It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of blocking a street/highway?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

It is illegal. The police are not enforcing the law because they dont want to look bad on the media.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It is my understanding in California it is illegal to even BE (a pedestrian) on any state freeway unless your car has broken down and only to walk to the nearest on/off-ramp. SO being a pedestrian on the freeway unless your stranded, NOT LEGAL

Also I believe the the Golden Gate Bridge has it's own set of laws regarding pedestrian traffic, and it is also a state freeway. Although it does have a sidewalk I'm sure that the standard laws for freeways apply, and then some specific to that bridge. So only ON the sidewalk during daylight, LEGAL . On the road way NEVER LEGAL.

So all of the protestors upon even entering any California freeway broke the law. I'm sure there are other states who share the same or similar laws for freeways.

I do know that back a few years in Oregon it was a basic right to travel, so in that state you can walk along the freeways, but I'm sure, that did not apply to the actual roadway. I don't know if this is still true or not been 20 years since visiting Oregon.

This image is a sign from Minnesota and is IDENTICAL to the ones in California. They are placed very conspicuously on all the on and off ramps.

Here is the signs placed on the side of the freeways at regular intervals.

Note that this is a sign on the 101 freeway southbound, the same freeway they blocked on the Golden Gate Bridge.

So ALL of the protestors on and or blocking a California freeway, were in fact doing so illegally, regardless of it being a protest or not. AND likewise for any other protest engaged upon any state freeway(except Oregon? only if they stayed off the roadway).

Municipal road laws? A whole different set of laws per region. But pretty much not my point.

YES THEY BROKE THE LAW
They ALL should have been at least fined and or some arrested if not obeying LEO orders to vacate the freeway.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If those police weren't murdered in Dallas, during a Black Lives Matter protest, none of these BLM protests would be making the news. They wouldn't be a big either. Blocking a highway is just a stunt to draw more attention. If they had sat in the big field next to the highway, the protest wouldn't have been given any mention at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Should be able to run em over.
California penal code 197 on Justifiable Homicide...section 4
"Homicide is also justifiable when committed by any person in any of the following cases:
4. When necessarily committed in attempting, by lawful ways and means, to apprehend any person for any felony committed, or in lawfully suppressing any riot, or in lawfully keeping and preserving the peace." emphasis mine

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Every single time black lives matters or some protest involving african americans is marching or protesting, they end up linking arms, and blocking a highway. What the hell good does this do? its the dumbest thing i have seen from these protesting groups.

Shooting people in cold blood is okay, though...

Seems to be in Chicago. By BLM ignoring that fact, what that tells me is that it's OK to kill your own on purpose, but cops can't do the same by mistake.

BLM didn't form their movement because of police 'accidents'.

No, it was formed under false narratives of two high profile cases that were proven to be justified.

Also formed under the false pretense that black people are killed more frequently than anyone else by police.

But hey, go on defending them. It's your right, even when you're wrong.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

I'm defending their right to protest, just like you just did, mine.

But not really... huh?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

a reply to: LSU0408

If the nimrods work their way up to northwest Louisiana and are blocking a freeway when she goes into labor, I'm not stopping. If they're stupid enough to block a highway with cars coming and going then they deserve what they get.

You'd be the nimrod, ramming your vehicle into massed crowds of people with your pregnant wife on board.

Negative. Nimrods stand in the middle of a highway and risk being hit by traffic. I'll slow down but I'm not stopping. I wouldn't aim to hurt or kill anyone but I'm not stopping and taking the risk of losing my fiance and/or unborn child. Her life and my son's life is more important to me than any number of douchetards blocking a highway for attention and fabricated anger.

Of course you would hurt and kill. "Douchetards blocking a highway for attention and fabricated anger" So if something happend to your girl, that too would just be fabricated anger. Because I don't believe you would really care.

See how that works.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Every single time black lives matters or some protest involving african americans is marching or protesting, they end up linking arms, and blocking a highway. What the hell good does this do? its the dumbest thing i have seen from these protesting groups.

I'm not sure what "cold blood" is, but yes. A police officer is allowed to use deadly force if they believe their life is in jeopardy or if another's is in jeopardy. It is part of their job and on occasion, they make mistakes. It is a sad fact that police have to be allowed to kill people but the reason they have to be allowed to kill people is that the people are often trying to kill them. They are allowed to stop that if they believe that is about to happen. Unless the whole of the people decide to become nice and a non-danger, then the police would be able to simply carry batons or something. So with that said, it isn't very smart to say you have a gun and then reach for something. Growing up, the standard rule when stopped by police was to wait for the officer to approach your care, ask why you have been stopped keeping your hands in sight all the time and only reaching for your information when told to do so by the officer. Even then, it was normal to reach slowly and carefully so the officer knew they were not in danger.

