It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trevor Noah's Take On Police Shootings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I think Trevor Noah did a good job handling this topic. While tensions are extremely high, and everyone is trying to say the "other" is wrong and point fingers -- I think he raises some interesting points that I haven't seen discussed here on ATS. I especially like how he brought up the fact you don't have to be either or. You can support the police AND the people they're supposed to protect. You shouldn't have to be pegged into one camp or the other.

I wasn't aware of the changes the Las Vegas police department had made, thus reducing police shootings some 30-something percent. As he said, it's not perfect, but it's something because a problem was identified and steps were taken.

I also liked how he included the fact that another video of a white kid being shot just surfaced, and included everyone in America into the fold and problem.

As he said -- you can't solve or fix a problem if you don't even admit there is one.
edit on 9-7-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Just a intresting note.......

Wasn't the entire USA formed because of less?

I mean your original patriots rose up and started killing the 18th century equivalent of LEO over some stupid tax rises.

Though I think BLM are going about it the wrong way i this day and age, I think its pretty hypocrical to condem all what they are protesting for.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Why, yes, yes we did.

Damned redcoats...
Oddly enough, I had family on both sides of that one.

How quickly we've forgotten that.

LEO's should be trusted, and the vast, vast majority are worthy of that trust...but the one's who aren't have violated an almost sacred trust that tears at the heart of many Americans. That sacred trust that that man/woman can be trusted to protect everything in your life, up to and including your family. That that was never ever true is beside the point, many of us want, almost need, to believe it...

That may be why so many feel the need to disbelieve when evidence is presented that may show otherwise... ...and, maybe, why so many get so angry about it.

Maybe. It's hard when people violate, willingly, ones trust.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Dont get me wrong. The killing of thise police officers was wrong.
They had familys and likely were not even part of the problem.

Same though could be said of British regulars in 1776.

In both cases though right or wrong there was a legitimate reason behind the events.
To ignore what the BLM are talking about will see further escalation.

Something needs to do be one to temper the US police departments use of force in many areas otherwise incidents like yesterday will become frequent events.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This IS NOT A RACIAL ISSUE..........this is happening because....NO ONE CAN SUCESSFULLY SUE A POLICE DEPARTMENT FOR 100 MILLION DOLLARS WHEN A COP MURDERS SOMEONE..........the game is rigged...set up....its a con-job being pulled on the American people.......the politicians are forced by TPTB to support and bring in specific legeslations over CENTURIES NOW and then these seemingly small laws are embedded into the legal system to be used AGAINST THE PEOPLES BEST INTERESTS later by TPTB for a larger agenda of control.Prosecutors rely on these laws to SANDBAG PROSECUTIONS AGAINST COPS......if a case is somehow forced past these first strongest barriers then the JUDGES use same sided PTB sympthetic legeslation to sandbag the case further along in the process.....worst case scenario a Judge makes a contrarian incorrect decision AND the prosecutor chooses not to appel to support him or her.

Someone has paid Billions upon billions of dollars to saturate American Criminal and Civil law with their sympthetic legeslation which allows them to control the mood of a NATION and the potential fate of the WORLD.

Take one single case of murder by Cop.....no take several from EVERY STATE.....build a TACTICAL DYNAMIC TEMPLATE of every single step of the processes which allow these murderers to avoid prosecution or to get reduced sentences or to completely walk....INCLUDE IN YOUR STATISTICS CASES WHERE PROSECUTION DOES NOT HAPPEN....

Once you have your template of the dynamics of what happened to allow each murderer to walk....attatch NAMES TO EVERY STEP OF THIS PROCESS.....follow the names of the lawyers prosecutors and judges......then look at the legeslation which was relevant and MOST IMPACTFULL DURING EACH STEP OF THE PROCESS ......then look to the PATHWAY SAID SYMPATHETIC LEGESLATION TOK TO BECOME IMPACTFULL EVEN IF YOU NEED TO GO BACK 200 YEARS.....then look to the POLITICIANS AND GROUPS WHO SUPPORTED THIS LEGESLATIONS MANIFESTATION AND IMPLEMENTATION.......then look to THE PEOPLE WHO FISCALLY SUPPORTED THESE GROUPS AND POLITICIANS......and look fo fragmented intentionally convoluted hidden paths for the money to be put on....a constellation of peripheral sources with one mother source.

