It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins says extraterrestrials seeded life on earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Dawkins says he thinks extraterrestrials may have seeded life on earth. if Richard Dawkins himself believes in ancient aliens, then the ancient alien theory is to be taken more seriously.

note: This came up on a different thread. I'm posting it here seperately (so the other thread doesnt get derailed).

edit on 11-7-2016 by secretboss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: secretboss
As I stated in the other thread... He was asked to speculate, and he speculated. He did not say it is what he believes.

edit on 7/11/2016 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Richard Dawkins did not say that. he speculated..you can speculate on lots of things. aliens created life, god created life, we are in virtual reality, we are all the dream of a butterfly, etc.

"it could come about in the following way. It could be that.." he is answering a speculative question with speculation on how it would be found.

Do you know you are being purposefully disingenuous or are you just grasping and filtering out any possible context?

or..are you just trolling?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Richard Dawkins did not say that

That is Richard Dawkins speaking in that video, right?

Okay, he may have been speculating, but what proof do you have that Dawkins is wrong in his speculation?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Heavily edited, Dawkins wasn't even allowed to attend the opening night of the "documentary" because of how inaccurately he had been represented.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezycsorry is Richard Dawkins a troll? Trying to follow this thread, not very nice thing to say.
I'll be leaving soon, can't make sense of this thread anymore.
I'm not clicking on random link to YouTube, so sorry not much to say on the OP,
Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

Heavily edited

Edited in what way?

That sure looks and sounds like Richard Dawkins speaking in that video.

If Dawkins, an accomplished scientist and science author, thinks its possible that aliens may have seeded life on earth, I really don't care what Dawkins critics have to say.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Quote mining is in very poor form, mate.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Go and eat!

Who knows what Dawkins believes, unless he himself actually wants to spell them out in no uncertain terms..and really, does it matter whatever his opinions are?

Being a scientist, an educator, a corporate bigwig, a sportsperson, a TV celebrity, a Pop star, Movie star, or anyone else in the media spotlight or public eye, does NOT make their opinions in any way better than..for example a roadsweepers or refuse collectors beliefs..that's why they are called beliefs...and not facts.

Some of the cleverest people i've ever met have also been some of the stupidest.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Pointless debate/argument. My original statement stands.
edit on 11-7-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

How do you prove speculation....?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Dawkins certainly has his opinion, and I have mine.

I think that life on Earth came from the future Earth as tiny little bacteria or archaea are sucked into micro-black holes or random micro areas of "nothingness," like a hole in a sponge that goes all the way through. They're deposited randomly in time and space throughout the universe. Of course, the initial question about this is "well, how did life originally come into existence on Earth so that it could be sucked back into time?" To which I can only reply, "you don't know how time works."

The great trick about this is that a void in spacetime can lead anywhere and anytime. So "Earth bacteria" can end up anywhere, and as long as it end up in an environment that doesn't kill it, it will continue to thrive and evolve, maybe into crazy aliens somewhere. Not that there are any, but there could be.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Amazing!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: secretboss

Okay, he may have been speculating, but what proof do you have that Dawkins is wrong in his speculation?

He didn't say Richard was wrong in his speculation. He is answering your speculation that Richard believes his speculation to be the case. He said no such thing. To say that he did is putting words in his mouth, and as Saturn said, disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: secretboss

He said no such thing..

He did. Please watch the video I posted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join