It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should be done About 'Black Lives matter'.....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nevermind that what is at the heart of the BLM movement has no economic or educational bounds. That right there invalidates the premise entirely, from the get go.

Logic and facts very rarely touch a party-line screed completely out-of-touch with reality.

Just sayin'

most of the people against black lives matter here, get their information from FOX news or other right-wing media, and of course they are now experts on the subject. it's so good to know that white members of ATS have life experiences exactly like blacks in America...just ask one of these members, they have all the answers, or at least they tell you what is bad about it.

Ahh, I see, the left-wing media are the REAL experts...They saw these deliberate, well planned murders and are now saying I told you so? Yeah right.

I ask you not to turn this thread or it's topic and resort to your usual political diatribe. Any real solution lies with points of agreement across the political spectrum.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Except of course that the Dallas Sniper apparently disliked BLM and was troubled by their actions.

And, not for nothing, a protestor was also shot, but I'm sure that's unimportant.

Apparently, the Dallas Police feel differently than some here:

In fact, Black Lives Matter protesters had been working with local police from the early stages of planning the march, and the demonstration was completely peaceful. In one photo, a white police officer and a black police officer are seen posing with a black protester, all of whom are smiling. Additionally, the organizers of Dallas’ Black Lives Matter march issued a public statement, saying the group “does not condone violence against any human being, and we condemn anyone who wants to commit violence.”

Source

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Maybe you should look at census done more recently than 2000, and at the current official EEOC reporting requirements.
Then you will see why they are clarifying that older data, such as the 2000 census, may not match the format for future reporting.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Maybe you should look at census done more recently than 2000, and at the current official EEOC reporting requirements.
Then you will see why they are clarifying that older data, such as the 2000 census, may not match the format for future reporting.

... or maybe you should stop just blatantly trying to mislead.

The entries are racial/ETHNIC categories.

From the Census 2010 site ...

Hispanic origin can be viewed as the heritage, nationality, lineage, or country of birth of the person or the person’s parents or ancestors before arriving in the United States. People who identify as Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish may be any race.

Census 2010 - Hispanic Origin

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ok have read through some of the replies, I think a lot of folks are off the reservation here, first off while the killings may originally have not been about "race" the reaction is, we have no idea what went through the minds of the people that pulled the trigger, but I do know it's a not a call i'd make.

I have seen ppl in active war zones that were less trigger happy than some LEOs, and they are trigger happy mostly because of bad training add to that is the image of the Black man as superman instead of just a man, then there is the built in systemic bias in a lot of dept, we know this from cops who spoke out on the issue[almost all ways paying a price for breaking that stupid blue wall of silence ] that in order to pad their quotas they go to poor black neighbor hoods as they are less likely to lawyer up, this put them in more confrontation with people and an increase chance of things going horribly wrong.

Another thing related to the above, is LEOs are being made into tax collectors by state and counties to make up revenue short falls from taxes slashed, again who get targeted more ???..the poor and ppl perceived as being poor like random black folks.

Why some black men resist , they resist because they are constantly being hassled, sometimes multiple times per day, everyday in some precincts for no other reason than going from point A to point B, this is hard to understand by many white people who may only have a couple of pull overs or stops in a year that are for the most part courteous , and so is easily dismissed by them.

Model minority crap, that only works until something goes horribly wrong somewhere, like 911 then they are placed in a position worst in someways than old line Blacks, and for the love of whatever gwad you worship stop comparing different histories of various folks with the aim dismissing old line Black folks and their complaints.

I could get into some anecdotal stuff of me using different accents that resulted in me being treated differently but i'll leave that alone.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What should be done about "Black Lives Matter"?

It should be declared a hate group and a terrorist organization. It is both.
edit on 7/10/16 by 123143 because: PUNCTUATION.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I think you know you will very soon be (what we used to call) "flamed" for the truth you just set out for us.

Just know that there are folks here, and in the world at large, who also understand those truths, although, there are plenty who do not.

Great post!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I just found this, not more than a few min ago, well she has been suspended remember when I said
this above [ cops who spoke out on the issue almost all ways paying a price for breaking that stupid blue wall of silence ]
I feel you Gryphon66 .

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Except of course that the Dallas Sniper apparently disliked BLM and was troubled by their actions.

And, not for nothing, a protestor was also shot, but I'm sure that's unimportant.

Apparently, the Dallas Police feel differently than some here:

In fact, Black Lives Matter protesters had been working with local police from the early stages of planning the march, and the demonstration was completely peaceful. In one photo, a white police officer and a black police officer are seen posing with a black protester, all of whom are smiling. Additionally, the organizers of Dallas’ Black Lives Matter march issued a public statement, saying the group “does not condone violence against any human being, and we condemn anyone who wants to commit violence.”

"Apparently"....I'd hesitate using this apparent comment by the apparent shooter as some form of argument or debate point. My concern is the back lash on the black community, P.R.-wise, as well as the rhetoric of the BLM that endorses, 'apparently', acts of violence.

No matter the original intent of BLM, it's moving in a direction that hurts more than it helps those issues. At least by it's rhetoric and potentially more incidents , perhaps even worse...

Source

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I think you know you will very soon be (what we used to call) "flamed" for the truth you just set out for us.

Except, I don't think/believe anyone knows what they will do in a specific situation - - - until it happens.

