It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Sued for $1 Billion for Alleged Use of Medium for Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here we go again with the lawsuits.

Facebook is getting sued and the claim is they allegedly allowed terrorists (Middle East) to use Facebook for plotting attacks and what not.

The story says Facebook has been sued before on similar grounds.

No wonder they seem to be censoring specific comments and posts.

Facebook Sued for $1 Billion for Alleged Use of Medium for Terror

Lawyers filed a $1 billion lawsuit against Facebook Inc., alleging it allowed the Palestinian militant Hamas group to use the platform to plot attacks that killed four Americans and wounded one in Israel, the West Bank and Jerusalem.

“Facebook has knowingly provided material support and resources to Hamas in the form of Facebook’s online social network platform and communication services,” making it liable for the violence against the five Americans, according to the lawsuit sent to Bloomberg by the office of the Israeli lawyer on the case, Nitsana Darshan-Leitner.

“Simply put, Hamas uses Facebook as a tool for engaging in terrorism,” it said.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Heck, just browse some of the more fringe/extreme people here in the USA.

I was appalled at the kind of stuff people are sharing/posting on Facebook once I started to view people's profiles I normally wouldn't ever associate with.

If people's actions in real life were as bold as their internet lives...we'd have armed insurrection and Rambo's on every corner trying to become characters from Red Dawn.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

BAN Facebook!

BAN IT!

Since we are holding things 'responsible' for the actions of what PEOPLE do.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
they wont ban facebook..that's also a tool for the government and law enforcement and prospective employers to spy on you who your friends are and to somewhat trace your movements and people all over the world willingly give up this information.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This... Times 1,000. Shut that # down!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

BAN Facebook!

BAN IT!

No need to ban it. Maybe we just need tougher facebook laws.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PaperMetel

It don't work because they always overlook the blatantly open statements by the terrorists... Syeed in Cali and the Orlando shooter... The Dallas loser, etc...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I disagree.

We need to stop media violence, and Something must be done about 'Assault' postings.

It's for the children.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
my point was they get to much information from facebook about you to give it up. they rather just let facebook get sued over and over and still have the benefit of copying the information on your pages. even if the information is untrue it gives them a glimps into your psyche and habits and all this information is just givin to them BY YOU.. they don't have to go digging to far to get it..

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why is no one suing the phone company's for doing the same?
I highly dislike facebook, but all it does esentially is provide a platform for people to communicate on, I can't see this lawsuit sticking somehow.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

That is one of the reasons Agent Zuckerberg got married in Ca. the very next day after the biggest IPO (farce) in the history of mankind, of a computer company and idjits still buy stock after the only computer farcebook™ uses has the cord kicked out by an intern and is "off-line" for 18 min. and then "They" used folks greed against them and stole their $$.
fracebook™ is nothing but a seine for info for Law Enforcement to get around the 4th Amendment; this is the one that is about "Search & Seizure" (read the "Terms of Agreement/Usage" ALL of them, even the one that You didn't read and just hit "Accept" because that cheerleader from high school wants to send You "better pics" from the beach vacation.)

Agent Zuckerberg marries a fellow Agent the next day in Ca. because that is a '50-50 State' and Mrs. Zuckerberg (also an Agent) gets $50B USD right after saying/typing "I do" So when everyone finds out it is nothing but a web for info, The People will only be able to get back $50 Billion; $50 B is already Mrs. Zuckerbergs...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

I disagree.

We need to stop media violence, and Something must be done about 'Assault' postings.

It's for the children.

They must limit posts to 10 characters or less.

And no binge posting anymore !!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah your O.P. says it all, it's too bad that some people (terrorists) use Facebook for this sort of thing, but I'm sure they also use every other kind of communication platform such as Twitter, Gmail, Kik, the telephone, the post office, etc.

To stop that kind of activity, Facebook would have to invade users' privacy to see what they are talking about and it also might be hard to monitor everyone successfully even if they do do this.
edit on 11pmMon, 11 Jul 2016 16:15:32 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

No Fly.

No Buy.

No Facebook.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think I’ll sue Israel for getting shills to pollute feeds, from groups which publish news about the ongoings in the Middle East, with belligerent comments. End of the day, they will need to prove that any page on Facebook resulted in recruitment and that those recruited were responsible for the deaths of Americans. As for paid shills, that much can not only be proven anyway but Israel even admitted it.

electronicintifada.net...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

BAN Facebook!

BAN IT!

No need to ban it. Maybe we just need tougher facebook laws.

Facebook is actually beginning trials on encrypted messenging within messenger.

Interesting time ahead...

new topics

top topics

join