It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist hate crime jumped 42 percent during Brexit referendum in UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JustXeno

Consumers...

Consumers benefit from a lower total production cost, when those running an operation pass on the savings they make using cheap, imported labour. Personally speaking, I think any company making five million or more in a year should be forced to pay living wages to anyone working for it, at any level. The consumer (being employed themselves normally speaking) would not be effected, because wages nailed permanently to the cost of living (meaning no one is ever left wanting who works for their money) would automatically increase to cover the added cost of production.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Doesn't help the majority of customers who've had stagnated and lowered wages and have got no money to be consumers. Totally agree about the living wage though.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

If consumers had to pay more for products because of labour costs, then they would be even worse off!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

If only that were the case, companies charge the maximum the market will bare. In an ideal world companies would pass on savings made on labour to the populace, but its not ideal and those savings go to shareholders, but that's a whole different conversation

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Back on topic, I really do believe the statistics on Hate crimes have been inflated because it fit's a narrative that's being pushed by the media, ie most people that voted leave are racist morons.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Bang on !

Cheap labour = no pay rises = fat cats get fatter = migrants don't benefit the people at ground zero .

Do people really think food is cheaper due to migrant workers ?

The cheaper the labour makes profits higher not food cheaper .

And the NHS bs with migrant workers ?

They spin it like they all get rounded up and whipped to work in hospitals !

They are given a job and are paid for it , I don't see any issue .

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

You forgot the cost of housing, either renting or buying. Controlled immigration I understand but uncontrolled without the infrastructure in place to handle it is only going to make the problems bigger and bigger.
edit on 9/7/2016 by JustXeno because: typo

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustXeno
a reply to: Denoli

You forgot the cost of housing, either renting or buying. Controlled immigration I understand but uncontrolled without the infrastructure in place to handle it is only going to make the problems bigger and bigger.

I hear you mate .
Trying getting your kid in school ,
Doctors appointment ,
Housing is a nightmare ,
Crime is shooting up ,
Fraud ,
Can't deport ,
Prison highest levels ,
Courts ,
Probation ,
Translators ,

But there's always room to have a little austerity as a pudding 👍

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I really believe that the bad grace with which the remain camp has met the referendum result has to take some of the blame here.

Pushing the tired old narrative that only old, white, northern racists voted leave and fighting against the result using that as a basis is causing so much hate.

We should be coming together to make a good go of things. Natives and new Brits, Leavers and remainers.

To a large extent that just isn't happening and instead we are seeing fault lines open up between all the various groups.

I talk to quite a few leavers via twitter, in real life etc. I reckon less than 1 in 10 have any sort of issue with immigrants, but 99% have an issue with uncontrolled migration.

Not being able to get all your kids in the same school or seeing the class sizes go beyond 34 or 35 affects everyone, regardless of their colour or place of origin. The guy who runs the paper shop near me has 5 kids and it was one of the things he was most worried about, just for the pure logistics of getting his kids to school on time and running a business.

(He aint so bothered now because United are buying Pogba...but that's a different issue).

I saw the Guardian tweet where they were touting for stories relating to these horrible cards etc. So part of the overall rise may be due to people being more aware of such things (As well as a few making spurious claims).

In conclusion, we should be entering a new dawn where we are all bloody Brits and this stuff just should be history.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
That's it sprocket ,

Why wouldn't we let people who are going to have a positive impact come ?

We need to put a cork in the bottle , let the gas settle , instead of letting it piss all over the kitchen floor .

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

This fills me with shame.

How could the country I love fall so low? Turns out that we have a high percentage of closet racists, who are now coming out, so to speak. I'll never understand racism, because it makes no sense. Foreigners are an important part of our community and as such we should embrace our differences, rather than use them as reasons to hate.

In a perfect world, the racists in my country would be punished severely for their behaviour, but let's face it, that'll never happen unless it benefits the Government and the people in power.

Race wars are like prohibition, they don't work and just cause everyone suffering.

Shame on you UK, shame on you...

Rev

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Yes, sir.

Not just your fair land, either. Mine, too.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Its just like the moronic fools that started all there crap on our streets after the Scottish referendum. Nothing but bamsticks that think there actions are somehow justified by there vote. These are the same raciest scum that probably don't even understand what they voted for and were Googling what the E.U actually is the day after the referendum.

Poor forum displayed by evil nonsensical individuals that have rather a large chip on there shoulder if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
A temporary spike was goi g to happen as the knuckle dragging chavs were going to come out of there holes.

The police will hopefully crack down on them and things will iron out.

To fair if we had voted remain the violence would have been worse.
edit on 9-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You are spot on my friend! Shame we can't line them all up and shoot them really.

Rev

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo

This fills me with shame.

How could the country I love fall so low? Turns out that we have a high percentage of closet racists, who are now coming out, so to speak. I'll never understand racism, because it makes no sense. Foreigners are an important part of our community and as such we should embrace our differences, rather than use them as reasons to hate.

In a perfect world, the racists in my country would be punished severely for their behaviour, but let's face it, that'll never happen unless it benefits the Government and the people in power.

Race wars are like prohibition, they don't work and just cause everyone suffering.

Shame on you UK, shame on you...

Rev

No we have a small percentage of closet racists who are showing themselves as such and will hopefully be pulled if they break the law..
You also have to remember RT news as the main quoted source for this story is fermenting any discord as it is prone to do..
We need to pull together and be positive, we can and we will..
edit on 9 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: ,

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

"Race wars are like prohibition, they don't work and just cause everyone suffering."

Well said, racism simple breeds hate, and hate can only ever breed more hatred, its a circular predicament if ever there was one.

And its not as if these people are ever willing to wake up and blame the real culprits for the predicament the nation is experiencing aka the bankers, 1%ers and there political puppets.

Truth is they cannot see the forest for the trees.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo
Turns out that we have a high percentage of closet racists, who are now coming out, so to speak. I'll never understand racism, because it makes no sense.

Racism is not a one way street. Just because someone is of another colour or

ethnicity doesn't make them immune to racism.

Foreigners are an important part of our community and as such we should embrace our differences

That is an opinion! and you are entitled to yours.... However you should not be

pushing others to follow what is your opinion they have an opinion too which may,

or may not be be the same as yours!

In one breath its diversity, the next we must all think the same!

rather than use them as reasons to hate.

Hate is a powerful word .... and doesn't fit in with most peoples perceptions,

they would most likely say indifference.

In a perfect world, the racists in my country would be punished severely for their behaviour

Hmmn.... The thought police!!!

Punished for thinking differently, that really is a perfect world!

And WHO decides which side of the coin is the right one?

edit on 9-7-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

They're already breaking the hate speech laws, but nothing is happening. This is what annoys me about my stupid country. Jail the raciest bastards and put them on a wing full of black people so they can get the beating they so rightly deserve.

There is just no need or valid reason for this, or any, kind of hate. It's just small minded people who have been raised by bigots, trying to take back a country that they didn't lose in the first place. And it's not just RT that's making this issue news, it's all over the internet.

Let's put "Britain first" and start getting heavy handed with these idiots. I've never been a proponent of Police brutality, however in this case, I could turn a blind eye.

Rev

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

WOW! You really are disillusioned. I just don't have the words to respond to your nonsense. I will say this however:

"Making excuses for those raciest scum-bags, makes you part of the problem"

You are of course entitled to your own opinion, as I am to mine. It's just a shame that you can't see what's in front of your eyes.

Rev

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join