies was a lone crazy who was ejected from the group, and that video happened BEFORE the church shooting. It wasn't in response to any specific event.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Is that post supposed to show that the member blamed the Dallas shootings on BLM?
Because it doesn't.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

When did they do that?

I knew people would claim it never happened, selective memories and what not.

- www.theatlantic.com...
Hatred and Forgiveness in Charleston
The compassion expressed by relatives of the victims in Charleston offers a stark contrast with Dylann Roof’s hateful manifesto, discovered on Saturday.

- www.washingtonpost.com... 0de81c94
Post Nation
‘I forgive you.’ Relatives of Charleston church shooting victims address Dylann Roof

- theweek.com...
"The problem with forgiving Dylann Roof"

-

I guess what you are really seeing is the difference between Christians who are trying to live their lives according to the bible and ordinary people who are just hurting.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It was actually the families of the murdered who forgave Roof. I don't recall BLM being involved nor was it mentioned that any of the families of the church were a part of BLM.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: maybee
It was actually the families of the murdered who forgave Roof. I don't recall BLM being involved nor was it mentioned that any of the families of the church were a part of BLM.

Totally agree, and so using this logic it's fair to say that

BLM is not responsible for Dallas police killings, for Ferguson riots or any other thing that the organization officials do not specifically endorse.

People need to get this. While one group was busy forgiving a domestic terrorist shooting up a church, another group was busy condemning an ENTIRE movement that had nothing to do with it, along with the shooter.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

We don't have nearly enough info to assume things like "he wanted nothing to do with BLM" ect. BLM did not sponsor nor Orchestrated the attack. That being said, the rhetoric of "some" BLM supporters seems to encourage that kind of behavior in words and images and the Official BLM groups have not gone out of their way to to condemn violence directed toward the police. BLM as a whole would help themselves by condemning those kind of incendiary things. Chanting "Pigs in a blanket, fry them up" and similar things doesn't help their cause. Saying it was just a few people doing the chant is not being truthful. When BLM Leaders call out their supporters at a Rally for that kind of statement, not afterwards, it would go a long way towards getting their point across. By blocking their ears to those chants, they increased the chance that someone would eventually attack the police like in Dallas.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

We don't have nearly enough info to assume things like "he wanted nothing to do with BLM" ect. BLM did not sponsor nor Orchestrated the attack. That being said, the rhetoric of "some" BLM supporters seems to encourage that kind of behavior in words and images and the Official BLM groups have not gone out of their way to to condemn violence directed toward the police. BLM as a whole would help themselves by condemning those kind of incendiary things. Chanting "Pigs in a blanket, fry them up" and similar things doesn't help their cause. Saying it was just a few people doing the chant is not being truthful. When BLM Leaders call out their supporters at a Rally for that kind of statement, not afterwards, it would go a long way towards getting their point across. By blocking their ears to those chants, they increased the chance that someone would eventually attack the police like in Dallas.

We have plenty of evidence. The police that killed him stated his last words were that he wanted to kill white people and officers, that he does not support BLM and he was angry with BLM. You aren't saying the police is lying, are you? If they are perhaps we shouldn't feel so bad when they die. For inciting and what not.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20979010]theySeeme

We have plenty of evidence. The police that killed him stated his last words were that he wanted to kill white people and officers, that he does not support BLM and he was angry with BLM. You aren't saying the police is lying, are you? If they are perhaps we shouldn't feel so bad when they die. For inciting and what not.

You will have to provide proof of ALL o f those statement you just said. I have been following this and I have not seen anything about him not supporting BLM.

During the standoff, Mr. Johnson, who was black, told police negotiators that “he was upset about Black Lives Matter,” Chief Brown said. “He said he was upset about the recent police shootings. The suspect said he was upset at white people. The suspect stated he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers.”

edit on 12-7-2016 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20979010]theySeeme

You will have to provide proof of ALL o f those statement you just said. I have been following this and I have not seen anything about him not supporting BLM.

During the standoff, Mr. Johnson, who was black, told police negotiators that “he was upset about Black Lives Matter,” Chief Brown said. “He said he was upset about the recent police shootings. The suspect said he was upset at white people. The suspect stated he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers.”

Sure thing, straight out of the mouth of the Dallas police chief, and I quote

Dallas Police Chief David Brown, who said that during the exchange of gunfire with the suspect, he made the following announcement: "The suspect said he was upset about Black Lives Matter," said Brown, who is black. "He said he was upset about the recent police shootings. The suspect said he was upset at white people. The suspect stated that he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers."

You can google and find it on every main stream media source. In other interviews he rephrases as "the suspect stated he was angry with blm"

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I will ask again..... Are you blaming me specifically for referring to black people as 'BLM' ?

Gee, let me guess, I must mean "white people" when I say you people, right? Wrong, I'm refering to a specific group on ATS that uses this logic.

Wrong guess.
You are obviously lumping me into a group of people and I wanted to be clear on what group that you were referring to, thanks for clearing it up.

And when the BLM organization releases a memo stating it's ok to loot, riot, and kill police officers, it will be fair to say BLM supports that.

I didn't make that statement or anything like it.
YOU, however made the statement that claims that the BLM did forgive Dylann Roof, and your claim is baseless.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I will ask again..... Are you blaming me specifically for referring to black people as 'BLM' ?

Wrong guess.
You are obviously lumping me into a group of people and I wanted to be clear on what group that you were referring to, thanks for clearing it up.

I didn't make that statement or anything like it.
YOU, however made the statement that claims that the BLM did forgive Dylann Roof, and your claim is baseless.

I think the problem here is you taking this debate way too personal to be able to grasp the real message within.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

One of us is reading that wrong. I take "upset about BLM" in that context to be concerned about the shootings, not a condemnation of BLM as an organization. As I read it he was supporting black lives matters principles, not condemning the group

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

One of us is reading that wrong. I take "upset about BLM" in that context to be concerned about the shootings, not a condemnation of BLM as an organization. As I read it he was supporting black lives matters principles, not condemning the group

OH boy. Care to tell us which black lives matter principles he was supporting, Pavil?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join