It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Said They Shot A Man Because He Pointed A Gun At Them. Video Shows He Had His Hands Up.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
but hey, there will be no ambiguity after they release the body can footage.

I don't know how anyone can make any statements with certainty after seeing that video.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: sg1642
I hate to say it but pause the video when the car pulls up to the junction. zoom in. it creates a background for details to show up against. His arm closest to the camera looks like it is pointing towards the police car to me.

Watched the video with at least 12 other people. NO ONe sees him pointing a gun

Hey I don't dispute the fact. This is grainy footage and no I don't see a gun. But why would a witness tell him to drop a gun he never had? Equally the footage doesn't show a lack of a gun either.

Well my question would be-- Who is quoting this witness? The police? Or the person them self?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

They are filming the monitor.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What video is everyone watching?? The only video i can see is poor quality and dark. Its also a video of a monitor.

Did he have a gun? If he did was it pointing at the police officer?

How can anyone other than a armchair detective come to any conclusion from this video?

Wait for dashcam and bodycam footage.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The sheep are bored.. the sheep wants to see blood in the streets
This is scary times.

Now everyone pulls up a camera every time they see a policeman.. hoping he walk in a wrong way or say something wrong, so they can make some you tube money or just start som rock and roll in the streets

link   
a reply to: kamatty

You can't come to a full conclusion from this video. You can say what you see in it and you must also admit what you see may be wrong because it isn't clear enough to say otherwise. But equally the video shouldn't be circulating with any sort of implication or message by its side untill facts do emerge.

link   
Link with video.
thinkprogress.org...

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I don't feel bad for the police when they get up and complain about all the "outcry" from the public. When they feel it is too much for them to have to DO THEIR JOB and act accordingly, all the while providing transparency to the tax payers.

Thats a call to return to rights. Public Civil servants serving the public on the taxpayer dollar, they are our employees and as they hold public office their time on the job should be transparent in the public eye.

Too much deep corruption for that to ever reoccur.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
The sheep are bored.. the sheep wants to see blood in the streets
This is scary times.

Now everyone pulls up a camera every time they see a policeman.. hoping he walk in a wrong way or say something wrong, so they can make some you tube money or just start som rock and roll in the streets

Or so they can keep dishonest cops honest?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

What video is everyone watching?? The only video i can see is poor quality and dark. Its also a video of a monitor.

Exactly. Its the idea of evidence when it actually shows nothing at all.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
My mistake, I got into looking at the scene and missed the display screen. Got real jumpy at the critical point.

How about the actual video taken by the system being released.
edit on 7/11/2016 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I love how whoever was recording with his phone moves his hand at the exact moment the person is shot. Well done camera moron.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

In my inexperienced and humble opinion, from the ThinkProgress video posted in your link, it looked to me like there were sparks flying from the man's hand, perhaps a gun being shot, before he put his hands up, at 26-28 seconds into the video.

thinkprogress.org...
lights from the traffic and possibly the police lights i'd say but that's only a guess.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
These grainy videos aren't proof of anything. It's an exercise in guesswork and interpretation, people see what they want to see. One person sees an endangered cop, another sees a wrongful killing.

I don't know how anyone can claim certainty in regard to these sorts of videos.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I love how whoever was recording with his phone moves his hand at the exact moment the person is shot. Well done camera moron.

Can't help but wonder if that wasn't intentional. Seemed awful convenient timing.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Can't help but wonder if that wasn't intentional. Seemed awful convenient timing.

It really did seem convenient. Thought crossed my mind that it was done intentionally to keep things muddied.

The dash and body cam should be enough to quell this or prove this.
edit on 11-7-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I know this is could of would of should of and that it is easy to be critical when not in that situation but one thing about these videos that I do find bothering isn't just the violence but the apparent lack of urgency to render any kind of aid to the person who has been shot. Obviously you aren't going to just rush up to the guy and give him a pat on the shoulder but the focus should immediately shift to securing any weapons he may be carrying and once the fact he no longer poses a risk is established every effort should be made to render aid and it should be done with urgency. That doesn't appear to happen in any of these videos.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The movement of the camera couldn't have come at a better time either especially when you consider the fact most security monitors have a playback function so the timing could be picked perfectly.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

This is a screen shot, at 38-39 seconds, it does show his right arm at 90 degree angle. My screen shots suck lately so I don't know if it can be seen but I'll post it anyway.

ETA: If you adjust your screen size to around 200, it can be seen.

edit on 11-7-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is one where if there were shots fired from the victim; The police would release that video as soon as humanly possible

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join