It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If not for the serpent we would all be living happy materialistic lives with God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I understand.

Forgive me. I have been one for sticking to the truth in the Bible and try not to confuse those truths. To many pastors today do that and look what a mess the church (the body of Christ not the organizations) is in.

You will find I use Bible terms and words rather than my own when it comes to speaking of the Bible.

I didn't mean to come across arrogant, hard or disrespectful forgive me if I did.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shahada

There are good serpents and bad serpents in the angelic hierarchy known for their wisdom.

Interesting perceptions

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I'm not mad, and I was not trying to deceive anyone. I just remember Samuel anointed David's head with the oil of a king, I just forgot it was when he was a teenage boy. I welcome correction, you did me no harm.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

There are good serpents and bad serpents in the angelic hierarchy known for their wisdom.

Interesting perceptions

Ophanim is one of them and the word has etymological links with your screen name and Ophite also.

Ophiuchus is Greek right? The 13th zodiacal constellation? I guess hellenism influenced Hebrew and Aramaic naming of angelic classes and I have heard Adonai is the source of Adonis but I am certain it's the other way around.

I don't know if all Ophanim are good or evil but I do know that the source of the name of Ophanim and Seraphim (the 2 serpentine angels) comes from a belief that Serapis was good and Ophis (maybe Ophiuchus), evil depending on who you asked.

Ophites would say the opposite but I believe the serpent of Eden was an Ophanim.
edit on 13-7-2016 by Shahada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Shahada

Ophites would say the opposite but I believe the serpent of Eden was an Ophanim.

The word in Genesis has 2 meanings, "nachash". It means serpent, but also means "shining one". Adam and Eve were used to seeing angels, perhaps that's how the nachash so easily tricked Eve?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am sorry I didn't in the slightest mean to say you were trying to deceive any one.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I typed "Samael" Samuel is another dude entirely...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Never heard of him, sorry.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You never heard of the angel of death Samael?

Wow. He comes to take the soul of Moses and Moses tells him to get lost and then an angel tells Moses to close his eyes and takes his soul.

He is also consort of Lilith and father of Azazel.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The word Ophanim is only used late towards the end of the Bible but Seraphim means fiery serpent and they are good. Supposedly a Catholic priest met one or saw one.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Wow. He comes to take the soul of Moses and Moses tells him to get lost and then an angel tells Moses to close his eyes and takes his soul.

Chapter and verse?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Chapter and verse?

Talmud, Zohar and Azazel is called scapegoat in the KJ but Azazel is in the Bible. Just Google it for real, do you not have Google?

Not everything that exists is in the Bible, sometimes you have to go elsewhere but Samael is a well known angel so you must be one of those "if it's not in the Bible it doesn't matter" people who wonder why people know things they don't.

Because we read. And do research, and don't rely on others to provide us with information that takes 5 seconds to Google.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Sorry, I don't dabble much of any in the Talmud/Kabalah witchcraft stuff.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Isnot death a part of life?
If you canont die than can one live?
God made beings in its image, and the forbidden fruit made them able to die, is it Satan the evil one that is the beginning of sin, the one that made life as we know it possible?
Did Jesus come and forgave not our sin but the sin that God bestowed upon us with his mistake to plant the seed of knowledge of life and death?
Did God made Eve just because Adam listened to God and with that he did not eat the forbidden fruit?

Is Jesus a correction of God in his own mistake?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0
I've settled on Gnostic theories myself. Specifically the "Craftsman" gods that are "lesser gods" that the "real God" has allowed. For me, it helps settle my own issues as an Evangelical Christian and the huge inconsistencies and problems with God being angry, surprised, etc. The true "God" in my mind will be perfect and free from all human flaws, the one in the bible ain't that guy and I don't accept the premise that he is and it's all an elaborate necessity for "salvation" any longer.

