It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying to Mars with Ariana...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It's day 156, Ariana and I are preparing for our landing on the south wall of Mars. After checking over every thing three times Ariana and I are a go for landing in two hours. After spending 156 days in space together some interesting things have happened between us.

Day 2: Ariana and I have completed our or orbits around the earth and are ready to slingshot using the earths gravity. 3.2.1 full thrust. As we hit 10 g's I see Ariana is having a hard time with the controls. I somehow managed to work my way over to help her when I saw engine 3 kick off.

As engine 3 kicked off our ship slowed so quickly we went into a -g of 5. Ariana was ripped out of her space chair. Lucky for me I was tied so I could move around. My first worry was getting control of our ship. I saw that Ariana was ok.

I called to mission control with no luck. I checked all the communication controls and error 3 was ringing. "Eff I yelled out to Ariana" she looked at me and knew something was wrong. Ariana asked me "what just happened to us?" I told her "number 3 engine kicked off and you ended up getting ripped out of your seat and we have lost all communication."

"Is that why you are saying bad words?" Ariana asked. "Yes I am sorry I had a bad mouth but we will now have to find a way to make it to Mars and repair our systems and get engine 3 burning again"

Day 7: Ariana and I managed to recover from our mess. We have been working together non stop for 5 days doing damage control. Ariana Managed to get engine 3 back online. We do not have communication with earth.

Our next problem is the window of landing. Since engine 3 was down for 5 days we have to figure a way to make up 5 days or change course. 5 days in space at the wrong speed will make us miss our window to land on Mars.

Day:25 Ariana and I still cannot fix out coms. We have been working on all our projects given to us by NASA. We still need a plan to correct our window of landing but we have time to fix this problem. I am working on a plant experiment growing flowers in space. Really beautiful colors are appearing.

Ariana is working on flying drones in zero g! It really is something to see. One wrong move and the drone speeds up so fast and hits the wall and is crushed. So far all are food is inline and we are keeping up everyday. In zero g we need to keep in shape because we do not want to lose mass.

Day50: Ariana and I fell in love. Yes we broke all the rules and I mean all the rules. We don't care because we cannot talk to NASA and we might die trying to get to Mars. NASA picked us because we were well qualified for this trip we were single and understood we might die.

If I had to die up here in space Ariana is my perfect mate. She has long black hair and hazel eyes, she is witty too. I really like her persona.

One night around day 33 my flowers were fully opened. I cut one off after taking photos and for some reason I gave it to Ariana. She tuned red and said "a space flower for me?" She grabbed me and started to slowly kiss me. I kissed her back and love was in space.

I will tell you without detail that being in zero g has some bonuses.

If NASA knew we fell in love heads would roll. They had to expect this. How can two humans be in space opposite sex for 156 days and not fall in love?

Part 2 soon!
edit on 7 11 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Day55: Ariana and I had a plan to make up our five lost days without engine 3. The only problem is we will never make it back to earth with this plan. On day 100 we will start a hard burn on all 3 engines and use are back port thrusters to speed us up.

Right now we are traveling at 65,000 miles per hour, we need to get up to 89,000 miles per hour for a max of one day to make up our five day loss. After that assuming everything goes as planned we will use our front thrusters to slow back down to 65,000 miles per hour. We will use reverse thrust for 18 hours. This means we will never have enought fuel to return to the earth.

Once we reach Mars we will do food experiments with seeds. From other missions we already know there is water on Mars under the soil. We will have a endless supply of food. No meat just fruit veggies and potatoes.

Day 60: Ariana is late. So we have hope of a baby. What else can you do in space for 156 days. NASA would flip out. I kind of figured this would happen after we fell in love.

I am almost finished repairing our coms. But what is the point in contacting NASA now. We will follow our commands and do as told. I wonder if NASA thinks we are even still alive.

Day 62: A big jolt shook our ship. Number 1 engine is out. Ariana and I quickly follow out training to relight number 1 engine. We did a check and found the fuel shutoff valve closed. The only way to fix this problem is a space walk. We are both trained for this repair.

I decided I would do the dangerous walk. If Ariana is by chance pregnant it too great a risk. As I suite up Ariana kissed me. I told her that I love you and I will be back in one hour. As I enter the air lock and shut the door I feel a vibration.

I call to Ariana "did you feel that?" She said "yes I think it was just our guiding system making a slight correction." "Ok I replied."

As all the air was sucked out of the airlock I opened the door. I double checked my teather. I slowly made my way to the faulted fuel valve.

After a half hour of intense repair the problem was fixed. I turned on the valve and somehow the number one engine did a relight. "Not good" I screamed. As the engine burned we speed up and my teather broke off. In space every object in motion is in motion so I was traveling the same speed.

I quickly called Ariana on my com. She already knew engine one kicked in and was doing a override to turn it off. Here I am traveling to Mars going 65,000 miles per min hanging on to the outside of a space ship. What a great way to spend the day.

Ariana yelled through the com "shutdown now get back inside now." I used my manual thrust on my space suite to make my way toward the airchamber when I lost my reverse thrust. I could not stop. Next thing I was in front of the ship looking at Ariana through the thick glass. I could see he screaming.

I looked to the back of the ship and I could see the earth. So peacefull looking from up here. Who would believe such a planet has so much violence and hate going on.

I managed to turn my body and use the rear thrust to return to the airlock. As I made it in I could see Ariana running up to the door.

Part 3 next.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Arianna Huffington?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Lol, I would not survive 156 days in space with her. A woukd give her a week and she would be floating in her space suit back to earth.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Nice One Q! I am looking for ward to more of this Tale!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thank you Syx, I have more soon! Thank you for reading it!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Day 64: We fixed the communication problem. "Houston this is Ariana Mars bound copy over" "This is Houston copy we knew you two were still alive we are tracking you with satellites over."

"Houston , Corey and I have a report for you we just sent you the link, it is too much to tell you over the coms." "Copy Ariana, are you two in good health and are not fighting?"

"Houston we fell in love and are really happy with each other. We broke the rules. One issue we have is engine 3 kicked off for 5 days. We will miss our window to hit Mars. In the link we sent the plan to make up the five days. The only problem is we will never have the fuel to return to earth over."

"Copy Ariana, we picked you two for a reason, your both the same age and good looking we set this up so you two would fall in love, as soon as we go over your report we will be in contact over".

Day 66: We lost contact again with Houston, Ariana and I are working on a fix. The other problem is our oxygen levels are dropping. Today we will change all the scrub filters and hopefully the problem will be fixed.

More soon!
edit on 7 12 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 12 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I love this! Brilliant, More!!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Reading this back it reminds me of a person who fell in love with a stranger, thank you for reading this story and yes I will add more.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Fun writing Q! Very interesting stuff. Keep it up, I gotta know how this pans out!

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Thank you Jin. I will add soon. Your are the best!

top topics

join