It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can music be 'too feminine' for men?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If it's fun and the person enjoys it then what's wrong with that?

You are absolutely determined to take the right-on political stance about every single thing, aren’t you. Don’t you ever deviate from liberal orthodoxy?

You use it to augment your emotions and feel something from it.

That may be how you use music, lad. It isn’t how I ‘use’ music — indeed, I don’t use it, it uses me. People interact with music very differently.

The above quote indicates to me that you don’t really love music or understand how it works. You’re a ‘music user’ — ugh.

Moreover, it is clear from your ‘music is music’ quote that you don’t understand how the music industry works either.

Sady, it appears that the thought of sexual differences in anything but actual genitalia causes you enough distress to make you abandon your celebrated logic and common sense — and go against what must surely be the personal experience of a lifetime — in order to pretend they don’t exist.

You’re not coming at this with any love or understanding of music; just making political statements.

Oh, and. If a grown man plays with Barbie dolls while listening to Justin Blieber, then, my argumentative friend, there is something very wrong with him indeed. And if you can’t see that, there just may be something wrong with you, too.

edit on 13/7/16 by Astyanax because: bless you, darlings!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It doesn't make much sense unless you take the lyrics, sound effects, style of the singing, etc. into account as being part of the music.

That’s all part of the music. Your brain takes it into account whether you want it to or not.

And yes, it is designed to appeal to different sexes. Because it is very well established — in the real world, where ATS people rarely go — that men and women like different kinds of music.

It does not take scientific genius to realize this. All one has to do is listen to the mobile phone ringtones men and women choose for themselves. Voila, sexual differences in music.

Of course, the keyboard commandos of ATS won’t accept even the bleeding obvious without a citation, so, in order of authoritativeness...

NY Times article about sexual differences in music appreciation.

Wikipedia on ‘gender’ differences in music preference, including the significant fact that men want more bass than women.

An entire scientific paper on factors impacting on music preference, one of which is ‘gender’

edit on 13/7/16 by Astyanax because: hardly worth the trouble, really.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Alright if you are going to insult me over my tastes and how I enjoy music then we can just stop talking. I was just trying to be friendly here, but if you are going to be an ass then we are done here.

<< 1  2   >>

join