It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Police Chief ‘We’re Asking Cops To Do Too Much In This Country’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Anyhow that's my opinion.

Don't care if you either agree or disagree.

not every cop are fit to wear that uniform.
if you disagree than that's fine. but there are sick individuals in uniform.
no point to list twisted things those unfit ones did, but we shouldn't be worried about them, its the ones whom haven't been exposed yet to worry about; the crooked ones patrolling right now.

if you feel you are man or woman enough to take and oath to save human lives, you must be man or woman enough to keep that oath. otherwise trade in the badge and find a receptionist job. away from danger.

all I want from Leo's is to be the better man on the streets. you are part of a prodigious 1%, the good 1%, your standards should be held at a higher regard.

and I know, there are amazing officers out there. actually risking their lives, putting another before theirs... and there's always that meager few who taint the others.

pride in uniform can be an amazing tool. tell that to the police chief.
my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting and in many respects, he's probably right.

A Federal police force? Policing at the local level? I guess in a way, we have that with the FBI, but their Jurisdiction is limited to "Federal Crimes", like kidnapping, money laundering, currency counterfeiting, etc. I'd think there's a constitutional problem with a Federal Police force policing at the local level and enforcing local laws.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Probably an off centre appelation for pay raises for law enforcement.

Let no good tragedy go to waste.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Sorry for the late reply, I'm not a doctor to know specifics but I'm talking people with serious disorders that at one time would of been in an institution. Nowday's they languish on the street's and many end up with drug addiction..it's a huge problem here. Here they shut down a few institution's and kicked them to the curb without the services promised that followed the shutting down. There have been quite a few deaths here in the last few years via the police with people off their meds and no system set up to keep them on track.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Sure, asking too much:
·asking not to shoot our dogs
·asking not to shoot our friends and family
·asking not to request the MRAPS up for grabs
·asking not to kill people because they can
·asking to have wear and share footage in a suspected wrong doing case
·asking to not support fellow corrupt cops but rather alert them to superiors before the whole force becomes corrupt
·asking to support further training dealing with mental illness
·asking to not conduct illegal body searches under suspicion of marijuana(see case in TX)

And no, a federal force is not an answer here.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Sorry for the late reply, I'm not a doctor to know specifics but I'm talking people with serious disorders that at one time would of been in an institution. Nowday's they languish on the street's and many end up with drug addiction..it's a huge problem here

Yeah. Well, that's not a "problem" I trust the government (ANY government) to solve.

Everybody you know probably has some kind of fabricated "mental disorder". The terminology is way too vague and the people at the top are scumbags. What do you think is going to happen if they get that kind of authority? It's not hard to guess. You don't need to be a doctor. Read a damn history book. Look up "Political abuse of psychiatry"
(Verbatim)

edit on 13-7-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
He's 100% right. Idiots will literally call 9-1-1 for ANYTHING in this day and age. Didn't get ketchup for your nuggets? Call 911. Kid at school bit his toast into a shape that might resemble a gun? Call 911. Air conditioning broke? Call 911.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So if anyone was looking at the actual statistics, actual crime has been going down sharply for years. It's getting to the point to where the best place to find crime is on the news or in a city with a liberal mayor.

At any rate, leave it up to the wonderful masters of the world to bring out their big idea to deal with the crime wave that doesn't exist. The thought police. I guess they kinda have a point. If you believe crime is worse than it actually is, you just might be mentally ill.
edit on 14-7-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join