It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Effects Of Super-Strength Cannabis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
But the op is correct in a way super skunk and kids don't mix just like booze but when the brain has all grown up hey much safer.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

One thing that really doesn't mix is adults who sleep late in the morning when little kids get up. Hungry, so they go look and . . . fudge. When the first adult did eventually wake up from his cannabis products assisted sleep, he saw first the fudge had been eaten, enough for several adults, then realised the kid was missing. He panicked. She could be anywhere.

Fearing the worst, and expecting a mortifying search of the site, which even if 100% successful would shame them forever as irresponsible parents, he flung open the door of the bus. Search over. She was flat out unconscious face down just outside the door. Who knows what long term effects such experiences bring.

Tasty cannabis products invite overdoses.

On the subject of long term effects through consumption of extra large doses. My friends got raided, so they threw a large block of hash into the pigpen where one of the pigs immediately scoffed the lot. They could never send that pig for slaughter. Because in their words, "He became human after that. He was never a pig again".

Pigs being similar to humans I submit the above anecdote as legitimate scientific study.

A big overdose in a non-user can create permanent change. Stronger, easier to consume, and in the case of commercial products, attractively packaged treats, greatly increase the chances of accidental overdose by the vulnerable.

edit on 11 7 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 11 7 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

This super-strength stuff doesn't help us advance as a species.

It depends on how you look at it, I guess. Sounds like someone just won the Darwin Award. No loss.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

"Tasty cannabis products invite overdoses"

You cannot OD on weed, concentrates, edibles or anything like that. Weed is so non-toxic to your body that you've have to smoke several kilos of it all to yourself, within a 15 minute period (or something like that) to even get close to it killing you. Sure, too much will make you sick, often called a whitey here in the UK because of how the colour drains from your face, but that won't kill you, or leave you with any lasting damage. Anything that says otherwise is outright lying or bending the truth.

Where are you getting all this information from? It all sounds very one-sided and negative to me ##SNIPPED##

Rev

edit on 11/7/2016 by revmoofoo because: ETA

edit on Mon Jul 11 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The title of your post is very misleading, and I'm wondering if you changed the title or if the site changed the title after you posted. Either way, the article is about the risks of manufacturing cannabis oil in a specific manner... not cannabis itself, much less any super-strength cannabis.

There is a much less dangerous way to make cannabis oil -- with coconut oil in a regular oven at very low heat with minimal risk. (And that risk is the same any time one uses an oven). Education is the key.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This all falls under the scope of "Be responsible you #wits." Keeping substances bad for children out of their reach is pretty much rule #1 in parenting. Just like you can have the occasional beer or glass of wine after the kids go to bed and not be an asshole parent, you can also smoke a little after bedtime and still be a good parent.

Some people think oil and concentrates are for "hardcore" smokers, but there are plenty of ways that concentrates are a more socially acceptable form of smoking. Using a vape pen you can get all the effects you need from a small puff without the lingering smoke and telltale smell. Ever been to the movies and thought "Ugh, these assholes reed of weed?" Easily rectified with quick pen hit before going in the theater. Not a big drinker but having problems dealing with your in-laws at thanksgiving? Pen hit.

On the negative side... I have seen two people have psychotic episodes from trying to do huge dabs with a dabbing rig on separate occasions (It's extremely difficult to get too big of a hit using a vape pen) so even though you can't "die" from it, you can't just be pouring THC into your bloodstream willy-nilly, it's not completely harmless.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

1930's anti-pot propaganda doesn't work in this day and age anymore.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Funny how little positive information any of you are putting in here in spite of the open opportunity. Go on, surprise yourselves, think of a positive aspect, add your recipes and anecdotes, whatever.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I would stRt Thomas I influence on Thai ari cl or Jamaican maybe a vit decent has. Much less harmful on the brain so professor told me. A fine man who was a got,er drug tzar

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Oh and look up the high CBD strain, Charlotte's Web and see all the good it have done for really sick children.

Rev

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You want me to link you to sites that go over the many virtues of marijuana? Because I will. I just didn't deem to argue seriously with someone who wants to base his whole arguments on flimsy anecdotes and false correlations.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Responsible for every individual under your roof 24 hours a day for as long as children may be present. Guess what, before you know it it's grandchildren.

So yeah. As a grandparent I say this idea you can be responsible for the actions of every person under your roof 24 hours a day permanently is total tosh. If you manage it you must be superman/woman. Or a brutal dictator.

There's a breed of 'hippy', for want of a better word, entrepreneur who is as ruthless as an oil baron. They don't want you planting some nice mellow weed in every available space because they want to sell you prepared substances accompanied by a load of total bollocks sales talk. We've seen it with the fake renewable energy products and we're seeing it with the cannabis obsessives.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Do you think there isn't a day goes by . . .Oh, Terms and Conditions.

And do you think I could contain the immense rage I feel as someone affected every day by the fallout of False Flag Terror, (Sydney Hilton) if I didn't . . .Oh, Terms and Conditions.

Wake yourself up man. The fat controllers have bred super weeds to wipe out the kids brain cells. Overuse is being encouraged for social control. Nicely packaged consumer products are there to spin the money/debt wheel.

Buy seeds and stop listening to the bollocks sales talk.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

CBD good. If you get quality stuff. Much crap about. 'Hippy' entrepreneurs.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

Link it. I'm too busy with grandkids. Over and out.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

This whole post makes perfect sense now.

I'd expect a grandparent to be old enough and wise enough to research this topic with the vigour and attention that comes with age and experience. To do anything less is such a disservice to your obvious intelligence.

If you do not have time to do a 3 word goggle search, but you can reply to people, then you're really not trying to deny ignorance here, are you?

Is that not the motto of our beloved ATS?

Rev

edit on 11/7/2016 by revmoofoo because: ETA - Spelling like a fool

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You are delirious. Super weed couldn't even HOPE to do what you are suggesting. YOU need to wake up. Marijuana is a FAR safer and better alternative to opiates for pain. PLUS it's benefits largely outweigh its negatives. Oh and let's not forget that two of the most destructive and harmful substances (tobacco and alcohol) are already legal. So don't give me some made up sob story about "they" trying to kill off our children with super weed. *eyeroll* This is like grade school level conspiracy theory here...

Pull your head out of the conspiracy theory rabbit hole and take a breather for a little while. The paranoia is affecting your rationality.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hippies? or rednecks?

Moonshine still explodes in Athens, 3 men burned

ATHENS -- Three men suffered burns when a moonshine still exploded inside a brick garage at a residence in Athens.

Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely said the men were making home-made wine in a 25-gallon still when it blew up Saturday night and splashed them with hot mash. A juvenile was at the home but not seriously injured.

Blakely said the three men sought treatment at an Athens hospital, where doctors thought the injuries were odd and called the sheriff's office.

Investigator Randy Burroughs said the owner of the house, Doug Powers, lost part of his finger earlier while using a potato grinder. He suffered 3rd degree burns in the explosion and was transferred to UAB Hospital's burn unit.

source

No cannabis was involved, but stupidity was the cause!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join