It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds join Black Lives Matter march through London

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: crazyewok

Hundreds of people have marched on Westminster in protest at the shooting of two black men by police in America.

The Black Lives Matter march went through central London to the Houses of Parliament at about 20:00 BST.

The marchers were heard to shout "Hands up, don't shoot" as they carried banners through the capital.

The march is in response to the fatal shootings of Philando Castile in Minnesota and Alton Sterling in Louisiana.

bbc

Erm.....why?

Can someone tell these morons THEY ARE PROTESTING IN THE WRONG FECKING COUNTRY!

UK police dont even have dam guns!

And the UK does not (rightfully) have any influence over internal US Law enforcement affairs,

Thanks America for importing these thugs over

Because they are idiots and they have no idea what they are actually protesting about. They either believe the #BLM hype, or they're hoping there will be an excuse to loot some shops along the way. Amazingly enough, at least the people looking to loot are more honest and less retarded than anyone who believes the #BLM hype.

They already did that last year.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

My apologies if I offended in any way... Such was not my intent. Early morning humour isn't when I'm at my best. Again, my apologies.

I do agree with you,though.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Not sure what the British politicians are supposed to say in response to this....."yeah thanks for coming out and waving signs, we'll pass your concerns onto the relevant people in a whole other continent" good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Yeah, solidarity is a horrible thing.

For the puppet masters.

But hey, keep fighting their fight for them

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Now2016

Sadly, for our American cousins, most of this is true

The US police are "law enforcers". It's all in the name. The UK police do so by consent. There's a a critical difference. Also, US police officers are killed, so there is a legitimate "shoot first" inclination in the States.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Excellent Post. American Police should be taking lessons from the British Police instead of the Israeli Police.

I am not an Anti-Semite.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Yeah, solidarity is a horrible thing.

For the puppet masters.

But hey, keep fighting their fight for them

There is solidarity and then there is "protesting" which is a waste of time as what can UK politicians do? Nothing. Its not our country.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

That's broadly true.
There have been issues over the years but generally, on a human level, uk police are a part of the community and I think a lot of that is down to the fact they don't go to work in the morning wondering if this will be their last day on earth.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Its like a bad virus, it knows no borders.

Sorry the disease has spread CW.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Tomato tomato.

If you feel you want and need and are qualified to judge their motivations, go for it. I understand it's kind of a human nature thing.

I personally am not going to do that. If people are moved to try to make a difference, to show support, and are struggling to find a way to do that, I don't see that as a bad thing in any universe.

Throughout history people who have brought about important change took more than their fair share of criticism and derision and worse, failing more times than they succeeded. That's the way it goes.

edit on 7/9/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The point being made is that the UK has other things that should be occupying their solidarity.

There really is nothing wrong with minding ones own business, y'know. The world would likely be a lot more peaceful.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The point being made is that the UK has other things that should be occupying their solidarity.

There really is nothing wrong with minding ones own business, y'know. The world would likely be a lot more peaceful.

Yes. Right. Because people can resonate with or have only one thing on their mind at a time. Seriously?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Erm.....why? Why the hell not ?

No ones out to get you

edit on 9-7-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Just came back one last time to say this.

Why is it that so many things here on ATS that could be presented or perceived in a positive light turn into just the opposite?

I fully expected, after seeing the headline on this thread, to come in here and see the opposite.

Derision, criticism, negativity, judgement. That kind of thing is far less likely to bring us a better world and it's a horrible example to set.

Done.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Did a BLM protester take a crap on your porridge mate?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Were people wrong to protest apartheid in south Africa?

Should we not care about starvation, children's welfare, human trafficking, slave labor...?

Refugees?

Black lives matter is one if the most purposefully, willfully misunderstood groups ever. Things are not good here. Some people see that and care about it

It does me a lot of good to see that kind of support

Enjoy your freedom from the EU. It was protest that made that vote possible. Your own vote for Brexit explains your confusion - you think you're free (?) and separate from the rest if the world

You could still be English and a part of the world community. That's all this is

edit on 7/9/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't even know what to say other than sorry guys.

To my uneducated American knowledge, this isn't even so much of an issue over there.

But....I am glad to see The People showing some solidarity in our current power struggles.

We all know that, no matter what country you redide in, we all need to find our common causes right now and show some solidarity. That's my opinion anyway.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Were people wrong to protest apartheid in south Africa?

You are absolutely right. However, Apartheid was an affront to the international community. The BLM movement in the US is a domestic affair revolving around politics and the American inability to improve its race relations. Looking at BLM from the outside, I can say the movement is itself divisive and perpetuates the continued separation of blacks and whites in the States.

Why do people feel the need to protest BLM in the UK when the movement is explicitly an American issue?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

What's going on here should not be diminished

Apartheid was a domestic affair

All transgressions are a domestic affair, until they're not

You simply don't understand the magnitude of this situation. You might be forgiven that if you don't live here - but some people apparently recognize that this is going to get worse before it gets better

It's so good to know those people exist

edit on 7/9/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Hundreds of people have marched on Westminster in protest at the shooting of two black men by police in America.

The Black Lives Matter march went through central London to the Houses of Parliament at about 20:00 BST.

The marchers were heard to shout "Hands up, don't shoot" as they carried banners through the capital.

The march is in response to the fatal shootings of Philando Castile in Minnesota and Alton Sterling in Louisiana.

bbc

Erm.....why?

Can someone tell these morons THEY ARE PROTESTING IN THE WRONG FECKING COUNTRY!

UK police dont even have dam guns!

And the UK does not (rightfully) have any influence over internal US Law enforcement affairs,

Thanks America for importing these thugs over

HAhahaha! I just asked an english bud on another forum if they had their own #BLM over there!

He hasn't answered me yet.

Is that you gromit?

Throw them out! Deport them if you want.

Oh, while we're here. Do you have to deal with english blacks on the slavery issues?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join