It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Naval Exercise in the World underway RIMPAC16

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A commercial airliner usually vanishes during these exercises. Let's see which airline disappears off the radar.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jekka

Different nations learn how to communicate with each other, learn capabilities (partially,) and generally figure out assigned roles.

As far as Russian spy ships...thats not even newsworthy in my opinion. They have been shadowing USN ships since there was a Soviet Navy...as a Marine on gator navy ships I saw Trawlers, helos, Tu95s, and a few other Soviets back in the late great 80's. Good times....one finger diplomacy was the name of the game back then.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

There hasn't been a single aircraft that has gone missing during a RIMPAC, except the A-6 that was accidentally shot down one year towing a target. And there are dozens, if not hundreds of exercises that go one around the world that are large without anything happening.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Days sometimes.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I always HATE exercises in the Army because they wouldn't tell me WHO WON!
Do they at least keep score?

I meant to add the during exercises, the US Navy turns off equipment and tunes some down, so true capabilities are secure.
edit on 9-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There hasn't been a single aircraft that has gone missing during a RIMPAC, except the A-6 that was accidentally shot down one year towing a target. And there are dozens, if not hundreds of exercises that go one around the world that are large without anything happening.

Missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was ‘shot down in military training exercise’ claims first book released about lost jet

AND

Disappearance of EgyptAir MS804...Phoenix Express 2016 – USARICOM Military Exercise

Let's just wait and see.

edit on 9-7-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So they found the wreckage and solved the mystery huh.

One aircraft going missing is hardly proof that " A commercial airliner usually vanishes during these exercises." Worldwide there are at least a dozen exercises going on every day, and yet we don't see aircraft missing constantly.

Hyperbole much?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Oh so you found two. MS804 is shaping up to have been an accident that had absolutely nothing to do with any military activity. It also was "missing" for about two days before wreckage was found. The exercise had no way to bring it down short of something colliding into it, which didn't happen.

I can probably find an exercise going on for every plane that has crashed, but just like with other events, and asas I've said twice now, there are dozens of exercises going on every single day. It's called "training".

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was ‘shot down in military training exercise’ claims first book released about lost jet

Problem is it is based off of what this man thinks he saw, and not actual proof that he what he saw was the airliner.

Also at the distance he supposedly saw this plane how did he know it was a plane and knew it was MH 370...speculating is fun but that isn't proof.

Disappearance of EgyptAir MS804...Phoenix Express 2016 – USARICOM Military Exercise

Grasping at straws a bit there aren't you?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Your tax dollars at work.

Would someone please convince the Pentagon that if all US citizens had access to a free basic college education, they wouldn't have to spend so much time on remedial math and reading and the class of recruit they would get would improve?

Which is it that keeps us safe and the world more or less at peace? Firepower or brain power?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Not really.

I'm just pointing out that these airlines just happen to vanish during military drills.

Kinda like what happens when there's a shooting event in the US, that happen coincidentally during FBI drills.

So, whenever we hear of a "drill" happening somewhere, we're now on the alert for a corresponding event.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Sometimes the phone rings as I step into the shower. Does that ever happen to you?
Does that put you on alert for phone calls whenever you take a shower?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Then you shouldn't ever sleep so you can keep on the alert. According to you, commercial planes should be dropping out of the sky constantly. There are multiple multi nation exercises going on every month, and large single nation exercises going on somewhere weekly.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Not really.

I'm just pointing out that these airlines just happen to vanish during military drills.

Here's yet another example:

Russia says MH17 was shot down by plane missiles

Kinda like what happens when there's a shooting event in the US, that happen coincidentally during FBI drills.

Of course, there are denials all around, that the plane dropping out the sky has anything to do with the military operations going on simultaneously on the ground and/or at sea. But, there are always claims to the contrary too.

I can't tell you who is right. It's the "coincidence correlation" that I'm pointing out here.

So, whenever we hear of a "drill" happening somewhere, we're now on the alert for a corresponding event.

Let's wait and see.

It should be exciting times ahead.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Swift Response 16
Baltops
Rapid Trident
Angkor Sentinel 16
Khaan Quest 16
Anaconda 16

Those are just a few from the last few months. Where are all the missing planes from them? Where are all the missing planes from all the other 2016 exercises? The 2015 ones?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Sometimes the phone rings as I step into the shower. Does that ever happen to you?
Does that put you on alert for phone calls whenever you take a shower?

Yes, it does

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So a plane flying over a war zone now qualifies as being shot down during an exercise? And it was shot down by a surface to air missile not air to air.

Last year they predicted something well over a billion people would travel by air in 2016. Don't you think that just maybe there might possibly be an accident near a training exercise with that many aircraft in the sky?
edit on 7/9/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Or how about kids actually having parents give a damn about that education? Kids doing that basic math instead of vegging out in front of their game consoles or computer screens?

That would be too much like taking some responsibility, wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Of course it does. It's that strange new world we live in. Where everything is insidious, and dark. Nothing is actually what it seems. Ever.

I, too, am interested in knowing where all the missing planes are from those other exercises you mentioned...

Not that I expect an answer. Unverifiable hyperbole being rather hard to prove, and all.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So a plane flying over a war zone now qualifies as being shot down during an exercise? And it was shot down by a surface to air missile not air to air.

Last year they predicted something well over a billion people would travel by air in 2016. Don't you think that just maybe there might possibly be an accident near a training exercise with that many aircraft in the sky?

Here you go, just happened, plane goes missing AGAIN !

Indian air force plane with 29 on board goes missing, 22nd July 2016

Right on time!

Like clockwork.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join