It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Babylon; the Harlot and the Antichrist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I read the bible for myself and before we all get ahead of ourselves this is for entertainment purposes on abovetopsecret.com,

The following thread features various quotes from the bible and pictures found on the internet of what some people believe that the vatican or of the catholic, or universal, church is really mystery babylon. Martin luther during the reformation had believed that the pope at the current time was in fact, the antichrist.

When Emperor Constantine(325AD) wanted to Unite Rome, he simply Fused paganism with christianity to appease both pagan/christian communities.

Published on Oct 14, 2013 The name Vatican dates back to long time before Christianity occurred, back to the Etruscan people who lived there from the 8th to the 5th century B.C. (c. 450 B.C.). Vaticanus was one of the many deities the Etruscans worshiped, and his temple was built on Vaticanum, today more common known as Vatican Hill and headquarter of the Roman Catholic Church Majority of the Vatican Hill was once a large ancient pagan necropolis (large cemetery). The word necropolis is derived from Greek nekropolis, literally meaning "city of the dead". The Vatican is as the most complete melting pot of paganism hence the most hypocritical and blaspheme place on Earth. The Jesuit Order, in short called Jesuits, is the militant and govern section and makes Vatican also the most powerful institution and top controller of secret societies, international banking system, imperialistic and propaganda justified

the word pope means father, and in the bible jesus says to call noone on earth father for you have but one father and he is in heaven.
revelation was supposedly written in the greek and the word "antichrist" in greek means in the place of christ.
The popes Latin title is Vicarius Filii Dei, which translates to "Substitute for the Son of God."

The bible also says there will be many antichrists, just as there has been many popes.

Thus by very definition the pope is the antichrist.

Vatican Secret Access Documentary shows the power of the Vatican church and its rise to world domination. This is a secular documentary and it clearly demonstrates that this power is fulfilling bible prophecy. Soon to control the NWO

in the bible it says "This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits."
in the footnotes of the NIV it says 7 hills: of rome.

The vatican has been known as the city of seven hills for a long time.

edit on 11-7-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
So who is the Harlet and the anti christ's ?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro
Martin Luther missed one crucial point here; the Harlot rests on the support of the Beast, the same Beast which later attacks her.
Therefore no entity can be both at the same time. He should have stuck to one theory or the other.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Martin Luther missed one crucial point here; the Harlot rests on the support of the Beast, the same Beast which later attacks her.
Therefore no entity can be both at the same time. He should have stuck to one theory or the other.

exactly the vatican uses the world as a puppet that when they finally figure out that the vatican was mystery babylon it will turn on it

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
My point being that the "Beast" is the same ch13 figure who is usually identified as "antichrist" (someone will come in and point out that Revelation doesn't use the word).
So the Vatican cannot be both the Harlot and the antichrist, because these are two different things. One or the other (or neither), not both.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

My point being that the "Beast" is the same ch13 figure who is usually identified as "antichrist" (someone will come in and point out that Revelation doesn't use the word).
So the Vatican cannot be both the Harlot and the antichrist, because these are two different things. One or the other (or neither), not both.

no o the vatican is the harlot and the POPE is the antichrist

what i mean is that the popes title fits the greek definition of antichrist,

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro

Remember. still, that the antichrist is also the Beast (see ch13).
So you are positing that
a) At the beginning of ch17 the Vatican rests on the support of the Pope.
b) At the end of ch17 the Pope and the ten kings, between them, turn against and destroy the Vatican.

I still think that the whole picture makes more sense if the antichrist/Beast is identified as a political entity.
The religious entity rests on the support of that, and is later destroyed by it.

edit on 11-7-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro

Remember. still, that the antichrist is also the Beast (see ch13).
So you are positing that
a) At the beginning of ch17 the Vatican rests on the support of the Pope.
b) At rhe end of ch17 the Pope and the ten kings, between them, turn against and destroy the Vatican.

I still think that the whole picture makes more sense if the antichrist/Beast is identified as a political entity.
The religious entity rests on the support of that, and is later destroyed by it.

i dont think i have the same understanding of revelation as you do but what im saying is that the harlot is a church and itis a mother of harlots which means the many denominations that have branched off of the catholics

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

if you wanted to be a christain but the voice of the egyptian goddess isis came to you like whispers in the ear what would you do?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I concede that as one possibility.
I just don't see the necessity of bringing in "antichrist" at the same time.
I think Martin Luther's enthusiasm in hostility succeeded in muddying up the picture. He should have stuck with "Harlot".