They can say it, compare it to other situations, but until it actually happens - - - I'm not buying it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

What should be done about "Black Lives Matter"?

It should be declared a hate group and a terrorist organization. It is both.

Just so long as that designation does not infringe their First Amendment rights. If the KKK can adopt a highway, BLM can organize marches.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

All right, but has anyone done the study?

Is it race or is it poor status? Do poor people in general get hassled? Is it something that they get just because they are black meaning that upper income (middle class and higher) blacks also get hassled in a similar way?

You want to accuse people of painting with an overly broad brush, but that's a bit of what you are doing.

I won't disagree that the poor get picked on because they do, but it's not like blacks are the only poor folks who get hassled by cops in a harassing manner.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

a reply to: charlyv

Statistics are important, yes.

Like, for example, statistically speaking in terms of the American population, Blacks comprise about 14%. Yet, the number killed by police is DOUBLE that, and the number of Whites killed is about 25% lower than their demographic proportion.

Further all the heightened statistics for Black arrests show is that the issue of likely racial disproportionate actions carry over to arrests. Would you like to speak now of the disproportionate number of convictions? Of the prison population? Yes, statistics can be telling.

Number of White Americans is about 76%, actually (hint, some Hispanics are also White).

Also, the complaint is not purely about who is being killed but how and why. People are being ambushed, shot in the back while face down, shot while carrying no weapons, shot while sitting in their car reaching for ID, etc. etc.

It's not the numbers, per se, it's the reasons why.

The numbers show trends, are not foolproof in that a low granularity will show different results, and what you added is also in the body of the article I linked. They are averaged roll-ups.

The reasons are also issues that feed upon each other. The decisions for officers to shoot, when they do not have to are very disturbing, but that does not implicate all police facing the same situations.

The crowds manipulated by hate in violent protests are equally disturbing, but it also does not implicate everyone demonstrating, but the ones manipulated and/or of violent natures themselves.

On all sides, the results are distrust, violence and fear.
edit on 10-7-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 10-7-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't care for BLM's confusing message.

They do have a right to organize and peacefully protest.

So, nothing should be done if they follow the law.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Absolutely!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

All right, but has anyone done the study?

Is it race or is it poor status? Do poor people in general get hassled? Is it something that they get just because they are black meaning that upper income (middle class and higher) blacks also get hassled in a similar way?

You want to accuse people of painting with an overly broad brush, but that's a bit of what you are doing.

I won't disagree that the poor get picked on because they do, but it's not like blacks are the only poor folks who get hassled by cops in a harassing manner.

A little of both, off course middle and especially upper class blacks are less likely to be hassled because they will lawyer up, , they generally do not get hassled in say Union Dale N.Y ,but they will be perceived as being poor outside their immediate environment in "some" folks minds, black and poor are synonymous.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
for those that feel they have no moral obligation to care about others and their struggles
please hear me out…

I’m someone who could choose not to care about any of this. i am mixed race. I have very light skin and blonde hair i get mistaken for not being mixed all the time. people don’t judge me for how i look until i open my mouth. i have that luxury...i live in a upper middle class part of town
low to no crime here. make good money for myself, drive a nice car, have a nice house. life is actually pretty good for me right now...

now why would you ask then would i care so much about rights for minorities?

well its simple because it in turn DOES effect me. I turn on the news everyday and see stories of people protesting
people getting killed that don’t need to get killed by their own race, by other races by the government and police who are supposed to be there to protect them.

i see one side becoming more hostile and the other side becoming more distant
i see people getting into fights more and more burning down buildings destroying areas destroying each other
KILLING POLICE and i see it getting worse everyday and it spiraling more out on control

this effects laws, this effects peoples safety, this effects morale and brings us down as a society, its literally killing us all.

how long before i open my front door in my nice community to see people attacking and killing each other as if it were a war zone?

its like a chain effect you see.

so by me actually caring about others and their issues i effect my own life. everything comes around back to me. I can improve my quality of life by caring about others.

it STARTS with your frame of mind, and your ability to CARE not only about the quality of life for others but YOURSELF.

just some food for thought.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

But that's an easy explanation isn't it?

Do you know why they set up sobriety check points in and around bar/entertainment districts at a certain time of night? It's because they figure the people driving there at that time are more likely to be driving under the influence, and it doesn't matter who you are or what you were doing driving there, they will hassle you just the same and subject you the same treatment.

I regularly drive a segment of highway that runs through a poor, crime-ridden section of town. They will set up large speed traps through that stretch, and I know better than to speed through there because of it. They will hassle me just the same as any other car they catch through that stretch. It doesn't one bit who I am or what I look like or that I have a kid in my back seat.

In fact, I have a well-healed coworker who had to defend herself from a traffic stop in that same stretch. She did not "lawyer up." She defended herself, but yes, she got hassled and they tried to railroad her with a bad charge.

So it isn't just blacks who get caught by the jerks cops.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think society must collapse first. Then we can talk about solutions, you think anyone will be able to leverage effective and penetrating change before their control grid comes fully online? I seriously doubt it. The masses have lost this fight, this will not end well. We are too far gone for political solutions - that would probably take decades, and this is if all of humanity were awake to the cabal and their agendas. If mankind is still asleep about this reality however an equally powerful force would have to dislodge this corruption by themselves, and likewise such a struggle could also take decades.

The future is gloomy and bloody, there is no hope in the grim darkness of the future. Only more despair.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join