It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Shooting at Berrien County, MI courthouse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Could it have to do with the "Invoking Kali" incident earlier... I think it was New York City?

I remember that a few here seemed concerned about it at the time, including myself

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
a reply to: Nyiah

Exactly my point. Thank you.

Ya know, I still have a hard time knowing looks can be that deceiving. I get that Benton Harbor has a reputation for being exceedingly rough & nasty (I've been told you're safer in Muskegon) But it just looked so quaint & charming when we passed through. Hides the demons quite well that way, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If you want quaint and charming, stay in St. Joe.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Mrgone

Several of them, yes. Including one cousin who until a few months ago, I never would have believed it of. The things they say are absolutely vicious.
Are you planning on reporting them to an authority?

I'm just curious. If you don't report them will you feel partially responsible?

What kind of things have they been saying? Are they threatening to hurt people?
edit on 07Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:49:56 -0500320167America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

A few blocks from work we're on lockdown.. Mi

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Get to take the long way home the courthouse is next to one of the drawbridges and they are both open

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

A few blocks from work we're on lockdown.. Mi

Shooter is dead. Why are you on lock down?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Home now about 3 blocks seat is work

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Home now about 3 blocks seat is work
i bet that feels good.

I am happy that you made it home.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I know that in the case of most of my family members, it's the threat of disarmament that has them freaked out. And they're all baptists from the fire and brimstone school of thought, which has always been obnoxious, but now they're blatantly advocating wholesale slaughter of anyone who does not share their views, and it's alarming. What I can't figure out is why, in the past three weeks or so, they've all become so much more vicious than previously. It's like Mystic said, as if a switch has been flipped.

I've completely avoided facebook over the past few weeks because a large number of my friends have changed dramatically and it's really obvious. Smart, professional, educated women are suddenly putting up creepy profile pics...gobs of black eye makeup and every single one of them has dyed their hair jet black, without exception.

Nine of them have also started wearing these weird yellow-ish contact lenses too...all but one has naturally brown eyes, the exception has blue eyes. And none of them have vision problems. They're also dressing all in black, right down to their nail polish. And they don't even know each other, so it's not some odd trend among them. And they're posting just really dark content...songs about death and destruction, graphic images, angry rants filled with profanity that is so uncharacteristic of them that people comment asking if they're alright. There's more, but I'm not wanting to derail the thread here.

I have no idea what is happening to these people. It's chilling to think that something could be affecting them to such a degree that they have adopted a completely different persona. I don't know what to think. There's a lot of fear and anger out there, but this just seems out of proportion to me. I just don't know.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

I'm still concerned about that. It's damned bizarre. I think somehow, some way, there is a connection to all of this that we cannot discern. I know people get angry and lose their cool at times. But this goes beyond anger. This is rage. It's almost as if it's an infectious agent or something...of course you can't be infected with rage, but I think you'll know what I mean.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
2 retired deputies working as Bailiffs were killed. People expect big problems in Benton Harbor tonight. Against the rules to have guns on company property I bet everybody has something in their vehicles tomorrow. Google Benton Harbor crime and sit back for a while. For a city of 10k people it's bad.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

They're mostly going to be all talk, but my one cousin I'm not sure about. We are currently not speaking, because I told him I think he needs to seek counseling. But I am keeping an eye on him.

If anyone I personally know gives me reason enough to believe they'd take any action that might put others in harm's way, you bet I'd report it. It would be a guilt I'd be willing to live with, ratting someone out, if it stopped them from doing something to hurt other people.

Would you report someone in a case like that? I wonder how many people wouldn't. That's a pretty sobering question.
edit on 31565America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jul 2016 17:56:14 -050031pm31192America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: damn you autocorrect...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is an organised, nation-wide terrorist campaign. Bombings will be next

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A Little infoNews Link

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Krakatoa

Ha! I'd rather it were a Mandela than having to watch people transform into raving lunatics right before my eyes. But it's more than stress. What I'm seeing is pure insanity.

Any theories as to why?

I've sort of surveyed a few of your back and forths with the other poster.

If you want to get really out there, out there, there is the whole lunacy with CERN and opening portals. I've been keeping half an eye on it. I haven't really believed any of it, but I remember hearing an interview with some weird guy a long time ago who said he felt the effects we would see would be people drastically altering in personality and violence ramping up and getting crazy. Understand this was well before BLM went off the deep end and the SJW movement.

I do have a facebook, but I only use it more or less as a comment plug in when I can't stay quiet at some website or other. So I haven't had my pulse on my own contacts list like I used to. But I have been watching a decline in the voices on various websites in their tone on all sides.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I hope nothing else happens. Please be safe.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The shooter:

woodtv.com...

Gordon was in jail on two counts of criminal sexual conduct, Michigan State Police records show. He was also facing charges of kidnapping, assault with a dangerous weapon, and domestic violence.

edit on 11-7-2016 by JinMI because: Add

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Interesting.

I retract everything I said about Benton Harbor as obviously this case does not apply.

My apologies.
edit on 11-7-2016 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

This is pretty much par for the course in this part of the state unfortunately.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join