It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another view of what could have happened in the Philandro Castile incident?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Supposing these thing are true (what has been mentioned in this thread), there is something that doesn't make sense to me:

If this cop thought this was a suspect in an ARMED robbery that had just occurred, and thought these two people matched the description of the suspects AND with similar plates, why the hell did he approach the vehicle/walk right up to the window? Of all the things I know and have seen about cops in situations like these with a suspected ARMED robber, they would order the suspect out of the car, hands raised.

Doesn't make sense.

No saying it's not true, it just doesn't add up.

You Sir are correct.. I never thought about that until now. Normally the cops would have initiated a "felony stop" and ordered them out of the car, guns drawn.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Oh, enough with the same old narrative, already! The audio is available stating the truth about why they were stopped. His picture looks like a ringer for the guy at the robbery. She had the same cigarettes at a press conference as those that were stolen. The police would have known his record from his tags, and knowing he was likely an armed suspect (which, in fact, he was), is enough reason to be cautious. We have her word that he mentioned being armed, and her word isn't proof. The gun is even visible in the video, in his lap. He was shot for reaching, against orders, for a gun, not for his skin color, or a tail light, or "no apparent reason", as is claimed. In light of all this, her video makes a LOT more sense, because its a cover story.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Regardless if victim was gang member or career criminal or just your average damn Joe IMHO he did not need to die at the hands of officer Barney Fife. The officer's fear of the man in the car , caused the officer to make a rash & idiotic decision. The fear in his voice after the incident sums up the fact in his mind he knew he screwed the pooch and just shot an innocent man. My opinion.

Your opinion does not match the known facts. He was a suspect, and he was armed, and he did reach. That is a valid reason for the cop to shoot, and calling him "Barney Fife" is uncalled for, and borders on slander. The guy made the bad decision, not the cop. No proof of a permit yet, and he looks just like the suspect - same ears, jaw, facial hair, everything. The officer worrying about an armed suspect shooting him isn't being rash or idiotic, since the girlfriend even admits he reached, and the gun was right there on his left thigh.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Supposing these thing are true (what has been mentioned in this thread), there is something that doesn't make sense to me:

If this cop thought this was a suspect in an ARMED robbery that had just occurred, and thought these two people matched the description of the suspects AND with similar plates, why the hell did he approach the vehicle/walk right up to the window? Of all the things I know and have seen about cops in situations like these with a suspected ARMED robber, they would order the suspect out of the car, hands raised.

Doesn't make sense.

We don't have the cop's side of the story, or dashcam video. We do know, from her video, that the cop did, in fact, tell him not to reach. She admits that. Likely, he approached to check things out, with the totally legal tail light cover, and the guy knew he was busted, so he went for the gun in his lap. Cops says don't, he does anyway, and the cop does what training and common sense dictate he does, and shoots. All considered, that's most likely.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Exactly...this is the part of damage control, paint the victim like he deserved to die anyways and many will say "he was nothing but a dope smoking criminal and deserved to die"....we are fed a whole bunch of lies from start to finish.....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Exactly...this is the part of damage control, paint the victim like he deserved to die anyways and many will say "he was nothing but a dope smoking criminal and deserved to die"....we are fed a whole bunch of lies from start to finish.....

Gee, the cop was vilified before Castile was checked into.

The cop wasn't even white.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Gee, the cop was vilified before Castile was checked into.

The cop wasn't even white.

Well that is because it is not a race issue, even though some are stuck thinking it is.....chances are this cop was burnt out...they say the average time it takes for a person to become burnt out in their profession is around 3 years...i would hazard a guess that the cop involved was past that point.....

It would be a very tough job being a cop in America....they need more support especially in the mental health department...
edit on 11-7-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: my engrish sux

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
And this is how it starts to justify the officers actions. Public vilification of the victim.

This is the problem behind the discourse. This is why people are so upset about these killings. Dig up every negative about the victim, label them a POS on society and then all of a sudden people side with the murderer.

How is complying with the officer and reaching for what was asked by the officer and being shot by the officer REGARDLESS of ANYTHING past present or future justified?

If he informed the officer that he was carrying a weapon that was allegedly legal and the officer failed to take the necessary steps to secure the weapon, but instead opted to shoot him then his death is not justified.

This shoot first and ask questions later has to stop.

You nor I know what happened. Only what his girlfriend told us. I am not witch hunting this dead man, just seeking out what the facts in the case are. If facts make this man look bad then oh well, that is on him.

iTruthSeeker

What does any vilification after the fact have to do with what happened in that moment? Did he inform the officer he was gang member? Did he inform the officer he had in fact just left a robbery? No, he was profiled by the officer for having a wide set nose.

He did however inform the officer of his carry permit and weapon. I guess that carries the punishment of death these days.

This woman has already been caught in lies. I am not vilifying anyone. I just want the truth of what really went down. And how it went down. We cannot go based off of ONLY what this witness said. Remember Dorian, the witness in the Mike Brown case? He lied his butt off and it partly started this whole BLM movment, based off of a lie. *Hands up don't shoot*

According to his girlfriend after the fact, no he did not inform them, at least not when he probably should have. That is what we are trying to find out, what happend.

iTruthSeeker

"Been caught in lies", wow, you are already making the victims of this senseless violence seem like they are guilty of something. What the hell is going on.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Doesn't make sense.

We don't have the cop's side of the story, or dashcam video. We do know, from her video, that the cop did, in fact, tell him not to reach. She admits that. Likely, he approached to check things out, with the totally legal tail light cover, and the guy knew he was busted, so he went for the gun in his lap. Cops says don't, he does anyway, and the cop does what training and common sense dictate he does, and shoots. All considered, that's most likely.

We also know that the cop asked for his ID, and he was getting that ID when shot. Explain it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join