It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scores of police officers injured in Berlin protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
In other workd news...

German police said more than 120 officers were injured and 86 demonstrators were detained during leftist riots in the German capital which police called "the most aggressive and violent protests in the last five years".

Berlin police said in a statement on Sunday that protesters destroyed cars and attacked officers, throwing bottles, cobblestones and fireworks. Only one of the police officers required treatment at a hospital. It was not immediately clear how many rioters were injured.

About 3,500 protesters participated in the rallies, which started on Saturday evening and lasted until early on Sunday.

Activists had called for the demonstration to protest against police operations at buildings taken over by squatters in the eastern part of the city last month.

Protests against "police operations" against squatters.

Calling it a street battle. Interesting how little video thee seems to be of this. As the dude in the video says, some countries crack down harder.

Seems the football riots made more news.Also, I don't agree with his final comment in the video about "ultimately this is what they are trying to bring to America."

People protest what they hold strong beliefs about and sometimes those protests go sideways. It's been that way throughout the world and throughout history.

ETA: Found another video.

Violence erupted between police and left-wing activists after around 7,000 people joined together to rally against the eviction of Berlin's legendary left-wing squat in Friedrichshain, Germany. Multiple arrests have been made

Friedrichshain Squats

[NYTimes]
edit on 7/11/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is very exciting. Pitching a doom tent in my pants.

Deep tensions seem to be snapping everywhere recently.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Don't they have a ferguson playbook over there? MRAPS and swat teams, snipers, gas and flash bangs.

Yee haw!

Sorry I know thats not a very appropriate response. The EU is pissed, about a great many things.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So every protester got about half a police officer.

(There were 1800 officers and 3500 protesters. I found that...interesting.)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The EU is pissed, about a great many things.

Yes indeed but the common theme is still much the same everywhere....the poor are getting angrier, and there are lots and lots of them with ever increasing numbers.....how long till the pot boils over i wonder...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The saddest thing about what you just said is that the pot doesn't have to boil over. The people actually do have the power if they could just unite. But forces are keeping them apart, divided.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
by squatters they mean refugees.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: YukonJuan
by squatters they mean refugees.

No.

Read the link in the OP about Friedrichshain Squats.

Telling how you went there though.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I guess they'll find some way to blame BLM for this too.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hahahah "Leftist Squatter". I worked with a few of these in the USA, They said their dream was traveling the USA. When they need money for gas and food they just stand on a corner with a sign asking for it. They genuinely believed they deserved it. They thought humans should give them their lives and contribute nothing back. Really weird people. They never lasted on the job for long.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

German police said more than 120 officers were injured and 86 demonstrators were detained during leftist riots in the German capital which police called "the most aggressive and violent protests in the last five years".

And the bolded part is the key . At least the Germans call it as it is.....and that is all it is. Especially in this country.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

And the bolded part is the key . At least the Germans call it as it is.....and that is all it is. Especially in this country.

Explain.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join