It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprising New Evidence Shows Bias in Police Use of Force but Not in Shootings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

This black lives matter member/supporter/protester murdered a Kentucky police officer.

One bad apple means the whole movement is corrupt.

I see...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you have numbers showing those cops get jailed for shooting other ethnicities but somehow they never get disciplined for shooting blacks?

How about the last time a cop was sentenced and served time in jail for murder, period?

Thats really rare. Let me tell you a story.

Long time ago, I used to go to gun shows and gun auctions, trade, buy and sell all kinds of stuff. One day there was an auction at a police gun store, the day after all kind of stuff was left and I made an offer on a bunch of things, one of which was a book entitled "For your eyes only", a police manual written by cops for cops. The book was marked restricted, not for public resale. I read that with interest and noted (at that time) statistics held that only three officers of the law had actually done any time behind bars for shooting people without just cause.

The message was, when in doubt, go ahead and shoot. Go home and sleep at night with your wife in bed. Don't hesitate, the justice system will have your back. After all this time that is still the message, isn't it?

It didn't say go out and kill who you like, just that if you aren't sure act proactively to insure your own safety. I think thats where I first heard the phrase, better firing six than being carried by six. Or something like that. Back then police carried 6 shot revolvers.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe there is a "systemic" problem within BLM.

edit on 11-7-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Here is one...google them all...

www.nydailynews.com...

It happens. It is not like it is the Wild Wild West...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Maybe there is a "systemic" problem within BLM.

The systemic problem is within the "System". Or the "Establishment" for all you minions.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Form that article...

Ashby, who was arrested and fired a month after the October 12, 2014, shooting, had pleaded not guilty. A judge scheduled his sentencing hearing for September.

Hasn't actually been sentenced yet. Often they don't serve time or have sentences commuted after a short prison term. Thats what I meant by actually being punished for their crimes:

His conviction on a second-degree murder charge with a possible prison sentence of up to 48 years marks perhaps the first on-duty murder conviction for a Colorado officer ever.

My comment its a rare occurrence stands.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I am sure he wasn't a part of BLM either right?

Looks like "systemic" problems within BLM to me...

www.leoaffairs.com...
edit on 12-7-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

If you read this article you will see in the last few years more are brought up on charges. Just look at the stats..

thefreethoughtproject.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

This black lives matter member/supporter/protester murdered a Kentucky police officer.

One bad apple means the whole movement is corrupt.

I see...

No! You said yourself on the other thread-which I totally agree with- The fear that BLM is doing more harm to their movement than good. The same logic applies to the cops as the movement, itself.

If the numbers are accurate in the study, and I assume they are, then it should at least lessen some of the rhetoric about black murders by cops. Apparently they 'murder' in a politically correct and racially balanced fashion.....

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I am sure he wasn't a part of BLM either right?

Why, because he murdered cops down the street? Maybe he chose that venue for his madness because he knew they would be there in numbers and vulnerable. Maybe he was trying to spark a wider race war?

But yah, dude was a murderer and a racist, plain and simple. The antithesis of BLMs message.

I get the guilt by association though. Got nothing else to go on, have we.

Was it a full moon, Saturday, what day month was it? All these also matter little.
edit on 12-7-2016 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The fear that BLM is doing more harm to their movement than good.

The movement itself isn't harming anyone. Does not intend to harm anyone, controls its own members at protests to keep from harming anyone.

The harm results from batons, rubber bullets, and chemical weapons. I won't go into detention, jail, harsh fines for activists arrested and tried.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

If you read this article you will see in the last few years more are brought up on charges. Just look at the stats..

thefreethoughtproject.com...

But not a single conviction...

Although the number of cops charged with murder or manslaughter sharply spiked last year, not a single officer was convicted for these unjustified deaths. With less cops killed in the line of duty in 2015, the number of people killed by police increased yet again.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I thought him wearing a BLM shirt was a give away as to him being a part of and supporting the movement.

Again, I can agree that not all BLM members are bad. However, until the good start speaking out against and turning in the bad, they deserve the reputation they are receiving.

I mean if that is correct in regards to the police, it should be the same for BLM right?
edit on 12-7-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I gotta say, I hate you requested your thread be closed - the discussion was head-and-shoulders better. Any competent moderator would agree, but it's done and I've got nothing to add to this thread. Doh!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

I gotta say, I hate you requested your thread be closed - the discussion was head-and-shoulders better. Any competent moderator would agree, but it's done and I've got nothing to add to this thread. Doh!

Thank you for that. It would have degraded as well....

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I thought him wearing a BLM shirt was a give away as to him being a part of and supporting the movement.

Even Dallas PD has come out to say the guy acted alone. I

But lets entertain it for a moment. BLM, about protecting life, is gonna have a protest and send someone on a mission to murder the cops down the street. If you buy that you''re dumber than I thought. Or blind. Or trolling.

Whichever...

intrptr out

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I guess you didn't click on the link I provided.

I wasn't referring to the Dallas murderer.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I'm not clicking in this thread anymore, Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join