Someone has rigged the system in America on a BIGGER SCALE THAN IS BEING DISCUSSED...... someone modified the Stockholm Syndrome which they were using on the PUBLIC [they over-arrested several populus demogaphics and then kid-gloved them letting them out enmasse to soon and untreated this made the demographic groups feel HOPELESS like they were being targeted and it made the Police who handle them hands on re-arresting the same guys every week also feel HOPELESS] into a viral form and then the "Thin Blue Line Syndrome" was created which could be used against the POLICE WHO REPRESENT THE PEOPLE ....just like a virus in a lab.

Someone has used the EMOTIONAL CATALYST OF HOPELESSNESS to engineer NEGATIVE SOCIAL IMPACTS....AGAINST THE AMERICAN POLICE AND AGAINST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE...... ON A NATIONAL SCALE......this is a National Security issue now....this could depending upon who is responsible in the big picture be considered an act of war or an act of treason actioned by an individual or by a Fiscally driven or power driven stakeholders Group.

THIS IS NOT A RACIALY MOTIVATED ISSUE.....BOTH SIDES ARE BEING MANIPULATED AND USED AGAINST EACH OTHER ....YES AFRICAN AMERICANS AND LATINOS AND OTHERS who are numericlly populous and who are financially undermined are the groups this MONSTER INFLUENCE has chosen to MAIPULATE ENMASSE AND TO USE AS A WEAPON AGAINST AMERICA ....

BUT DO NOT BE FOOLED......this is NOT A RACIALLY CATALYSED ISSUE ALTHOUGH WE SEE THE LOPSIDED DAMAGES BEING DONE TO SPECIFIC DEMOGAPHICS.......

Just ask some College kids[lots of them have parents in law enforcement or who have been victimised and criminalised by this UNDERHANDED PROCESS DONE TO THEM ALL and will be glad to help] to make a visual charted represenation of the above templates and to produce some videos showing how this is being done to the AMERICAN PEOPLE AS A WHOLE.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Im sorry to be that guy but that is just a huge eye sore to read.

I dont intent to be unfriendly when i say that but i think you would do yourself a great service if you were to avoid write ups in that manner my friend.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

I dont intent to be unfriendly when i say that but i think you would do yourself a great service if you were to avoid write ups in that manner my friend.

Sure...you have been aknowledged ....dont worry we need "that guy" here ,just like we need my post here......now do you have any relevant commentary on the post?Or should we be ready for a one-liner on how you couldnt find anything relevant in the post?....lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Not everything is due to some massive conspiracy or TACTICAL DYNAMIC TEMPLATE.
Some people are racist and unfortunately, are in a position to take it out on others.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Get off your high horse, the thread is actually about Trevor Noahs take on police shootings if you want to get particular.

To keep on point with the thread, I haven't missed an episode of the daily show in years. Trevor is doing a fantastic job as the host. He has an interesting perspective, and though he's slightly more juvenile than Stewart (just a little), it's refreshing to have a younger outlook on things.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

Get off your high horse, the thread is actually about Trevor Noahs take on police shootings if you want to get particular.

To keep on point with the thread, I haven't missed an episode of the daily show in years. Trevor is doing a fantastic job as the host. He has an interesting perspective, and though he's slightly more juvenile than Stewart (just a little), it's refreshing to have a younger outlook on things.

You are lippy.Keep your mouthy comments about high horses to yourself.

My commentary follows Noahs perspective it doesnt supercede it....do you think your commentary is somehow more impactfull or relevant than anyone elses?More..."on point"...lol....just paticipate and leave it at that ok lippy?You arent offering much here besides poor attitude,lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Not everything is due to some massive conspiracy or TACTICAL DYNAMIC TEMPLATE.
Some people are racist and unfortunately, are in a position to take it out on others.

People arent born racist and this is PRIMARILY NOT A RACE ISSUE....yes people in positions of power are also in position to abuse that power......this has NOTHING TO DO WITH RACISM.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: everyone

Sure...you have been aknowledged ....dont worry we need "that guy" here ,just like we need my post here......now do you have any relevant commentary on the post?Or should we be ready for a one-liner on how you couldnt find anything relevant in the post?....lol.

I dont feel i need to respond in every thread especially since i already have responded to the same topic in others. I do however often read other thread's that is all. In this case i probably would not have responded at all otherwise but its all good

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You arent offering much here besides poor attitude

Pot calling the kettle black.

new topics

top topics

join