It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNL, Predictive Programming, Numerology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This post might have no point at all.

I'm a cord cutter but the recent Dallas Shooting got me wanting live easy access local channels. Set up an OTA antenna. Haven't really had network television in 4 years.

I just watched the intro to SNL. It was a rerun from Valentines with Melissa McCarthy as the host. Her monologue consisted of a song about how she was officially a 5 time host. It got interrupted by Keenan in a big 5 costume telling McCarthy that she was actually the 4 and 1/16 host. Link

I've been slightly obsessed with the number 5 for several years now, I'm fairly certain it's got some real significance in our lives but I'm still putting together the pieces. Hell I even checked my phone right as I started writing this and it was 11:15.

Back to the point.. I got an odd feeling when I was watching this play out and I hopped on Google and searched "SNL Predictive Programming"

The first result was this. SNL Predictive Programming for 9/11 from March 2000

Starting around 4:40 was where it gets good and relevant to this post.

In one segment of Weekend Update they speak of

- Bush invading other countries to steal resources.
- New York Skyline showing the Twin Towers and NYPD badge.
- A picture and small anecdote about Osama Bin Laden.
- An unappealing story about Pakistan portraying them as largely barbaric.
- A story about a passenger jet crash where a man tried to take control, and even though he was subdued by the other passengers, it still crashed.

So now I'm not any further than I was before, only slightly more concerned that network television is screwing with our heads.

In that monologue from tonights SNL (once again, a rerun so I'm behind) I had a distinct feeling I was being ______. Programmed? Guided? Misled? Like there was a hidden message somewhere.

They have obviously done it before.

Thoughts on any of this? How do you spot it? Do you feel it when it happens? What methods do you take to investigate the matter? Where do you draw the line?

edit on 9-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If you feel like you were being guided or given some message, but have no idea where/what you were being guided to or what the message was, then it's a pretty ineffective means of guiding people or delivering messages...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
If you feel like you were being guided or given some message, but have no idea where/what you were being guided to or what the message was, then it's a pretty ineffective means of guiding people or delivering messages...

The detection or odd sense of subliminal messages and predictive programming is quite separate from understanding and comprehending their underlying meaning wouldn't you say?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Use the 4 and 1/16. Since it's after I guess the snl valentine's day 2016, that would make April 1, 2016. Maybe snl just pranked everyone looking at the numbers? I don't recall any disasters or false flags on that day.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yes, you're right. The key is the word 'subliminal', which is clearly, sub-liminal. Below the (liminal) boundary of conscious awareness. So, yes, they could well be actively programming people through the TV. I suppose it probably works best when a person is under the influence of hypnotic or psychedelic drugs, but hypnosis doesn't have to be performed under such conditions in order to be effective. In fact, a very light trance is very easily achievable - watching TV without paying attention, for example during the ad breaks, is a totally verifiable situation in which anyone can go into a light-medium trance state. Under such conditions, hypnotic programming through the use of subliminals & various televisual effects would be extremely easy, for someone or some group that knows what they're doing. I've been studying hypnosis recently, so I'm not making this stuff up...

edit on JulySunday1617CDT10America/Chicago-050012 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I've been slightly obsessed with the number 5 for several years now, I'm fairly certain it's got some real significance in our lives but I'm still putting together the pieces

of course it does, 3 things that jump out at.
1. we have 5 fingers and toes on each hand and foot.
2. add those together, and it's 10 which is a multiple of both 5 and 2
3. we have 5 senses.
oh and 1 more
our digestive system which take 10 organs to complete.

edit on 10-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

My two cents is that it's just insane coincidence. Higher powers indeed dictate the events that shape our world, but I can guaranty that SNL is not one of them, nor are any nefarious plans shared with their writers.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Discuss this with someone who cares about you.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

Yes, you're right. The key is the word 'subliminal', which is clearly, sub-liminal. Below the (liminal) boundary of conscious awareness. So, yes, they could well be actively programming people through the TV. I suppose it probably works best when a person is under the influence of hypnotic or psychedelic drugs, but hypnosis doesn't have to be performed under such conditions in order to be effective. In fact, a very light trance is very easily achievable - watching TV without paying attention, for example during the ad breaks, is a totally verifiable situation in which anyone can go into a light-medium trance state. Under such conditions, hypnotic programming through the use of subliminals & various televisual effects would be extremely easy, for someone or some group that knows what they're doing. I've been studying hypnosis recently, so I'm not making this stuff up...

You are bang on.
If you look at news program intros you'll notice how similar they all are. Lots of spinning, pulsing circles, countdowns, beeping, quick cuts.
All priming the viewer into a light hypnotic state to accept whatever is being fed.

There's a reason it's called television programming...

This one is especially effective.

edit on 10 7 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I figured the 416 was something, all I could find was a tattoo on Drake.

a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I’ve always found that drug use makes these things EASIER to spot and makes me LESS susceptible. But I’m not the type to just trance out, I keep my mind fairly active and alert. That being said I agree, zoning out in front of the TV is dangerous.

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

5 fingers and toes. I honestly can’t believe I never related that. Great points!

a reply to: UnBreakable

Coincidence could be a possibility, although there seems to be enough scattered evidence to suggest otherwise.

a reply to: Ruiner1978

Good links! I always thought all news intros looked the same due to a general lack of creativity and unwillingness to go against the grain, but viewing them in succession like that does tell a different story.

top topics

join