It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Police Chief ‘We’re Asking Cops To Do Too Much In This Country’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Dallas police chief David Brown made some interesting comments today.

He says police are being asked to do too much !!!

Maybe so.

He says many failures of society are put off on police to solve.

Brown also "suggested" people protesting the police could become police and help.

[imo]
His comments (in between the lines) seem like an implication that a Federal force might be the real answer.

Hmmm. Maybe somebody helped him make those comments?
[/imo]

Dallas Police Chief ‘We’re Asking Cops To Do Too Much In This Country’

“We are all worried for our safety. We are all on edge and being very careful.” said Dallas Polce Chief David Brown at a Monday press conference following the deadly shooting that took the lives of 5 Dallas Police officers Thursday night.

Saying he was “running on fumes,” Brown spoke frankly about everything that his employees have to deal with on a daily basis – and that it can be overwhelming at times.

“We’re asking cops to do too much in this country” said Brown.

“Every societal failure, we put it off on the cops to solve” said Brown. He listed mental health, drug addiction, loose dogs, failing schools as problems the public expects ‘cops to solve.’

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I guess we should have a bunch of 20 year old soldiers out there protecting us....

Somehow I don't think that would work very well or be entirely ethical, legal or safe.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No...He's talking about better gun control

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I haven't heard a soldier yet get on TV and say "we are worried about our safety". Because it's the job they signed up for.

Cops want to wear soldier uniforms, drive soldier vehicles, carry soldier guns. Maybe they should buck up and start doing soldier $%#&.

When a cop is the only guy in the room with a gun he is John Wayne, when the other guy has a gun too suddenly he becomes Princess Diana.

Demilitarize the police as they are not being trained correctly and are starting to see the "citizens" as the "opposing force".

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

No...He's talking about better gun control

And more robots.

I hope and pray there isn't a wave of reprisals, thats not asking too much.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Interesting ... I didn't read that into it, but instead that perhaps people should be more responsible for their own lives and set higher standards for themselves to live by. The police don't exist because little Tommy pulled Sally's pigtails in Mrs. Johnson's second grade class and called her a name.

I don't quite understand how a Federal Police Force would work ... would they just fire all the current police and hire the TSA to pat us all down every time we leave our front door? Would all municipalities and states have to abandon their local laws so the Federal Force can enforce a new set of nationwide laws? It could almost call for a complete rewrite of the constitution, perhaps. The idea of a union of states could be rendered obsolete.

edit on 11-7-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Or maybe they are asked to do too much...for the amount of compensation they receive.

We definitely dont want the Feds to take over.

But its also still the grieving period, so maybe he's just getting some emotional comments out.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Actually, I read in to it something I've been saying for year. Personal Responsibility. You want your neighbors dog to stop? Go talk to your neighbor. You see something happening? Step in and help. Stop expecting the cops to come to your rescue every time your home alarm goes off.
No one wants Big Brother looking over their shoulder, but expect someone to save them every time something goes wrong.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ask to do too much?????????

Like what - you mean stop covering for your bad cop brothers?

Cops had a no snitch rule for decades.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

His comments did not indicate in any shape or form the need for a Federal Force.

Nice job spreading propaganda.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I feel like many here miss what in my opinion is the biggest point he made.

"He says many failures of society are put off on police to solve."

Mental illness and the drug epidemic? Police are expected to sweep those problems under the rug or in this case sweep them into a jail cell.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Dallas police chief David Brown made some interesting comments today.

"Interesting" I agree with. I was looking for "intelligent" and was left wanting.

The guy shouldn't be wearing 4 stars on his collar.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's called "reading between the lines". One would have to be a total fool to not understand exactly what is happening with the disarmament narrative in this country.

A fool, or complicit in the agenda. Perhaps both.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

His comments did not indicate in any shape or form the need for a Federal Force.

LOL

Of *course* not on the surface.

Strange he made these comments after Obama was whaling about police "reforms" just last Friday.

Wake up professor.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 7/11/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

link   

He's right end the drug war and solve half the problem and create a bigger tax base to fund education and infrastructure.

Problems solved.

No more funding for ISIS or the cartels either.

link   
It's true, cops are being asked to do too many things.

However, we the citizens are only asking the cops to "not do" one thing. Don't kill us, please.

You know, like when you pull over someone on the road, leave your gun in your vehicle, when you approach the citizen's car.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I haven't heard a soldier yet get on TV and say "we are worried about our safety". Because it's the job they signed up for.

Cops want to wear soldier uniforms, drive soldier vehicles, carry soldier guns. Maybe they should buck up and start doing soldier $%#&.

When a cop is the only guy in the room with a gun he is John Wayne, when the other guy has a gun too suddenly he becomes Princess Diana.

Demilitarize the police as they are not being trained correctly and are starting to see the "citizens" as the "opposing force".

Ok fine, so when they all quit who are you replacing them with?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: introvert

It's called "reading between the lines". One would have to be a total fool to not understand exactly what is happening with the disarmament narrative in this country.

A fool, or complicit in the agenda. Perhaps both.

Complete nonsense.

"read between the lines" means you cannot justify the statement.

There is no "disarmament narrative" in this country. We are still able to arm ourselves.

The problem is that nutbags believe too much of the nutbag conspiracies.
edit on 11-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: introvert

LOL

Of *course* not on the surface.

Strange he made these comments after Obama was whaling about police "reforms" just last Friday.

Wake up professor.

Propaganda spin.

True to form, it seems.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join