It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, Which one is correct then?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaathSader
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Paul who?

HEY EVERYONE, look he just said he studies the Bible and is very knowledgable of it, though not a Christian and now asks who is Paul.

originally posted by: DaathSader I also am not a christian, but I do study the Bible intensely because I don't think it is even a Christian book but a book for people from all walks of life that is ancient and has no religion attached to it.

Why the Apostle to the GENTILES of course.

edit on 10-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Romans 10:12

12 For there is no distinction between Jew or Gentile.

So if you are done being childish, who is being divided?
edit on 10-7-2016 by DaathSader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

a reply to: In4ormant

Ok I get it, you don't like my thoughts.

Nothing personal dude, I get my thoughts and you get yours. No need to be an instigator you ask questions and insult when answered, or if not answered.

So I think we are done.

Your thoughts don't offend me, your inability to defend your statements when asked to do so does.You came on this thread spouting ideas and declaring them right. You are entitled to your viewpoints but if your going to blast them on a forum you might want to get used to backing them up.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DaathSaderAnd who wrote Romans?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DaathSader

let me show you what jesus said,

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Racist division.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Paul who?

HEY EVERYONE, look he just said he studies the Bible and is very knowledgable of it, though not a Christian and now asks who is Paul.

originally posted by: DaathSader I also am not a christian, but I do study the Bible intensely because I don't think it is even a Christian book but a book for people from all walks of life that is ancient and has no religion attached to it.

Why the Apostle to the GENTILES of course.

Hey look everyone a grown man and Christian harrassingly making fun of someone.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Romans 10:12

12 For there is no distinction between Jew or Gentile.

So if you are done being childish, who is being divided?

In sin before God there is no distinction. Quit cherry picking.
edit on 10-7-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant
Amen brother!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yes, early in his ministry.

Later he said"Make disciples of ALL NATIONS.

Don't start at the beginning of the story and pretend that he didn't later on give a different instruction.

Because he did.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
the command to go to all nations was to the twelve. You forgot to ask WHO he was speaking too. Which goes against the commandment giventhe church

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

And they never went past Antioch Ceasarea. god had to Call Paul and send him after The Jews fully rejected God at the stoning of Stephen

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yes, early in his ministry.

Later he said"Make disciples of ALL NATIONS.

Don't start at the beginning of the story and pretend that he didn't later on give a different instruction.

Because he did.

He's not pretending anything.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Is all of this you harassing me because you don't have the answer to my question of:

How do you rightly divide the word of truth?

Because you never answerd, made fun of me and continue to make fun.

I get the idea. You have no idea what you're talking about because nobody divides the word of truth.

That isn't a real thing. And what kind of Christian are you? The type who points and laughs at people who ask questions?

That is weird. I just wanted to know what you meant and now I am being made fun of for it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Is all of this you harassing me because you don't have the answer to my question of:

I get the idea. You have no idea what you're talking about because nobody divides the word of truth.

That isn't a real thing. And what kind of Christian are you? The type who points and laughs at people who ask questions?

That is weird. I just wanted to know what you meant and now I am being made fun of for it.

I'm not laughing at you. I'm curious as to why you won't back up any of your statements.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We already told you but you failed to listen.

How does God divide his word? Historical, prophetical, wisdom, gospels, Church writings, Proverbs, Psalams.

Church of God, Jews and Gentiles.

Who, what, when, where, why, which and how.

Comparing scripture to scripture as the Holy Ghost does.

But for someone who claims to study the Bible you sure don't know how to study very well.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

I actually do have a great deal of knowledge of the contents in the Bible which is why I only take it as allegory, because the writers weren't writing history that was how people taught back then.

I actually was thinking more of the OP. Sorry for the confusion. My bad. But the Bible, particularly the Old Testament, has a great deal of history in it. Even some of the mythology is history in disguise. For example, there really was a Great Flood. It didn't blanket the Earth. God didn't do it, and Noah didn't survive it in an Ark with all the animals. But there WAS a Great Flood, and to the people who endured and survived it, it sure felt like it blanketed the Earth. Rooted deeply in collective memory, the story has survived in many different iterations, down through history, and was recorded as a story in the Bible. It was as natural a disaster that could happen, but humans, being who they are, embellished it to the point that it isn't believed by any "rational" person, and believed as Gospel Truth by those who take everything at face value.

The same is true of Exodus. There was an "Exodus-like" event of some importance. Biblical scholars know this, and dismiss the biblical story as told as fantasy, even so far as to doubt the existence of Moses. And these are PhD theologians. I've met some of them who are more critical of the Bible than your garden-variety atheist--or ATS poster. The problem is, of course, attempting to separate fact from fancy. One noted theologian (You may have heard if him) Albert Schweitzer, said that not only do we not know exactly what happened (He was discussing the life of Jesus) we CANNOT know what actually happened. See: The Quest of the Historical Jesus, 1906.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So what you guys are gonna gang up on the non Christian and bully me with b.s. answers because I called out Christianity for what it is?

Cool. Does not bother me at all because it is you who are being jerks to me for absolutely nothing at all.

And you are mad because you know that there is no teaching in Christianity called dividing the Bible.

That is just not a real thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Zechariah would help. Dividing the word of truth isn't what you have yourself believing. Chester has explained it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
We already told you but you failed to listen.

How does God divide his word? Historical, prophetical, wisdom, gospels, Church writings, Proverbs, Psalams.

Church of God, Jews and Gentiles.

Who, what, when, where, why, which and how.

Comparing scripture to scripture as the Holy Ghost does.

But for someone who claims to study the Bible you sure don't know how to study very well.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

No you didn't. You are saying that you did, but didn't and can't and of coursr it's my fault.

But you didn't, haven't, done anything but send pretty harassing comments while thinking you are being righteous.

And in the process proven me correct.

Thanks. I'm done here.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DaathSadergo back and read my posts before you respond. though I clarified more in this response. Idid answer your question

The way that God rightly divides about people groups 1Cor 10:32, by using the who, what, when, where, why, which and how questions. Historical context must be kept in its own context.

Establishing what was doctrine for Israel in the OT and how it was for them in the four Gospel books.

But Gnosisisfaith you already have heard all this before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join