It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alton Sterling Witness: Cops Took My Phone, My Surveillance Video, Locked Me Up . possible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
you do realize that Military Police and civilian police are two very different police forces don't you.
one is run under civilian laws and government, the other is run under the branch that the base is, be it Navy,Army, Air Force, Marine and is under UCMJ and Federal laws and government.

as far as i know the Feds have not involved the Military in this case just the FBI looking for civil rights violations.

edit on 11-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
It was all over the freaking news that the cops took the convenience store videos and were trying to get all the cell phones from ALL people in the area who may have captured this event. Not exactly a secret and pretty much SOP.

And a guess would be they probably made him stay in the car for his safety as a witness. Good luck to him with his lawsuit.

Thanks. Logic at last.

Who in their right mind would wait to gather immediate evidence from all bystanders and video recordings from nearby businesses.

Too many cop shows?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

you do realize that Military Police and civilian police are two very different police forces don't you.

I never said they were the same, or alluded to as much.

Simply offering a person's account of an apparent arrest.

Do you have a point?
edit on 11-7-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

your words

This is why so many people can't stand cops, and why good cops speak out so rarely. # with them and they will make your life hell. While this guy DID have these unpaid tickets, it's very convenient it happened now.

you are suggesting that the Military Police a Federal entity is involved in retaliation with a civilian police force that is three states away. Military Police do not get involved in civilian matters unless crimes occur in their jurisdiction.

Do you have a point?

just Denying Ignorance where i see it.

edit on 11-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Basically. If you film a cop killing somebody, good luck. Better run for the damn hills.

I do not understand the 'taking the videos for investigation' thing. It is BS honestly. What investigation? The often corrupt one performed by one of the parties involved in the occurence?

We live in the digital age. Why not make copies of said videos and give the originals back? Oh wait that might hinder selective editing and jury selection.

The excuses people accept these days..
edit on 12-7-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

you are suggesting that the Military Police a Federal entity is involved in retaliation with a civilian police force that is three states away.

I never suggested anything remotely as such.

Try again.

just Denying Ignorance where i see it.

A shiny new mirror, eh?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I never suggested anything remotely as such. Try again.

quit trying to pretend you didn't, your meaning was loud and clear in this that i quoted you sayng.

This is why so many people can't stand cops, and why good cops speak out so rarely. # with them and they will make your life hell. While this guy DID have these unpaid tickets, it's very convenient it happened now.

you also add this at the end of that post.

# the police.

then your very next post you, you ask a question after being told by another poster that he doubted they would waste resources on him.

Question is: why did this happen so quickly after he posted it? Hence the rest of my post.

you also said this in that post,

I'm talking about retaliation by cops against people, and coming down on people because they dared stand up, assert their legal rights, or speak out against or expose corruption. Hell, even when people assert their rights on the street and get the contempt of cop treatment.

your meaning was and is as i said loud and clear. now that i showed you your Ignorance you want to back peddle and pretend you didn't say something, or suggest it. that there is sad.

here you can have your mirror back, you need it more than i do.

edit on 12-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

That was the Eric Garner death.
Google-fu

top topics

<< 1   >>

join