It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should be done About 'Black Lives matter'.....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All of this is the end result of decades of discrimination and institutionalized white supremacy.

Is it right? No! But it is the bi product of countless years of minority oppression and abuse. The abusers have now become the abused as the white majority transitions towards minority status.

As the saying goes, the chickens have come home to roost, and unfortunately, there won't be much empathy.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Black people are told often to apologize for the actions of individuals.

I have heard many times racist people say the successful blacks need to go teach the inner city ones how to conduct themselves. As if I am responsible for other individuals.

No one ever tells successful whites to go into trailer parks and high crime areas with mass white poverty and tell them to stop doing meth and get off of welfare. No. They just like to pretend that these peope don't exist, and drum up the idea that the blacks and hispanics are keeping America from being a white utopian society

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: blueman12

Many individual African-Americans have spoken out against it. Nowhere near enough, it seems.

Do white people have to speak out against the KKK?..

Is there still a KKK?

Georgia Supreme Court Rules in Favor of KKK in 'Adopt-A-Highway' Lawsuit

At 150, KKK sees opportunities in US political trends

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The First Amendment applies to everyone, therefore nothing needs to be done. End of discussion.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

No, it's not.

It's a result of decades of being told that they can't do anything for themselves and believing it.

I taught inner city school for a few years. I watched black kids tormenting others who wanted to learn with the taunt that they were "acting white." There are a few things that are going to help you get ahead in life. One of them is an education. Prior to the ending of the Jim Crow Era and the passage of the Civil Rights Act, blacks were serious about getting their kids an education. Somehow, despite having crap for schools, they came out of those schools knowing how to read, write and do arithmetic. Why? Because their parents and culture prized education as a tool that would help them get ahead.

These days, education is simply a white man's construct of oppression to be fought against. Getting educated in the inner city is something to be taunted and sneered at, not something to be admired. No matter how bad the facilities are at some of those schools, they are better than some of the schools kids have in third world countries, and yet, those kids learn better because they value their education. American blacks in the inner cities often do not.

Educated blacks are called Uncle Toms and race traitors unless, of course, they promote the idea that everything about the country is a racist construct that needs to be torn down and destroyed. Condy Rice? Clarence Thomas? Thomas Sowell? Larry Elder? Shelby Steele? ... Race traitors, Uncle Toms.

Answer me honestly, if you decide that education, the best tool for lifting yourself out of poverty, is a racist construct of the white man so you decide you don't need it, what is left for you in today's society? Unskilled labor is never going to be high paying or very secure for employment. You have just set yourself up for perennial failure and poverty.

And that is just one of several problems the BLM refuses to confront in the American black culture.

I could also address the absolute failure of family structure to the point where almost no inner city black children grow up with their own fathers, and then we can talk about what tends to happen with a parental male who isn't related to the children. How many times is he the one who abuses and/or kills the kids (no matter the race)? Many inner city black mothers are extremely young with inner city grandmothers who are only in their 30s which means we have kids raising kids in single parent situations which are never the best outcome for any child, white or black, no matter the maturity level of the parent involved.

Sure, some of the police issues are police issues, but there are far more issues inside the culture that will need to be addressed sooner or later. They lead to dysfunctional people no matter what color of person we're talking about. You cannot live in society without being educated, without being raised in a stable home, without being raised by a mature parental figure (preferably two), etc., without expecting trouble and you darn sure can't expect an entire community of any kind to embrace all these things as their culture and see them excel.

And these are problems that are being spread throughout society. They are not problems necessarily caused by race. They will affect any ethnicity the same, but we see them the most in the black community because it's the one that has embraced these things as its culture to the widest extent and because of that and because of the race issue people make excuses for it.

I won't. I want the police cleaned up, but I also want the black community to work on cleaning itself up at the same time. It takes two to tango, and if you run the numbers, there is no police open season on blacks, especially when you consider the likelihood of black involvement in violent crime.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you for the "Quick Little Handbook to How Black People Think" ... amazing that it only took a few paragraphs.

How (intentionally) naive.

Almost 40 million people are all exactly the same in your Little Book ... that could be taken directly from some bad 1960s sitcom.

C'mon. At least insert a tiny bit of REALITY into these kinds of screeds.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Enlighten us.

How do they think? Are you black?