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I concede that as one possibility.
I just don't see the necessity of bringing in "antichrist" at the same time.
I think Martin Luther's enthusiasm in hostility succeeded in muddying up the picture. He should have stuck with "Harlot".

i only bring it up because i had never made the connection of the beast with the anti christ, to me those are two separate things. the beast is the military power of the united nations in my eyes.

The popes latin title litterally means anti christ in the greek and i associate the pope obviously with the vatican who i think is the harlot. i just think they are shadier than the mafia

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
If you look over ch13, it describes two Beasts, one from the sea and one from the land. Most people regard one or the other as the antichrist. The second one is the spokesman for the first, and when they are thrown into the fire later they are called "the Beast and the false prophet". To me the picture makes most sense on the assumption that the first is a political state (modelled on the beasts from the sea in Daniel), and the second is the leader and mouthpiece of the same state. The Nazi state and Adolf Hitler would make a good analogy.
If you think the first Beast is the United Nations, the antichrist would be someone at the head of the United Nations. The two beasts decidedly go together.

The Harlot, I believe, rests on the support of this political structure until it turns against her.

VICARIUS is used as "deputy". That is why many Church of England ministers are called Vicars.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

If you look over ch13, it describes two Beasts, one from the sea and one from the land. Most people regard one or the other as the antichrist. The second one is the spokesman for the first, and when they are thrown into the fire later they are called "the Beast and the false prophet". To me the picture makes most sense on the assumption that the first is a political state (modelled on the beasts from the sea in Daniel), and the second is the leader and mouthpiece of the same state. The Nazi state and Adolf Hitler would make a good analogy.

The Harlot, I believe, rests on the support of this political structure until it turns against her.

VICARIUS is used as "deputy". That is why many Church of England ministers are called Vicars.

i just dont see any miraculous things happening around the vatican like i have witnessed within my own life.
like i said its all for entertainment purposes and i dont want to get too ahead of myself, i just intend to provoke a little critical thinking.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I'm not defending the Vatican or criticising you. I just think that Martin Luther muddied the waters by failing to make the distinction.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It actually does kind of fit.

Mystery Babylon was known for/as false doctrine, right?

And didn't Jesus call Peter Satan?

Pope(s) or Vatican = antichrist?

The doctrine = the harlot?

Who is the false prophet? Maybe the Pope?

edit on 7/11/2016 by Bleeeeep because: typo

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

like dont take me too seriously i am just in imagination land for all i know the church could be legit and the popes could of been great guys i never knew them so i couldnt say. i can only look at what the internet tells me about certain topics of history that i want to learn about and they had this thing called the inquisition where they tortured to death so many people and burned them at the stake and stuff.

I havent seen anything good come from them and ive only heard about evil.

NOW ON THE COMPLETE OTHER HAND i see the average american catholic and they are always helping the homeless and actually do right by my standards of morals and ethics so by no means am i condemning an entire religion but only a part of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

i had made another thread where i thought jerusalem was the harlot and that it also sits on seven mountains and i thought that the only reason there would need to be a new jerusalem come down from heaven would be because jerusalem was the harlot.

My only religious experiences i have had so far personally are with the egyptian gods and i cannot validate the existence of the christ jesus himself has never come to me neither have any of the saints but on one hand i want to believe that the plagues of ancient egypt were from god against the egyptians gods as welll as i want to believe that christianity has borrowed from the ancient egyptian mystery religions.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

the vaticans stance on the book of revelation is that it has already come to completion in the past and that they are all talking about ancient rome and etc.

but where is the new heaven and new earth ?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
all i want to do is follow the law of the prophets and do unto others as i would have done to me,
i would have someone accuse me of being a biblical character if they presented their case, i would confirm or deny it at least.

there had been a quote by a previous pope who said that he was god. so, i have never had a religious experience with anything to do with the catholic church. i would like to pray for an experience to enlighten me so my own heart does not lead me astray because the heart is deceitful above all things.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

"Do as you would be done by" is a pagan belief e.g. if it harms none do it. So you can see where the ethos of religion gets intertwined - except that Pagans celebrate life and its foibles without harming others so no real need for commandments from some god whilst the desert religions make people suffer with the consciences and believing that some god is spying on their every thought and action. However we mustn't forge4t the role of the priest in the desert religions who lives off others merrily and busybodies in their lives etc and makes up rules to protect himself and his role.

In short the only difference is that one lot celebrate and the other like to suffer. Both strive for promotion though and cope in the world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join