It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist hate crime jumped 42 percent during Brexit referendum in UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
www.rt.com...

There have been many examples of racism and xenophobia during and after the British vote to stay in or exit the EU.One sign painted on a build reads "EU Rats go home", lovely comment i must say.
White powder sent to mosques, an Eastern European shop targeted by arsonists and an attack on a curry house in London are just some of the latest examples of racist hate crimes committed after the Brexit vote. New figures show more than 3,000 hate crimes and incidents were reported to police across the UK in the second half of June – a jump of 42 percent compared to last year. The daily rate peaked at 289 alleged offenses on June 25, the day after the EU referendum result was announced
Thousands of people have taken to Twitter using the hashtag #PostRefRacism.
edit on 9-7-2016 by tommo39 because: %

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Jul 9 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: MPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

So what is the difference between nationalistic pride and xenophobia?

I want to make sure that I can be proud of my country without being a "rathitht".

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There is no such thing as hate crime. They are just regular crimes given a sinister-sounding label to advance a political agenda by those who label them as such.
edit on -050012am7kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
FACT: In Britain if you merely look at somebody in a way that they perceive as "threatening" you can be charged and convicted of "assault".

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

There is no such thing as hate crime
Many people will "Agree To Disagree" with you.....

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
There is no such thing as hate crime. They are just regular crimes given a sinister-sounding label to advance a political agenda by those who label them as such.

so a crime not motivated by money, food, lust, political affiliation, economic status. crimes based solely on one's skin color or ethnicity is a hate crime.

what if one day we abolish poverty, and no one needs to break any laws for to survive or commit crimes against another person to survive, and a 'nationalist' commits a crime based solely on skin color, what do you call that.

one day what if aliens come down and get rid of all of our socio-eco-political problems. do you think there will be people out there who still hate others based on just skin color? what can we do with those people whom there's no cure to their illness.... they will still commit crimes... based on what do you think, or what sort of crime would you call it?

think a little.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
From what I have seen so far, it's all anecdotal, with no corresponding number of arrests, so highly suspect.

We then have to consider those pushing their scare agendas being behind some of this as well, After all, look at the number of Jews found daubing swastikas everywhere and screaming anti-semitism to get noticed!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
i thought we were going to read about thought crimes, like, 'did w2 happen the way THEY write about?' lol

i agree, there are not many hate crimes, there are just idiots.
and there are idiots who write false stories and create laws making it illegal to question those falsifies.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
From what I have seen so far, it's all anecdotal, with no corresponding number of arrests, so highly suspect.

We then have to consider those pushing their scare agendas being behind some of this as well, After all, look at the number of Jews found daubing swastikas everywhere and screaming anti-semitism to get noticed!

really? you live in a sheltered world then.
here in newcastle the national front are now holding daily vigils outside the gate until 'muslims go home', what part of europe these muslims comes from nobody knows.
scare agenda?
everyone involved with brexit knows its failed already, johnson, gove and farage have all sulked off leaving others to clean up the mess.
the pound is on parity with the dollar, meaning %75 has wiped off, pensions are worthless and try getting a loan.
there is a saying, you don't take a dump on the floor and leave it, well they all have.
jews daubing swastikas everywhere? where exactly?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Motivation is not important in regards to the fact that a crime was comitted.

If you kill someone unlawfully without good reason, it is murder (or manslaughter).
If you force someone to give you there wallet, it is robbery.
If you beat someone up, it is battery.

Motivation only matters in determining the degree of the crime committed, not the crime itself. A crime may very well be motivated by hatred, but killing someone for no reason other than their skin colour is not a hate crime, it is just murder. Which is bad enough without the needs to add regressive left ideology into the mix.
edit on -050001am7kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

So what is the difference between nationalistic pride and xenophobia?

I want to make sure that I can be proud of my country without being a "rathitht".

One is saying "I love my country, but it would be better without immigrants" and the other is a group of 15 kicking the crap out of two middle aged Polish/eastern European guys because they don't speak English.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

you're trying to string together a theory, but you can't. you almost contradicted yourself.

there is such things as hate crimes.

a man murders his next door neighbor because he owed him 10000$,
a man murders a n elderly woman because she sneezed too loudly
a woman murders her neighbors because they were Romanians....
all murders. not fueled by the same motif .
this isn't complicated.
sometimes people do the wrong thing for the right reasons, sometimes the wrong reasons. the latter will include hate crimes or crimes of passion.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

i agree, there are not many hate crimes

Well i think this person has a better handle on the problem than you:
"We now have a clear indication of the increases in the reporting of hate crime nationally and can see that there has been a sharp rise in recent weeks," said Mark Hamilton, the National Police Chiefs' Council spokesman on hate crimes, on Friday. "This is unacceptable and it undermines the diversity and tolerance we should instead be celebrating." The official number of reported crimes echoes the 500 per cent rise in the number of incidents relayed through the police online portal in the wake of the Brexit vote.

www.news.com.au...
edit on 9-7-2016 by tommo39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Well i think this person has a better handle on the problem than you:
"We now have a clear indication of the increases in the reporting of hate crime nationally and can see that there has been a sharp rise in recent weeks," said Mark Hamilton, the National Police Chiefs' Council spokesman on hate crimes, on Friday. "This is unacceptable and it undermines the diversity and tolerance we should instead be celebrating." The official number of reported crimes echoes the 500 per cent rise in the number of incidents relayed through the police online portal in the wake of the Brexit vote.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Those prepared to engage in such disreputable and villainous behaviour, those prepared to take up the mantle of one of our old enemies, and promote race hate in my country, may feel free to do the following:

Get the hell off my island, or get buried on it.

That's my position on this, and I voted out.

edit on 9-7-2016 by TrueBrit because: Added detail.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Utter bollocks

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
What I find interesting is you hear about the British being racist, but you never hear the stories when it's the other way around and British are the victims.... Which they often are nowadays.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
What I find interesting is you hear about the British being racist, but you never hear the stories when it's the other way around and British are the victims.... Which they often are nowadays.

Check your local court file , I say if they don't want to learn English and work ,
GO HOME .

Tbh everyone who wants to come to uk , they should do 4 years national service !
Then they have the right.

Who does the migrants benefit really ?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
tTo stinkelbaum
the pound is on parity with the dollar, meaning %75 has wiped off

There is exaggeration and then there is pure mental gymnastics, on the 17th of June the pound was worth 1.41 dollars and now it is worth 1.3 dollars. How does that equate to lost 75% and on par with the dollar !!!
edit on 9/7/2016 by JustXeno because: added who i was posting to

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

It benefits two classes of people. The employers, landowners and migrants. Feel free to add any others if you can think of any .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join