Today...idiots like to give the officers crap. Curse them, give them an attitude, etc. Sometimes I'm sure, people try to bait the officer. That isn't very smart when dealing with a person that is legally allowed to shoot you if you appear to threaten them.

So...in brief and with many exceptions...we the people have become total assholes (or at least some of us have) and the police have little choice but to decide that they are dealing with assholes. So congratulations. We have made this situation worse than it was in the past. Add to that the threat that BLM, Obama, etc. put on the police. BLM says (chants) they want police dead (by the way...most of BLM is black), a shooter killed a bunch of police (by the way...he was black), the president wines and dines BLM and ignores the police (by the way...he is black) and the police fear for their lives but still have to do their jobs. So we have made their walk to our pulled over car scary and more dangerous and they are on edge.

Again...a scary situation we have FORCED the police into by us being a bunch of flaming asses.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So...in brief and with many exceptions...we the people have become total assholes (or at least some of us have) and the police have little choice but to decide that they are dealing with assholes. So congratulations. We have made this situation worse than it was in the past. Add to that the threat that BLM, Obama, etc. put on the police. BLM says (chants) they want police dead (by the way...most of BLM is black), a shooter killed a bunch of police (by the way...he was black), the president wines and dines BLM and ignores the police (by the way...he is black) and the police fear for their lives but still have to do their jobs. So we have made their walk to our pulled over car scary and more dangerous and they are on edge.

Obama went to Dallas today. he should go to Minnesota and (wherever else) theres death at the hands of police too.

Most people, like cops, are not assholes, both should be held accountable.

If C4 explosive is to be used to execute cop killers, shouldn't the same thing happen to killer cops?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Was reading today about a kid that had a medical emergency and they had to treat him on the spot because BLM protesters would not unblock the road. Saving my kids life would be well worth going to prison for, foot to the floor. If the situation was reversed and another group did that to them while a loved one needed help and they passed away. They would be kicking and screaming all over the news and setting up Gofund me pages.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It's a simple show of force. An implication that they have numbers in their movement sufficient to impede commerce, after a fashion hold the commercial industry hostage in order to hold leverage for the implementation of their demands.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
In my opinion preventing people from going to work is a big reason for protesters to form a block. Every time someone is unable to go and be a wage slave for a day the state takes a hit. Create enough of these hits and the state should either have no choice but to listen to you or send in 'The Boys' to clear you away.

I'm by no means saying that this is a good thing, there are many bad consequences like the fact ambulances will now need to find an alternate, perhaps longer route on the way to save someone's life. But there can be many positive effects as well when applied at the right place and right time.

An example of a time when it has been done well on multiple occasions would be during the Ukraine revolution in 2014 against a pretty oppressive government.

I personally however lean more towards the argument that this protest is not the right time to use that tactic.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Yes, gang violence is wrong and should be a hate crime with selling drugs to children a crime against humanity.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Way not match in high crime neighborhoods to stop all violence. Cause it is safer to march against those raciest murdering SOBs?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I think it has the opisit effect that's it's intended to yes. I understand the need to garner attention but I think the same thing could be accomplished protesting at thr city offices or even thr police department. Seems this strategy is almost designed to turn people away from their cause and that perplexes me.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Obama went to Dallas today. he should go to Minnesota and (wherever else) theres death at the hands of police too.

If C4 explosive is to be used to execute cop killers, shouldn't the same thing happen to killer cops?

There is half a million officers in law enforcement. In 2015 just over 1100 died by officers if I remember corectly. Statiscally speeking around 60 percent will be white. Then Hispanic leaving soewhere around 30 pwrcent are black. This would mean around 350 blacks were shot by police in 2015. When you look at the numbers I just don't see thus killer cop thing since even assuming half of those thr suspects shot at them leaves what 150to say 180 or so. So even if all those were bad shooting we have 150 bad cops out of 100s of thousands.

Ps anybody want to look at what the death toll for bee stings are a year I'm betting they are close.
edit on 7/14/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

There is half a million officers in law enforcement. In 2015 just over 1100 died by officers if I remember corectly. Statiscally speeking around 60 percent will be white. Then Hispanic leaving soewhere around 30 pwrcent are black. This would mean around 350 blacks were shot by police in 2015. When you look at the numbers I just don't see thus killer cop thing since even assuming half of those thr suspects shot at them leaves what 150to say 180 or so. So even if all those were bad shooting we have 150 bad cops out of 100s of thousands.

Ps anybody want to look at what the death toll for bee stings are a year I'm betting they are close.

This seems to show that in the US 40 people are killed by Bee stings. But 293 died from having a TV, appliance or other piece of furniture land on them.

www.allgov.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
because people are stupid, dumb muthaf***ers, like George Carlin says..

You mean said.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join