It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Police Chief ‘We’re Asking Cops To Do Too Much In This Country’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I love the negative comments.

I could have sworn most people (especially on ATS) believed that the police shouldn't be the ones handling drug issues, mental illness cases, and things such as civil disputes.

Do any of you disagree?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Over 330 + million people in this country not counting 'undocumented' aliens(pc sucks).

The figure of state and local law enforcement are around 1.1 million personnel.

Number of police officers.

Less than 1 percent of the people who job it is to maintain law and order.

This people is what they mean the THIN BLUE LINE.

Cops Are asked to do too much for so little in return.

Ranks right up there with military servicemen.

Point blank cops don't deserve 99.9% the snip that is flung at them.

No one is saying you have to like them.,

But every single one damn well deserves respect.

Anyhow that's my opinion.

Don't care if you either agree or disagree.
edit on 11-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It's sounds to me like he's saying there's too many laws and too many default positions of let the cops handle it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

pc sucks

So don't use it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Nope.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Oh, are they all going to go home because we take away their chromey go-fast soldier toys?

They are civilians just like every other citizen of America. A badge is not a license to kill nor is it a magical device that allows you to enforce your will upon others.

Perhaps if they all went home, we could replace them with actual Law Enforcement Officers that want to actually protect the community rather than terrorize it or act as though it's their personal fiefdom.

If the job of patrolling the streets is too tough for them and their "safety is at risk", do we really need them more than we need the Neighborhood Watch? Perhaps we would be better off hiring veterans with real world experience and decent records to replace the "walk-offs" rather than 4-year MP's and junior enlisted with CSS MOS's, or gods forbid those that were kicked out before they even completed a full contract.

Why militarize the police if we already have a military? Is that not simply defeating the Posse Comitatus Act? Unity of effort vs. unity of command is the answer I suppose, but why then does the Fed always assume command in every situation?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The problem is that nutbags believe too much of the nutbag conspiracies.

The nut bag conspiracies are main stream, promoted by the media and Academia!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I believe we agree on something, unless I am misinterpreting you. It is the Internet =).

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: introvert

The problem is that nutbags believe too much of the nutbag conspiracies.

The nut bag conspiracies are main stream, promoted by the media and Academia!

No. The nutbag conspiracies are perpetuated by #ty websites and the nutbags themselves.

Our right to arm ourselves is not in jeopardy.

The 2nd amendment nuts need to get a grip, or they potentially jeopardize or right through their own idiocy.
edit on 11-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: Kali74

I believe we agree on something, unless I am misinterpreting you. It is the Internet =).

We agree.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I haven't been here in so long, except for the occasional log in and look but other than that, I haven't contributed or stayed long since the Boston Bombings. I jumped online after work today and decided to check out breaking news to see what's going on. All of a sudden, due to the current events and the pathetic excuse for actual investigative journalism and hard hitting TRUTH in reporting that we have to choose from, I finally got disgusted and logged off of everything and came straight here!
I swear! If I have to weed through one more Johnny Depp/Amber Heard or another Kanye West/Kim Kardashian story... or ANYTHING Kardashian for that matter, I'll scream! I also remembered immediately WHY I found this alternative news source and what I appreciate and respect about it the most. I hope it's still just as good as it was. I'm sick of MSM and upset about the fact that in reality our news outlets should have some accountability for the deaths in Dallas that were caused by the initial incorrect and false reports on recent officer involved shootings, and not only held accountable to RETRACT their initial reports but also for the violence that it incited. I don't think the FACTS were reported by ANY outlets. The 1st headline I read immediately before the attack in Dallas said, Black Man killed by Police officer in Minnesota, during traffic stop for a faulty taillight and was shot inside his car
Knowing ALL the facts now, that one headline alone makes me agitated all over again!
I can only imagine how our LEO feel at this moment, not to mention how Paranoid they must be while trying to do a job that is already incredibly stressful!!
I agree entirely with and have said over & over again, people in these communities who have the time on their hands to protest, should instead ACTIVELY do something to make a change by JOINING THEIR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT!! If there were more citizens who felt their race were being treated unfairly that could actually step up and make a difference in the communities, because they know how to deal with the issues that exist they have LIVED them. So, the chances of the same conflicts and situations arising and being resolved incorrectly over and over again would end, and maybe we could finally see a REAL change in these areas and communities.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think the REAL NUTBAGS are the folks on Social Media and who have free reign to post and say whatever they want and go unchecked? It's only AFTER they have launched a massacre on innocent people in this country that we read or see where they had posted all kinds of "Hints' online that they were unstable?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This forum is not showing any punctuations in the thread titles, when looking at the chronological view. Is it my computer? Some thread titles (like the one for this thread, for instance) look so weird when the punctuations are stripped.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shell69

I think the REAL NUTBAGS are the folks on Social Media and who have free reign to post and say whatever they want and go unchecked?

That's exactly what happens here on ATS.

It's only AFTER they have launched a massacre on innocent people in this country that we read or see where they had posted all kinds of "Hints' online that they were unstable?

Just like ATS...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I guess we should have a bunch of 20 year old soldiers out there protecting us....

Somehow I don't think that would work very well or be entirely ethical, legal or safe.

Actually I just heard a young lady on one of the Fox get togethers declare the police force in the US should be abolished. When asked what we could do to replace - community enforcers
The Liberal mentality in this country
You cant make this horse-sh** up

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
It's sounds to me like he's saying there's too many laws and too many default positions of let the cops handle it.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Maybe we have too many laws and not enough time to enforce them. To many nanny laws especially. A cop facing having to double or triple check a law book while writing a ticket, yeah I have seen it happen, and is ridiculous watching them combing through trying to find the right item...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Less than 1 percent of the people who job it is to maintain law and order.

That's because the majority of the public are law abiding citizens. So, you don't need that many cops.

In fact, there are probably too many cops in some neighborhoods.

Evidence of too many cops emerge when the cops go on a "quota" binge, and start to stop and harass law abiding citizens.

You don't need to set minimum quotas for cops when you have just enough officers to police the neighborhood.

It's only when you have "too many cops" that each cop has to struggle to meet the minimum number of arrests, warnings, and citations.

So, every police department that finds the need to set minimum quotas should be examined and the number of officers reduced.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Well, there you have it. How long did it take them to meander to "Hmmm. I guess we need an American Stasi"? Not very long, in retrospect. It would have sounded absurd before 9/11. Less than 20 years to completely break the back of freedom in the US? Quite the accomplishment.

How long before we see shiny new gulags (They won't be called gulags, of course)? I bet there must be at least a million excuses that could be found for "reeducation" (Again, the terminology will obviously be changed up a bit).

I guess we're nice and softened up for it. Very few real jobs left for someone who isn't an intellectual prodigy. Of course the medical field is always there to exploit the sick and dying. Sounds like imprisoning people and brainwashing them could be big business. And of course, if you disagree, you'll be a suspicious person of some sort (again, invent some creative language that sounds medical).

edit on 12-7-2016 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The police have to deal with a lot of people with mental health issues..I think that is too much as they have little to no training in that regard, and it often end's in tragedy.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
The police have to deal with a lot of people with mental health issues..I think that is too much as they have little to no training in that regard, and it often end's in tragedy.

And I'm wondering if you could be more specific when you say "Mental health issues"? There are many millions of people who are considered to be "mentally ill" who are completely normal but are being treated as such because the definition of such has become so broad that it can be applied to practically anyone. You know. They always said vague language is dangerous. Well, here's a nice blanket term for you. "Mental illness". That ought to encompass at least a hundred million people just in the US. Lots of work to be done! Got to make sure everybody is thinkin' right!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join