It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange County Orlando Sheriff's Office Throws Dance Party 3 Weeks After Orlando Massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Okay, I guess we do officially live in Bizarro World.

Just 3 weeks after the largest mass shooting in U.S. history, the Orange County (Orlando) Sheriff's Office, decide to have a DANCE PARTY! These are people we are supposed to trust, respect, and take seriously.

On a side note, the white haired guy in the background has been laughing, joking, smiling, and winking at us since the first press conference.

What are you waiting for ATS?

JUST DANCE!

Weeks after responding to tragedy at an Orlando nightclub, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office is once again performing double duty — this time with an

uplifting dance video “to keep Orlando smiling.”

In the hilarious three-minute video, posted Friday, hundreds of OCSO employees bust a move as part of the “Keep Dancing Orlando” challenge.

Sheriff Jerry Demings is the first to call his employees to the floor during the opening — a mock press conference where he promises an “important announcement.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

What the Hell?

edit on 9-7-2016 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Just dumb.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It was a solidarity thing and a lot of companies did it. Some kinda Facebook whatever...my company did it too.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Plz go visit a doctor, i think you need to get your head checked, whats wrong with doing something for the community?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It is easy to misconstrue intent of such a video and the guy in your video seems to be trying to mislead people.

Read about it

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So it's a let's try to cheer up an Injured city?
Good for them.
Are some afraid it's disrespectful to the dead?
I don't know. Most funerals are followed by get togethers where very often people laugh as part of their grieving together.
This week has been extremely hard even for people not often effected by these things. We've seen escalating violence in response to violence. It's been very intense. Maybe we need to laugh. I know I'm near tears. I'd rather be laughing and get this sick feeling out of my middle.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

What's dumb?
edit on 792016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
How long would you prefer these folks refrain from smiling? Should Disney World close down also? When you shut down in false mourning over stuff like this THEY WIN!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What do you want people to do? Dress in black and walk around moaning for 3 months. Myself , unless you are personally involved, a couple of days would be enough to show respect. But then again I am of the oppinion that death is for the dead not the living and I don't believe in lavish funerals.
Life goes on no matter how much you may hate anyone enjoying themselves a week after an event.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think we should all just wallow in our own misery for at least a few years. Screw moving on and trying to make the world a little less dark with a dance party, we should just keep replaying the massacre over and over in our heads until we become depressed.

These people are so wrong for doing this, how dare they have a little fun instead of being stuck in the past!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
That is very disturbing. That was a freakin’ ritual.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What is the exact time when they are allowed to do something cheerful and uplifting?

Seems 3 weeks is too soon for you. would 4 be better? 8?

Not seeing the issue here. are you suggesting all of florida should be miserable forever because some ass shot up some people?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So Orlando should be like the town in Footloose, a dance free zone?

Someone tweet the police and tell them, next time they make a video, do it one town over

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

That's where I was going.

I think it's disrespectful and downright weird.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Strange, because I find that the jackarse that made your video to be disrespectful and downright weird. The very sight he used explains why the video was made and for whom it was made. Does he have enough time to make a commentary on it, but not enough time to look up if there is a legitimate reason.

And him calling it a hoax disgusts me.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Talk about manufactured outrage.

Them participating in a drive that pushes donations to the victims of the attack is s bad thing?

What a pathetic mindset.
edit on 9-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Jesus! That guy narrating that video needs to seriously lighten the heck up. Just because his life might be terrible he's going to look down on people trying to cheer up their community??

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

nice try at a star and flag grab.

just like the powers that be used or made this incident as to gain much attention, guns, gays and muslims. yeahhhh!!!!

top topics

join