It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magician and Spider in dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I want to preface this post/question with stating that I do not have a fear of arachnids.

As a matter of fact I like them and seek them out. Odd to some I realize but there it is.

I woke this morning, after this dream, with a start and it really shook me. My brother in law moved out a few months back and took all of the dream related books so I have been 'googling' since I woke up. A few of the answers I've found to explain the dream make sense and others not so much so I thought I would see what sort of insight or knowledge any of the members here would care to share. If at all. Thanks in advance. The dream:

I found myself laying on some sort of table under very bright lights. Lights that you would find in a theater perhaps. I was very hot and felt as if I couldn't breathe. There was a very heavy blanket over me.

A dark haired man whose face was obscure was standing over me to my left and from his attire I thought to myself, in my dream, that he must be a magician? I attempted to move my arms and realized I was tied down. He began talking over me out toward the blackness in the distance and it seemed like the way one would speak to an audience in a show. I can't remember what he was saying but he was very animated, just like a magician would be.

I tried to move again and realized that whatever I was being held with I was not going to be able to get free.

He reached to his left and I saw a large (when I say large it took up his entire hand) red spider. Not a typical mexican tarantula type spider although it did look just like a tarantula. This spider was blood red, not orange or with pinkish hues. Deep dark and blood red. Having never seen one exactly like that I was interested but concerned. The 'magician' pulled back the covers and put it beside me next to my waist and I was able to raise my head enough to look down and it had started to crawl somewhat on my side like it was going to climb onto my stomach.

The spider looked at me and I saw teeth. Then I was a little fearful that it would bite me and not knowing what it was exactly I thought am I going to die? I began talking to the magician but have no idea now what I was saying. He answered and the same I don't know what he said. The conversation did seem to escalate and become heated on my side with him laughing on his. He continued to talk to the invisible (to me) audience and the spider made its way to the middle of my stomach. I could feel its weight in my dream and it was quite heavy actually. It was staring at me and I knew it was going to bite me.

At that moment it occurred to me to stop struggling and if it bit me then maybe I could get free at some point and seek help of anti venom before I died or became very ill. So, I put my head back down, calmed my breathing and closed my eyes. I felt it's furry movement up my stomach toward my chest and then swear I felt what was claws and it was at that moment I woke up. Startled I went to make coffee and began to type out the dream.

As I said, I googled some dream interpretations and wanted some other points of view.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

In your waking state... is there someone in your life that you feel is smothering you ?

The descriptions from your dream seem to be of a sinister not so good nature:
The bright lights glaring upon you and searing you with heat
The dangerous venomous spider
The magician - one who produces illusion or slight of hand

leolady

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Yes, yes and yes.

I wasn't leaning in that direction because it's nothing new really and I've accepted it.

Maybe the 'stress' of it is just now escaping through my dreams? Sort of a release?

It is likely that although I was thinking something new because the smothering/pressure is not.

Thank you leolady for responding!

The magician did seem sinister but not personally upset with me. Does that make sense? It seemed like just another 'show' to me for him.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Your dream reminds me of the film, Vampires Apprentice.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

I've never heard of it but I will check it out!

My gosh!

*I wonder if that movie came on the TV while I was asleep!
edit on 8-7-2016 by TNMockingbird because: *

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29

I've never heard of it but I will check it out!

My gosh!

*I wonder if that movie came on the TV while I was asleep!

Lol it's possible it came on, the vampire magician guy has a spider with red on it and it dance's around etc lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Fraud, manipulation, deception, strife and quarreling, being lost from the truth, being tested in your life by all this. Anger or rage. Love for others or covering mistakes.

Those are just the ones I found that linked to things in your dream.

Both the magician and the spider are linked to the fraud, manipulation, deception, strike and quarreling (you even argued with the magician in the dream). The theater setting is about having wandered away from the truth. The blanket you feel is being smothered either by your love for others or your need to cover mistakes (given the themes so far, I'd lean to the latter). Being restrained on the table? The table indicates a time of testing for you. And the red color of the spider is all about anger or rage

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, some of that has an air of familiarity to it.

I suppose I am/have covered some mistakes, recently, for those I love. No deception, though, just mistakes.

No arguing/quarreling going on currently although I am in disagreement (not hostile) with someone over someone we both love and what to do about the future of that person.

I do feel smothered at times so that makes some sense.

I imagine that some of the hostility/strife could be buried down deep in the subconscious and dream state is where it is able to be released?

Thanks for responding.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hey new user here! I'm still figuring out how to work this. I don't claim to be a dream interpreter, but what I understood----> It seems that (in real life) you may have gotten yourself into something dangerous; It may be quite interesting and mysterious, maybe that's what allured you. But the spider itself represents a very dark form of witchcraft or sorcery. The spider can also represent poison or death.

As for the 'magician'- Somewhere you have lost control, and you are now under the power of something dark and dangerous. But there's a positive side to this! You were able to move a little bit, and the spider didn't bite you...or did it? And even if it did bite you, than that represents that some of its venom is in you, perhaps in your mind. Whether it bit you or not, you still have the liberty to release yourself from that danger.

I believe dreams are the Universe's way of letting us know what's going on in our lives. I had a similar dream like yours back in 2012, but the spider in my dream wasn't as large.

There's a proverb that reminds me of the mystery man in your dream:

"Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee: To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things: who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness..."

a reply to: TNMockingbird

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: HanakinTheJedi

Thank you for your response.

I think since the dream I have almost figured out it's meaning.

Some of it in the past and some of it is current.

I am being cautious. Thanks again for taking time!

top topics

join