It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of blocking a street/highway?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Yeah, because climbing on top of trucks and trying to break windows is exercising their rights. Dragging an innocent truck driver out and beating him so badly that people still think he died is exercising their rights. Throwing rocks at trucks is their right.

You do know the difference between a riot and a protest, right? Particularly one that happened 25 years ago no less.

But no, it's safer to sit there and call us cowards isn't it.

Any person willing to abrogate their rights and the rights of others to the Federal government is a coward in my opinion.

edit on 11-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Trucks are confined to specific routes for a reason. In some of these places there are no detours they can use. They end up with nowhere to go.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

so when they block a bridge with one way on or off, or the thruway in oakland, with no way around...

BLM always blocks traffic both ways, with no listed detours, or advance notice that your travel route is blocked by a bunch of ignorant protesters

link   
a reply to: LSU0408

the Black Live Depend crowd will demand justice for their own people's # ups.

'Their own people'? Whats your hometown crowd...

Edit: Answer, Us and them...
edit on 11-7-2016 by intrptr because: Edit

link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: nobunaga

no actually they block ambulances and emergency vehicles all the time. they dont let them through, fool.

Prove it.
They don't have to. You're the one that made the claim that the protesters would be willing and able to let through emergency vehicles. The burden of proof is on you.

I responded to the discussion. I made NO claim. I saw with my own eyes where they let emergency vehicles through on serveral occaisions. Here's the other thing. Emergency responders know what's happening and which routes to take.

So like I said, save your drama and your tippy toeing around the REAL issues here and just come right out and let your real thoughts through. You knoow you want to.

link   

No bigotry here just truth. How many people have the luxury of taking days off at a time protesting and getting arrested, for which they'll get fired or suspended for.... Probably not many.

link   

heres precedent....

The use of chains and lockboxes elevated this from peaceful to a violation of the law.

You need to do better, this should have been obvious even to you.

edit on 11-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

so when they block a bridge with one way on or off, or the thruway in oakland, with no way around...

BLM always blocks traffic both ways, with no listed detours, or advance notice that your travel route is blocked by a bunch of ignorant protesters

Oh for #s sake how often does that happen?

You're not wort reading or responding to. That's a bad on me.
edit on 7/11/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Video does not work.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

yah and what municipality would allow people to block traffic without a permit???
somewhere is east juhunga?
whats a matter mason, dont like being shown your wrong?
what local level would allow blocking of traffic?
please show me precedent

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

So the protest in Memphis on I40 was 25 years ago and was a riot? Because they were climbing all over trucks there. And those trucks had nowhere to go.

Yes Reginald Denny was in a riot, but the point was that trick drivers are vulnerable still. And that could very easily happen again at one of these "peaceful protests". Truckers don't forget how easily we can be dragged out and something happen. Especially with all the incidents against us lately.

edit on 7/11/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

(post by nobunaga removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Trucks are confined to specific routes for a reason. In some of these places there are no detours they can use. They end up with nowhere to go.

Again...how often does this really happen? One truck in Atlanta and the dude went with it.

Give me a freaking break already.

This would seem like a country full of damn non-supportive, hatertard crybabies if ATS was any kind of measure. Thank goodness it's not.
edit on 7/11/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   

yah and what municipality would allow people to block traffic without a permit???

Any municipality without a permitting process would not be able to curtail the protest without risk of a civil suit.

link   

its happened 6 times in last 3 days... 27 times in last year.
sorry for making you look stupid. your not worth my time either...

Prove it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Makes no sense to me either blocking a road other than to cause problems for traffic trying to come through. There are much better ways however to each his own.

The ONLY way to be a part of peace is to be it. Peace doesn't come from division. The longer any color is promoted in isolation to other groups there is division. BET, Black Month, Black this.. black that. If any other "race" promoted isolation this too is division and there will never be peace among said races. Chinese Entertainment Television, White Entertainment Television.... I mean where does this type of division end???

The more you stir sh!+ the worse it stinks.

People of all races need to understand we are a human race and with that said there should be a point in time where people promote and stand for unity. A unified front is what the intent of the heart should be.

link   
I can't wait for the day a fed up motorist drives right through the no good, whining terrorists.

link   

and can you find me 1 municipality that doesnt have a permitting process?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So the protest in Memphis on I40 was 25 years ago and was a riot? Because they were climbing all over trucks there. And those trucks had nowhere to go.

Reginald Deny was 25 years ago. You know, the guy you mentioned as being pulled from his truck during a riot, not a protest.

And no where did I say climbing on vehicles was protected free speech. Protesting in ;public thoroughfares is.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

They are trying to be heard, make a point. What are they supposed to do, shut up and accept the fact that their child/father/friend/fell afro-american just got murdered for being black?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join