It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Babylon; the Harlot and the Antichrist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

And didn't Jesus call Peter Satan?

Please tell me where you got that at. And dont say my neighbor told me so.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Matthew 16:22

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Bleeeeep

And didn't Jesus call Peter Satan?

Please tell me where you got that at. And dont say my neighbor told me so.

no its in the bible when jesus was going to be arrested peter had said that they would fight to the death to protect him or something and he was like " Get behind me satan , you are not thinking like god but of the minds of men."

if it wasnt peter it was one of his other disciples then,

something along those lines.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

edit on 7/11/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/11/16 by Gothmog because: deleting as I was thinking of the same phrase that came later

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with biblical speculation at all.

But I can't help notice that Christians think that the Catholic Church is the beast, the whore, Babylon etc.

But doesn't it seem hypocritical to bash the church that made/finalized the Bible, and preach the Bible at the same time?

Because if you don't have Catholicism you never have Christianity or any of the splinters of the Messianic movements that it violently persecuted in the bid to wipe out competition.

Including the first disciples descendants.

So if the Catholic Church is Babylon so is Christianity and the Bible.

link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Peace

edit on 7/11/16 by Gothmog because: deleting as I was thinking of the same phrase that came later

link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Somebody else has already give the true reference. Matthew ch16 v22. Caesarea Philippi.
Jesus said to Peter "Get thee behind me, satan". He was calling Peter a satan (that is, a tempter), because Peter was unconsciously trying to persuade him to do the wrong thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I hope that was not the reply to me. That verse is where Jesus tells Peter he would deny Jesus 3 times before the cock crowed.(meaning the morning) That was Peter's response to Jesus that he would never deny him. But Peter did as it was meant to be. Probably saved Peter the same fate on the Cross.
And this coming from someone not associated with any church
Peace

No, it's not. It's where Jesus calls Peter a satan.

To wit:

22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
I have to back up on that one. Been a long night at work . Jesus was stating that Satan was using Peter to dissuade him from fulfilling his mission on Earth
Thanks for bringing me back awake. And I apologize

edit on 7/11/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Published on Mar 17, 2016 Learn more about the history of the Vatican led new world order as it pertains to history, modern times and what's going on in the news today. From knights templars, jesuits, freemasonry right down to the illuminati people speak of today. Also deals with the protestant reformation and the response from the Catholic church sometimes called the counter-reformation.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

This time I have to default to my favorite George Carlin quote , and outta here

Not a problem.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Read my edited post.
Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I have to back up on that one. Been a long night at work . Jesus was stating that Satan was using Peter to dissuade him from fulfilling his mission on Earth

good way to admitting to loosing an argument.

more people should be like that instead of resorting to name calling and other personal attacks

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Also I don't think Jesus was calling Peter a satan or The Satan, I think it is a metaphor and all he was doing was making a point.

Peter didn't actually do anything wrong that he should be called a satan.

He was a friend, not an adversary of Jesus and the Rock of the church.

Peter probably did more to bring the Gospel to the Romans and even converted the Flavian Clement of Rome who was huge in the early church and pretty much forgotten about today.

But the fact is Peter was his Apostle and Clement his appointed successor and a boon to the Nazarene Church.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro

more people should be like that instead of resorting to name calling and other personal attacks

I have had a long , rough night at work (even though I work from home)
I offer apologies to everyone as I had forgotten the first time that phrase was used and only remembered the second
The time you were speaking of , Jesus was not calling Peter as Satan , it was calling out Satan for using Peter's love for Jesus to try to dissuade Jesus from following through with what had to happen.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro

I have had a long , rough night at work (even though I work from home)
I offer apologies to everyone as I had forgotten the first time that phrase was used and only remembered the second
The time you were speaking of , Jesus was not calling Peter as Satan , it was calling out Satan for using Peter's love for Jesus to try to dissuade Jesus from following through with what had to happen.

i just barely remembered the saying myself, the bible is a big book and im still very young compared to average ats member so i havent gotten to study it as hardcore as other believers out there.

im not the member that brought the phrase into the thread so i will continue to go back to posting other things that relate to the topic in this thread.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Published on Nov 13, 2015 EX-Catholic Mike Gendron: www.proclaimingthegospel.org... SATAN'S MASTERPIECE - THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH www.youtube.com... The Antichrist Vatican, has made a different Jesus ! who is the Babylonian sun god nimrod. The Popes don't worship God (The Creator) !! they worship Nimrod the Babylonian sun God. Revelation 17:5 "And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." The Roman Catholic church is the whore of Revelation 17. COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE !! Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. To all my catholic fellow believers, I ask you in Jesus name to leave the evil Roman Catholic Church. Stop worshiping Mary ( Semiramis ), Nimrod, and the Pope. just come to Jesus Christ !! he is the only way to God the father. John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Published on Dec 18, 2013 John 17:17, Dave Hunt about the Roman Catholic church, the pope. FAIR USE NOTICE: This video's may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes only.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Also, some man on the earth is scathed in Scripture for sitting between the cherubims wings on a gold throne and wishing to be called god on earth.........

then the scripture states what God is going to do to him and his fleet in front of everybody......it's not good
edit on 11-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join