It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting was terrible, but understandable in some ways.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Oh...what the hell. This is directed to anyone interested but especially anyone in the black community in the USA. I have some life-saving information for you. I am offering this to you to help you all. Here is how not to be shot by a police officer, how to not get arrested, how to not go to jail and how to live a profitable and happy life.

1. Don't commit any crime.
2. Respect those we pay to stop crime.
3. Wake up early, work hard and earn your own living.
4. If you have a child, Father them and support them. They are the future of your community.
5. Find something...anything that you believe is more important than you. God, family, child...anything.
6. Stay far away from any location that is filled with people who don't follow these simple rules...no matter what.
7. Respect your neighbor, respect any stranger and respect yourself.
8. Understand and realize that no one owes you anything that you haven't specifically earned.
9. If you have been treated legally unfairly (ie. not just your opinion), seek legal action instead of revenge.
10. Don't associate with anyone who doesn't hold these values and if they did but change...say goodbye.

* NOTE: This is NOT suggesting you aren't doing at least some of the above.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I agree with much of what you said as good advice. I can tell you with absolute certainty that many, not all, but many don't share the same values in any way shape or form. I've lived in poor "black" neighborhoods to upper middle class "white" neighborhoods and what a difference education and resources can make towards producing a well adjusted citizen, but ultimately it's the attitude and culture that drive certain attitudes.

Your trust and respect for authority is obvious, and that's fine, but it's also fine to constantly question and challenge it...actually it's a requirement the founding fathers tried to instill in people. Your duty as a citizen is to challenge government power grabs, not cheer it on and encourage it.

We can argue cause and effect all we want but the numbers don't lie...there's a problem. Personal responsibility is waning everywhere and it's easy to see where it's lacking the most.

I might add this to your list;
"Just because something is legal and you have the right to do it, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Pick your battles to win the war"
edit on 8-7-2016 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0

I agree with much of what you said as good advice. I can tell you with absolute certainty that many, not all, but many don't share the same values in any way shape or form. I've lived in poor "black" neighborhoods to upper middle class "white" neighborhoods and what a difference education and resources can make towards producing a well adjusted citizen, but ultimately it's the attitude and culture that drive certain attitudes.

Your trust and respect for authority is obvious, and that's fine, but it's also fine to constantly question and challenge it...actually it's a requirement the founding fathers tried to instill in people. Your duty as a citizen is to challenge government power grabs, not cheer it on and encourage it.

We can argue cause and effect all we want but the numbers don't lie...there's a problem. Personal responsibility is waning everywhere and it's easy to see where it's lacking the most.

I might add this to your list;
"Just because something is legal and you have the right to do it, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Pick your battles to win the war"

With respect. You mention poor, education and resources and while I understand your point, I'd like you to consider something the exact opposite. Maybe these people are animals and want nothing to do or are unwilling to expend the effort just because that is what they are. And the result is poor, low education and low resources. I believe that for at least some, these things aren't the cause of what they are...but what they are is the reason these things exist.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Obamalogic,,,, a few bad cops means groups can target all police nationwide as bad guys.

BLM cannot be labeled bad guys because of a few bad groupies who murder cops after obeying BLM chants of death to cops.

Double standard hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Provocative OP but AWFUL title.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Not necessarily disagreeing with what you said, but I still take issue with the incidents which involve cops shooting/killing unarmed people. At-least with regards to recent history.

OP is addressing systemic abuse which has occurred relatively unchecked for decades.

I understand a cop would be more on edge dealing with a Black or Hispanic vs a White. But to OP's point, maybe theyre in the wrong line of work if they cant deal with the inherent challenges and stresses of being a cop without placing the citizen's rights first.

edit on 10-8-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join