It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond/Lavish Reynolds Smoking Weed with Daughter in the Car, 4th of July (VID)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Like I said, doesn't matter. Are you trying to make this woman's life even worse by having her child taken from her or something?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

So you just happened to want to start a thread on the dangers of people smoking in front of kids but just happened to use the person who recently became a victim of police brutality? Rubbish.

Victim demonisation is the only intent of this story. Sorry.

link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I put " it doesn't matter what it is" that would encompass cigarettes, I believe.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
At least it wasn't a cigarette or a cigar.

My cigars are not bad for me, I learned from an expert who formerly resided in the White House on how to properly smoke them without fear of health issues.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I completely agree, and get outraged when I see people smoking with their kids in the car (or their pets for that matter). Even if they ONLY smoke when the kids aren't in the car, the residue that sticks to the interior (or their clothes, hair, etc.) is actually the most harmful - 3rd hand smoke is worse than 2nd hand or 1st hand (from what I've heard).

However some places are enacting laws to prevent this

Since 2006, several communities, four states, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico have enacted laws to prevent smoking in cars when children are present.

www.no-smoke.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well that's because you sound like a piece of trash. Smoking pot around kids not only delays them cognitively but can also give males gynecomastia. I don't think either one of them deserved to die for the record.
edit on 11-7-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

link   
FamCore

Well, if she is as neglected as you would have us believe, she still loves her mom a great deal and has the ability to show a great amount of empathy. As we heard in the video wherein Castile bleeds to death in front of her . She says, paraphrasing, : "don't worry, mom, I'm here with you." When her mother begins lamenting her boyfriend being shot. Kid's got a good head on her shoulders .

link   

Parents are the ultimate authority on their children, imho.

It's sad to see parents smoke, drink around their kids, but where is the line between nanny-state dictating what a parent can do and a parent having the responsibility to raise their children as they see fit?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Actually, no it is not the intent of this story whatsoever. I went out of my way to make it clear that this video/issue should be looked at from an entirely separate lens than the Philando shooting case.

I think it is amazing that so many here on ATS want to view things as so black and white, all or nothing.

I am an advocate for underdogs in society, including kids who don't have responsible role models in their lives. I was hoping this would be a discussion about parenting, not neglecting kids, and using common sense. But everyone is so emotionally worked up because this particular video include people from recent police killings.

Mods can delete this thread if they'd like, it's already gone off the rails because everyone has a knee-jerk reaction and declares that this is "victim blaming". That's just not the case, if there were an online polygraph test to prove it, by all means I would take it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
avgguy

Well that's because you sound like a piece of trash.

When the argument is lost, resort to ad hominem!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree, we can't go asking for "more laws" etc. and then complain that we live in an Orwellian society. But my 2 cents here is, this woman had the audacity to film it and post it somewhere publicly for people to see. For that, and the evidence in the video showing blatant neglect of her toddler child, she should have SOME sort of wake up call and hopefully others will also learn from her lack of common sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

There's no argument, if you think it's ok to smoke anything with your kid trapped in the car with you then you're trash. Simple as that. They can't consent to your awful life choices, so they shouldn't be subjected to them.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Whether she filmed it or not, doesn't change the fact that she did it.

Her filming things is an entirely another issue.

I think the key question should be, how much freedom do we allow parents, in raising their children?

I've seen threads where people have called abuse for children raised in Christian homes.

When do we, as a society, start punishing parents for raising their children poorly?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well that's because you sound like a piece of trash. Smoking pot around kids not only delays them cognitively but can also give males gynecomastia. I don't think either one of them deserved to die for the record.

Read my signature and get right with it. I don't care what you think of me or if my opinion offends you. This thread is a silly waste of time.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

blatant neglect

Nah. I see a 4th of July party at a park, boxes of fireworks for later, probably a BBQ grill going, sodas, fruit salads, etc., and a parent sneaking off into her car to toke, her child in tow. Something I've "seen" thousands of times. Better she took her child with her than left her alone in a great big crowded public park on a holiday, to get stoned.

We need to choose our outrage and pick our fights. This one isn't worthy. There's plenty of real child neglect to worry about.

edit on 11-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What does their poor parenting skills have to do with the unrelated police encounter?

Maybe that poor decisions can carry over from event to event? Her judgment?

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Interesting - you should do a thread on Cigars (perhaps in a similar format as your Cocktails thread?). I'd love to hear more about that.

I did want to include this though

All cigar and cigarette smokers, whether or not they inhale, directly expose their lips, mouth, tongue, throat, and larynx to smoke and its toxic and cancer-causing chemicals. In addition, when saliva containing the chemicals in tobacco smoke is swallowed, the esophagus is exposed to carcinogens.

www.cancer.gov...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Maybe that poor decisions can carry over from event to event? Her judgment?

I fail to see how her judgement impacted the eventual shooting incident. Even the Original Poster stated that they are unrelated.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Interesting - you should do a thread on Cigars (perhaps in a similar format as your Cocktails thread?). I'd love to hear more about that.

I thought about it but I do not think it would be even remotely as well received.

I could partner up with Krazysh0t and do one where he turns my sweet, sweet Cubans into blunts.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

I think the fact that the toddler was a witness to the murder of someone they knew would be slightly more life changing than 2nd hand smoke.
Can't let a good chance for hyperbole to go wasted though, huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join