It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, Which one is correct then?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove

Is it the scripture that suggests, an eye for an eye...

Or is it the one that says, turn the other cheek...

Perhaps concepts of two or more different GODS?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

And which version is supposed to be correct? That is my point, it is all a crock.

If you believe that then why are you wasting your time with it?

Are you just wanting to belittle the beliefs of others?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

And which version is supposed to be correct? That is my point, it is all a crock.

You don't like free speech?

I don't find what the op is doing to be belittling anyone.

Is pointing out something contradictory in a religion that swears it is the one true religion on earth belittling?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and the proof is towards the negative for Christianity so they hate scrutiny because they know it doesn't add up.

Not the op's fault. You are even trying to belittle someone FOR belittling someone and don't even notice how silly it is to do such a thing with such a superior attitude.

lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
"Why so hostile?" ............. that is your version of hostile ? Are you one who when they have anyone disagree with you suggest the respondent is off their medication or some such liberal drivel ?. Your transparency is showing. I think you could get fifty answers and not like any of them, because I also believe that was not your purpose now was it.

Being this is your first day on ATS, your attack mode won't go un noticed by members here. You will in time learn decorum...... or not.....

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DaathSader

I asked a question of him. I didnt say anything about free speech. Weak strawman. He said it's all a crock. That's what I responded to.

If he feels it's all a crock then I wanted to know his motivation for spending the time on the subject.

Keep up
edit on 10-7-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: forthelove

i think you might enjoy this one...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaathSader

Is pointing out something contradictory in a religion that swears it is the one true religion on earth belittling?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and the proof is towards the negative for Christianity so they hate scrutiny because they know it doesn't add up.

Not the op's fault. You are even trying to belittle someone FOR belittling someone and don't even notice how silly it is to do such a thing with such a superior attitude.

lol.

Who is they?
What scrutiny?

I am a Christian and not sure why you believe I have to provide proof of anything.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

lol.

Who is they?
What scrutiny?

I am a Christian and not sure why you believe I have to provide proof of anything.

Scrutiny is when you examine something to determine if it is true. When you scrutinize Christianity from an unbiased perspective it doesn't stand up (to scrutiny).

I didn't ask you to prove anything I am saying that the proof doesn't exist.

I guarantee you would ask me to prove how it ISN'T true if I didn't type this though.

THEY always do (Christians), and offer as proof a book that has no corroboration.

And many contradictions.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Be cool to everyone.
Unless they piss on your rug.
Sometimes an ass whipping is in order.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Christianity isn't a new religion, it's about a relationship with Christ. Following Him, getting on your knees and seeking Him in prayer, communicating with Him. People started calling themselves Christians because it was originally a label put on them, that they were "little Christs". So people started wearing what was meant to be a mocking term as a badge of honor.

All religions are man made attempts either with rituals or secret knowledge to make themselves acceptable to God. Christianity is unique in that Jesus said God made us acceptable to Him through His Son. And we follow His Son in newness of life.

edit on 7 10 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
"Why so hostile?" ............. that is your version of hostile ? Are you one who when they have anyone disagree with you suggest the respondent is off their medication or some such liberal drivel ?. Your transparency is showing. I think you could get fifty answers and not like any of them, because I also believe that was not your purpose now was it.

Being this is your first day on ATS, your attack mode won't go un noticed by members here. You will in time learn decorum...... or not.....

I would say take your own advice and don't assume to know what type of person I am and that you are very hostile imo.

And look at what you wrote and tell me it isn't hostile.

Do what I would if I were you and ignore it.

But nothing bothers me.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

lol.

Who is they?
What scrutiny?

Scrutiny is when you examine something to determine if it is true. When you scrutinize Christianity from an unbiased perspective it doesn't stand up (to scrutiny).

I didn't ask you to prove anything I am saying that the proof doesn't exist.

I guarantee you would ask me to prove how it ISN'T true if I didn't type this though.

THEY always do (Christians), and offer as proof a book that has no corroboration.

And many contradictions.

You use the term "they" and imply "all" which is wrong. You "guarantee" I would ask you to do something as well.

What doesn't stand up? Elaborate

It doesn't seem like you need to discuss anything with anyone. You can predict the future and have lumped everyone together to corroborate your own responses.

Seems you could just talk to yourself and be done with it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

What are you even talking about?

I didn't say it was new today, just about 2000 years ago that a new religion was started based off of myths and lies.

And that the Biblical Jesus didn't start it.

And that is true, he didn't. He never even claimed he was a god, people make that claim, but he is clearly inferior to The Father so not a god.

And he says so himself that only God is good, so he can't be God because he said that when someone calls him good.

If only God is good and not even Jesus, according TO Jesus, safe to say he can't BE God.

If you are into logic that is.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

You prove it is true and then I will.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

So while you feel no need to prove anything, you are going to basically demand it from me?

No, doesn't work like that. You can believe whatever you want it is not my life I am just saying what I have figured for myself and equally don't feel I have to prove anything because the absence of proof is proof.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Only God is good=Jesus isn't good (his words)= Jesus is not God.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

YOU said it didn't stand up to scrutiny. I asked you to elaborate YOUR stated position. I didn't demand anything.

You seem to just enjoy denouncing religion.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Only God is good=Jesus isn't good (his words)= Jesus is not God.

Don't hurt yourself

link   
I suggest you start here, and welcome to ATS, you will find it anything from a mud pit to a gracious accommodating forum
www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to: DaathSader

link   
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...

Or at least partially..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join