It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter, Bomb Threat at Miami Children's Hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Police are responding to an active shooter situation at a children’s hospital in Miami, Florida.
Officers from the Miami-Dade Police Department blocked off at least one entrance to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital on Friday, responding to a bomb threat and an active shooter situation on the premises.

www.rt.com...

Sure hope for a false alarm but scary report on this breaking story just now.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'll bet he has an AR-15 and body armor...

My God this is getting old...

ETA: Local news source reporting this www.local10.com...

Contradicting reports (who would've guessed), where they are saying "no shooting has taken place on campus", but then they go on to say an "incident was unfolding on the 3rd floor".

Hospital has been evacuated and authorities are doing a floor-to-floor sweep
edit on 8-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: usaman1983

anti-gun folks to chime in, in 3...2...1..

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Why bother fam,, Nobodies listening to the other side any more. We all seem to have made up our minds one way or the other and never the twain shall meet.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore

0...-1...-2...-3..-4...etc

How long can it go..

link   
WTF!

WTF Florida!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Why chime in its a pointless exercise

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Let's look at some of these contradictions, shall we?

From the local10 source I posted:

A representative from the hospital later said there was no shooting on campus.

A few lines down..

The incident was reportedly unfolding on the third floor of the hospital's research center.

So where is the "active shooter" part coming from?

THEN look at this contradiction:

Hospital "evacuated for precautions":

Miami-Dade Police Detective Daniel Ferrin said the hospital has been evacuated as a precaution because of the reported threats.

... anddd a major contradiction a few lines down:

A Local 10 News viewer said that her daughter works at the hospital and was initially told that she couldn't leave the building.

LOL do these idiots even read the articles they write? How many damn contradictions can you have, especially when one is 2 sentences after the first one! The media is irresponsible and we can never seem to get a straight answer.

Why would there be a need for COINTELPRO when the actual reporting of the news is total garbage anyway? Garbage in, garbage out.
edit on 8-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's like reality TV, once they find one thing that works, HAMMER IT INTO THE GROUND.

What's that, that one pawn show got good ratings, lets make 37 more.

Active shooter is the new ratings winner for the news outlet. Everyone, everywhere, is an active shooter.

Why can't it just be a shooter, or suspect at large with a weapon. Those sound lame, those are your grand dads shooters. We have ACTIVE SHOOTERS.

ACTIVE SHOOTER

ACTIVE SHOOTER

and now to weather, ohh wait, breaking news, WE HAVE AN ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATION. Seems a man with a gun was seen walking down the street, wearing an orange "military like" vest, police are responding to this ACTIVE SHOOTER situation. We have no reports of shots fired, victims, or any actual information other than the fact that an ACTIVE SHOOTER has been located and police are responding to this ACTIVE SHOOTER.

Polly want a cracker?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
Absurd, ain't it. In a way I see similarities around here, how someone will pop in a 'special' nickname for a type of person they don't like and within days that slang term has been picked up and turned into a common slur.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: usaman1983

Police are responding to an active shooter situation at a children’s hospital in Miami, Florida.
Officers from the Miami-Dade Police Department blocked off at least one entrance to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital on Friday, responding to a bomb threat and an active shooter situation on the premises.

www.rt.com...

Sure hope for a false alarm but scary report on this breaking story just now.

These words represent the world we are living in today.

The words "Active shooter", "Children", "Hospital", together in a sentence frightens the living day lights out of me.

Is nowhere or no one safe?

I worry for us, I truly do.
edit on 8/7/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: Gramma mar

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Double post and I never felt it coming.
edit on 8/7/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

When my wife was in having our son at the hospital, it was taking a long time, so they gave us a private room. Probably stupid of me, but I was bored, it was the 80's, no cell phones to occupy my unused time, so I broke down my 44 and cleaned it. It was totally innocent and something I did often, because I went shooting twice a week. It was in pieces all over the end of the bed. Doesn't a nurse walk in, freaks out and runs back out, ready to bring down the powers that be on me. Fortunately, she met my wife's doctor at the nurses station who told her to calm down, that I was military and probably bored.

Some situations that may appear to be a crisis in people's little minds are sometimes just natural stuff you do when you're bored. People really have to calm down and give their head a shake.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
No one was shot.

www.local10.com...

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. - Police and Miami-Dade Fire Rescue trucks blocked off at least one entrance to Nicklaus Children's Hospital Friday afternoon after authorities received reports of an active shooter at the hospital.

A representative from the hospital later said there was no shooting on campus.

edit on 8-7-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: MisterSpock
Absurd, ain't it. In a way I see similarities around here, how someone will pop in a 'special' nickname for a type of person they don't like and within days that slang term has been picked up and turned into a common slur.

I guess what I remember most of these being called 15 years ago where shots fired.

Police report shots fired at a local mall.

Now it's an ACTIVE SHOOTER.

The difference is meant to paint a mental picture. Shots fired is well shots fired. ACTIVE SHOOTER makes, the weaker minded, picture masked men running wild with automatic weapons shooting dozens of people.

It's fairly overt, just like the situation you mentioned. It's not nearly as crafty as some would like to believe.

link   

How would this be different from an inactive shooter?

And yet again, another "gun free" zone.

link   
I would say more of Obama's gun control agenda at play here....

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
No one was shot.

www.local10.com...

Doesn't matter, the initial report has done it's job and reinforced the belief that these situations are becoming much more frequent.
edit on 8-7-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Bomb Threat @ Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Bat 08, 12, 11, Ladder 17, Rescue 40, 14, 47, Engine 40, Hazmat, PIO 1 & 2, CST and OWC are on scene (12 minutes ago)

LINK

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
RT always gets the jump reporting this stuff...they are always hoping for more of it here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join