It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Suspect Was Upset About Recent Police Shootings [UPDATE - Shooter Was Ex-Military]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

A suspect in the ambush of 12 Dallas police officers "wanted to kill white people, especially white officers," and was upset about recent police shootings, the city police chief said Friday.

Authorities killed the man after a standoff in a garage at El Centro Community College in the early hours of Friday morning, after several hours of negotiations. After exchanging gunfire with him, they "saw no other option" but to kill him by detonating a bomb, Brown said.

"Other options would have exposed our officers to grave danger," he said.

Authorities did not identify the suspect. A senior law enforcement official told NBC News he is believed to be Micah Xavier Johnson, 25, from the Dallas area.

Dallas Suspect Was Upset About Recent Police Shootings, 'Wanted to Kill White People'

At this point, the police department and a lot of other folks are being tight-lipped about what's been found. I will update when more news stories from a reliable source become available.

One thing that did catch my eye was that the suspect was killed by a bomb sent in by a police robot. I believe this is the first time that this has happened. I hope that it will cause some discussion around police departments about the use of robots and drones.

For those of you not aware, we have a Black police chief ( David Brown - more on his news conference here) who has been the head of the department since 2010, following a string of police chiefs who were occasionally openly racist. During his term as police chief, relations between cops and community have gradually improved in some respect and there has been an apparent increase in diversity in the police force (which may simply be social or may be his own personal policy. I don't remember.)

Dallas was also part of a pilot program in transparency, volunarily releasing all data on any officer-involved shooting

Things are quiet here in Dallas...grimly quiet. The city is very subdued.

My friends at the protest have all reported in safe; some finally got home at 4 am. There may be a vigil at Thanksgiving Square this afternoon... not sure if that's been organized yet.

JUST IN: SHOOTER WAS FORMER ARMY RESERVIST

No surprise here, I guess:

The sniper who shot 12 Dallas cops — killing five — was identified Friday as a former Army reservist with no criminal record or ties to terror groups.

Micah Xavier Johnson, 25, told a police negotiator he was targeting white officers because he was angry over the recent spate of cop-involved killings.

www.nydailynews.com...

He may have also had PTSD. See last paragraphs of article.

edit on 8-7-2016 by Byrd because: formatting! Argh! Also, vital updates.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

There will always be people that will want to kill other people because of race, religion, what-have-you.

This idiot wanted to kill white people.

I'm saddened by the loss of lives and the impact that it has had on the families and communities.

But this moron got what he deserved. Hopefully the other 3 cowardly racist criminals will get what they deserve.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Nevertheless they killed people from the BLUE race...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The makings of the lone nut in practice before our eyes.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There is no way I'd show up to work as a white Dallas police officer today or maybe even for the week. I'd let the city be destroyed before I faced blatant racist hatred like that.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Surprisingly enough it seems RT is showing a group called BPPO claiming responsibility for the hit. They captured their facebook page, which is now deleted and are showing some of the statements made by them.

Also the Southern Poverty Law Center, makes no mention of this group being a hate group!

Black Power Political Organization claims Dallas shooting on Facebook, vows more attacks

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yeah, all sorts of wannabes will show up claiming involvement. I half expect Daesh to make a statement as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I hope people see through this. It's obviously another tactic being used to flare up racism in our country. They're using everything in the books to make us paranoid and hateful toward one another. Divided we fall, they know this and they are doing anything and everything in their power to make that a reality.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Was he the shooter that was shown in the footage flanking the slain officer in the street?

If so, he seemed very experienced.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I thought Johnson claimed he "wasn't apart of any group"

But then this "Black Power Political Organization" is taking responsibility for the Dallas attacks and say there are more to come

www.breitbart.com...

Something stinks..

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The Daily News has changed the story to a lone shooter. Will all follow suit?

He killed some, not all.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So was it just this one guy?

Thought there were multiple shooters?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
There is no way I'd show up to work as a white Dallas police officer today or maybe even for the week. I'd let the city be destroyed before I faced blatant racist hatred like that.

I'm sure most cops would agree with you, screw the city and the people, my priority is me above all else.

Hell, most probably think "Protect and Service" is a trim level on the vehicles they drive.

I mean, it's not like they swore an oath or anything, it's just a jerb.
edit on 8-7-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

It was multiple shooters until it wasn't. That's how it goes with all these mass shootings for some reason. I think it's to hide the fact that these things were very organized and planned events. It's much easier to write it off as a lone gunman than to get into the details of how it was organized by a group of people, that might uncover who the real perpetrators were and would cause more questions than they would like being asked.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Nope. Just one guy who lived in a cave in a mountainous desert half way around the world.

Every time something is manufactured it always tidy's up to just one guy.

Just like in 1984.

Just like in the real world 2001

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

What stinks is that you get your 'news' from Breitbart.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

It was one of the many news sources covering the story..

www.zerohedge.com...

www.rt.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Especially when the president is inciting these murderous racists.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They thought because he was black that he wouldn't want to surrender.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Where has Obama incited anyone? I'm not saying you're wrong I just don't know what he had said to make people kill cops. If you can show evidence of that, could you explain how his comments are any different than what Trump has said?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join