I am not telling you how they think. I am telling you what will happen when you refuse an education, have multiple children at too young an age by multiple men, and then blame everything else for why your lives are not exactly wonderful and your children grow up out of control.

As I said, it will happen to any ethnicity, but it seems to be embraced as culture in the inner city.
edit on 10-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Actually, 350 million are exactly the same.

These things will happen to all of us if we embrace lack of education, children out of wedlock with multiple partners, etc.

Apparently, you are good at not reading or at least at only reading what you want to see.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Enlighten us.

How do they think? Are you black?

I am not telling you how they think. I am telling you what will happen when you refuse an education, have multiple children at too young an age by multiple men, and then blame everything else for why your lives are not exactly wonderful and your children grow up out of control.

Of course you're telling us how they think. In a few paragraphs you've given your one-sided manifesto of everything "they" need to fix.

You've categorized 38 million people into your little ghettoized view. It would be utterly laughable if it weren't so sad.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Actually, 350 million are exactly the same.

These things will happen to all of us if we embrace lack of education, children out of wedlock with multiple partners, etc.

Apparently, you are good at not reading or at least at only reading what you want to see.

What 350 million people?

Are you kidding? Are you really claiming that problems with education are soley present inthe Black community???

Or your righteous indignation at single parent families?

I'm perfectly "good at reading" as so is everyone else subjected to such an ignorant, insulting, agenda-serving categorizing of millions of people.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Nevermind that what is at the heart of the BLM movement has no economic or educational bounds. That right there invalidates the premise entirely, from the get go.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Nevermind that what is at the heart of the BLM movement has no economic or educational bounds. That right there invalidates the premise entirely, from the get go.

Logic and facts very rarely touch a party-line screed completely out-of-touch with reality.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

This must be a sign of the apocalypse Im actually in agreement with some of your posts today

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Logic and facts very rarely touch a party-line screed completely out-of-touch with reality.

Just sayin'

most of the people against black lives matter here, get their information from FOX news or other right-wing media, and of course they are now experts on the subject. it's so good to know that white members of ATS have life experiences exactly like blacks in America...just ask one of these members, they have all the answers, or at least they tell you what is bad about it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

This must be a sign of the apocalypse Im actually in agreement with some of your posts today

It's scary isn't it?

It's like there are some basic truths behind all of our partisan wrangling that just make basic good sense.

LOL ...

Maybe lay down until it passes?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Just sayin'

most of the people against black lives matter here, get their information from FOX news or other right-wing media, and of course they are now experts on the subject. it's so good to know that white members of ATS have life experiences exactly like blacks in America...just ask one of these members, they have all the answers, or at least they tell you what is bad about it.

You know, truth to tell, I'm concerned that BLM chapters are doing more harm to the original message than they're helping it.

There is no place for violence, near-violence, nor any of these blatantly authoritarian stunts like trying to shut down highways.

But, on the other hand, no movement is perfect, and I support the rights of other Americans to speak their mind as passionately as they wish ... what I find disgustingly ironic is that folks who are normally whining and crying about the "divisive use of the word racist" are screeching it from the housetops now.

Sometimes, honestly, I just don't know.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

uhmm, why should it?....are you black?....do you know what they go through each day?....you don't have a clue, do you, and yet you are such an authority on it, that you pronounce judgment.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

uhmm, why should it?....are you black?....do you know what they go through each day?....you don't have a clue, do you, and yet you are such an authority on it, that you pronounce judgment.

I'm 100% sure you misunderstood what I wrote.

What I meant was that it invalidates the premise posed by that one poster. Not that it invalidates BLM.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
dupe
edit on 7/10/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The only reasonable retaliation to the violence in the BLM, is to just use pure statistics. They do not lie.

Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to MacDonald in a speech at Hillsdale College.

Some may argue that these statistics are evidence of racist treatment toward blacks, since whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 13 percent of the population. But as MacDonald writes in The Wall Street Journal, 2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.

Statistics do not cover the generally insane events like what happened in the last week, nor does it adequately cover wild swings in the "norm", however... what is going on right now is really being manipulated by the leaders of BLM and BP that just basically hate as a norm and have an agenda to promote violence.

Those who would count themselves as intelligent: white, black or purple , should see the big picture as "Everyone's lives matter".

Source: The Daily Wire

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join