It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of blocking a street/highway?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

blocking traffic, or goverments building is illegal without a proper permit and or notice far enough ahead of time to create a detour.
does that simple logic escape you?

you cannot block traffic without a permit to do so, says every state law everywhere

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
With or without a permit they are legally allowed to prevent you from blocking some roadways.

If the municipality has no permitting statute then they cannot block peaceable assembly.

It's good that they're blocking them because quite a few truck drivers are pissed and scared...

Frankly if a bunch of truckers (or anyone else) are frightened of people exercising their rights they need to grow a pair and deal with it.

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Thanks again for brining that pic. Nobody but nobody calls BLM demonstrations what they really are, civil rights movement, just like in the 60's.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No, they formed over a thug that tried to take a cops gun and got dealt his final breath by that same cop. No matter whether the death is justified or not, the Black Live Depend crowd will demand justice for their own people's # ups.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
If your actions decrease the safety of the public as a whole you are wrong... as I mentioned before if someone dies because of the blocking of streets and intersections I expect the protest organizers to be arrested/sued.

Please site legal precedent where citizens are not permitted to use public thoroughfares for peaceable protest.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: nobunaga

Every single time black lives matters or some protest involving african americans is marching or protesting, they end up linking arms, and blocking a highway. What the hell good does this do? its the dumbest thing i have seen from these protesting groups.

Shooting people in cold blood is okay, though...

Seems to be in Chicago. By BLM ignoring that fact, what that tells me is that it's OK to kill your own on purpose, but cops can't do the same by mistake.

BLM didn't form their movement because of police 'accidents'.
I didn't say accident, I said mistake. BLM formed mostly because cops weren't paying for their mistakes. Accidents imply there's no one to blame.

Semantics. BLM isn't a 'mistake'.

link   

no actually they block ambulances and emergency vehicles all the time. they dont let them through, fool.

link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
you cannot block traffic without a permit to do so, says every state law everywhere

Permitting is handled on the local level as my links demonstrated. Did you read them? They have things in them called 'words'.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
Are you saying that in some cases blocking ambulances and firefighters from performing their civic duties is constitutionally protected?

If the protesters are legally assembled, yes.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

And when this happens and people cheer, I don't wanna hear any crying.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's destructive because it prevents the people that actually work and pay taxes from getting to work. While the people protesting collect a check. You see what I mean, it's like biting the hand that feeds you, but literally.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yeah, because climbing on top of trucks and trying to break windows is exercising their rights. Dragging an innocent truck driver out and beating him so badly that people still think he died is exercising their rights. Throwing rocks at trucks is their right.

You have no damn clue what has gone on at some of these "peaceful protests" that has put that attitude into drivers, so instead of sitting safe behind your computer try actually having to deal with it for a change. But no, it's safer to sit there and call us cowards isn't it.

Typical.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It's destructive because it prevents the people that actually work and pay taxes from getting to work. While the people protesting collect a check. You see what I mean, it's like biting the hand that feeds you, but literally.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

no actually they block ambulances and emergency vehicles all the time. they dont let them through, fool.

Prove it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

www.democracynow.org...

heres precedent....

activists were arrested after they used chains and PVC pipe "lockboxes" to form a human chain across two lanes of traffic. They said their action was a protest against what they described as a campaign rooted in fear and hatred. The protest held up traffic for more than a half-hour, delaying many Trump supporters. Democracy Now! was at the protest.

they were arrested for blocking traffic while protesting

link   

originally posted by: avgguy

The vast majority of the people aren't working during the hours they protest. And ifor those who are fthey are there are these things called alternate routes and detours.

And are you assuming they all don't pay taxes? Careful now...your bigotry is escaping outta you.

The drama and ignorance here is unreal.

edit on 7/11/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   
Blocking a highway is a common protest tactic, it is not unique to BLM. I’ve done it myself, sat at a junction banging a drum because we didn’t want our country dragged into a dirty war in Iraq. We had to move though, police were going to arrest us otherwise. As to why people might do this... well in our case, we felt that too many people ignore the obvious and are more concerned about themselves, so we blocked a city centre junction to let them know that we are all in this together. It’s simply a matter of a) getting the point across, and b) inconveniencing people because they would otherwise just look away.

Actually, somebody made a very similar point in another thread earlier...

originally posted by: 00018GE

bridge was shut down for several hours. In my opinion this kind of behavior accomplishes nothing. What do you think?

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
It accomplished something. It's in the news and you are talking about it. That is the point of peaceful protest/civil disobedience.

edit on 1MondayMondayAmerica/Chicago12pmMonday1pm07 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: nobunaga

I have a fiance who is 33 weeks pregnant. If the nimrods work their way up to northwest Louisiana and are blocking a freeway when she goes into labor, I'm not stopping. If they're stupid enough to block a highway with cars coming and going then they deserve what they get.

And you will go to prison. So you will hardly see your child for years. Then you won't be able to get a job to support your family.

You obviously thought out your plan well.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Prove it.
They don't have to. You're the one that made the claim that the protesters would be willing and able to let through emergency vehicles. The burden of proof is on you.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

www.masslive.com...

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

heres not 1, not 2, but 3 different protests in which BLM blocked ambulances
proof

maybe if you would of read the entire thread, you would have noticed this was previously spoke about

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join