I also feel that Buddhists "Wheel of suffering" and reincarnation play a role in that some have to come back and some don't with the goal being to escape this realm and bypass re-entering "The wheel".

Perhaps Jesus and a few others reached a level of understanding and enlightenment that we all hope to achieve some day.

I'm not trying to bash anyone's beliefs, this is just my humble view at the moment. I'm not "lost" or "fooled" anymore than others are in their surety. No matter what we believe, we can't change the truth.

PS: Can't wait to see all you self righteous pricks in heaven!

Did the lesser Gods made a mistake that was corrected by the true Gods , planting the forbidden fruit that the lesser Gods could not do without? So they created Adam and all its confined living space (Eden) with the "tree of life (that they themselves could not live without) and banned Adam from eating it?
Did the greater Gods made Eve and the serpent in that forbidden fruit to correct their mistake?

With that question, did the lesser Gods had to create Jesus to experience their fault and sin by the greater Gods?

Are these fallen angels the lesser gods that made this most stake in the first place? And was the intention of the greater Gods to create Evil or did they confronted them with their owns sins? and there is no Evil or Satan just a correction by the greater Gods to show the lesser Gods that they made a mistake, and had to correct that by living the life of Jezus and its miserable end of its life?

Isn't a falling angel a methafor for going down a few grades to learn and rebuild?
If humans are born with sin, that is corrected by Jesus, a acknowledged part of the mistakes the "fallen ones" made?
Was the woman the one that had to teach the males for the mistakes the Gods made?

Like a virgin, that created life, so the males could live and die, and experience the greater Gods?
Was not Adam that listened to the lesser Gods the lower class human? and the woman the updated better version?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Never heard of him, sorry.

Please don't be, this is like those Football Betting Cards that read "For Amusement Purposes Only".. But if One really wants to delve into the topic at hand, Serpents, then the path will lead here.. Please don't construe this as a solicitation for You to believe something else but here is some info:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

namaste

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimirszadex

It wasn't a mistake, God knew Adam and EVE would sin. That's the unfortunate result of giving man a choice. God had to give man a choice, without a choice we could not choose to love Him of our own will and choosing. And if love isn't freely given, it's not love.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't dabble much of any in the Talmud/Kabalah witchcraft stuff.

What does any of that have to do with witchcraft? That's a very uneducated statement you made.

Zohar and Talmud are commentary on Torah and Tanakh.

Kabbalah is not witchcraft, it is a part of a religion called Judaism which is also what Christianity is.

Believing that you are saved because you believe a specific belief is just as much witchcraft as Kabbalah.

Kabbalists are just way smarter than Christians who think everything is witchcraft because their discouraged from anything enlightening, and don't understand anything.

Including their own religion, the God they pretend to worship and the book they say they understand...but don't.

At all.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You have a very typical attitude of disdain for any religion not your own.

You'll figure it out eventually that the whole Christian religion is a fabrication combining paganism and Monotheism with a Jewish backdrop that is only used when needed, when an uncomfortable passage comes up you run straight to the NT and say that doesn't matter now that we have the NT.

But when it suits them the OT is valid.

Christianity is a very undereducated religion and it's adherants the most despised people in the religious world because you think yourselves superior and deny it.

But you're saved, so you think you are going to heaven and Gods new chosen people.

God never had a chosen people and the God of the Bible is a literary figure who doesn't exist.

He is just meant to scare the foolish.

I get more shocked by the day how many people take this Jewish myth seriously with no valid reason or historical proof of any Biblical Patriarch up to Jesus.

No proof anywhere ever existed for the Bible to be literally believed.

Serpents don't talk, Gods don't act like warlords and people don't ressurect after the third day and become the Son of God 300 years after supposed death so someone has got you under a spell.

Zeus is as legitimate as Jesus.
edit on 14-7-2016 by Shahada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

humm you sure of that?
for what I know Adam had only one choice, and that was , to eat or not to eat.
didn't he need Eve to make that choise for him?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join